Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Southampton away

Let's hope for same result 48 years ago this week. 14th October 1967, we won 5-1 at their gaff. I know Stringy and Shilton scored.

I am not a total statto saddo, it was just my Mums 40th birthday and we didn't go to the game. Listened to the updates on the wireless. Never forget hearing Shilts had scored. My Mum still shares a season ticket with the missus. Popping round to see her tomorrow, she's 88 for those no good at maths!

People asking about parking. Southampton is a bloody nightmare. There are car patks around Bedford Place area, but they are dreadful to get out after the game. Very little on street parking anywhere close to The Avenue (thats the main road in from the bottom of the M3, and where you want to be to get away afterwards.)

People asking about parking. Southampton is a bloody nightmare. There are car patks around Bedford Place area, but they are dreadful to get out after the game. Very little on street parking anywhere close to The Avenue (thats the main road in from the bottom of the M3, and where you want to be to get away afterwards.)

Oakbank Road - other side of the river over the Toll. It's a free car park but you can get onto the M27 easy enough. That means more milage but saves tons of time avoiding traffic

Archived