Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RedSoxUK

USA 2016 Presidential Election Thread

POTUS  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as POTUS?

• Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rand Paul
    • Martin O'Malley
    • Jim Webb

Yes, it's speculation and I would be astonished if was seriously charged with inciting a riot, the ramifications for free speech would be injurious, if he somehow was I'm sure it would be laughed out of any courtroom.

What next? Charge Jeremy Corbyn with affray for his words when the students go on a rampage through London? It's absolutely pathetic and I can't even be bothered to enter a serious discussion about it. I hate the excuse culture the World has developed.

Has Jeremy Corbyn said anything approving of violent behaviour or even offering to provide legal counsel for it?  If so then yes, such behaviour from a politician should never be lauded.

Would you be alright with me offering the fine members of this board compensation for any legal trouble that arises should they decide to beat you up?  I suspect you may claim to have a problem with words encouraging violent behaviour in that scenario.  Alas I tried finding out but a mod deleted my comment designed to get your honest reaction and so we'll never know what you truly feel when it affects you personally.

So many things wrong with this, but he definitely doesn't advocate shooting Bowe Bergdahl for 'desertion' around the 8:27 mark.

Seriously though, I defy anyone to watch that whole video and defend anything the man says.

Nobody taking up my challenge?  Can we all now admit the man's a hate-peddler who relies on dodgy, misleading statistics and buzzwords delivered in his unique 'charismatic' method of garbled speech to encourage xenophobes and bigots as well as straight up idiots to support him?

And when are you going to admit that there's insurmountable evidence showing his true colours @@MattP?  Or are we just playing the 'ignore inconvenient truths that show me up for a die-hard unquestioning defender of right-wing politics' game?

Nobody taking up my challenge?  Can we all now admit the man's a hate-peddler who relies on dodgy, misleading statistics and buzzwords delivered in his unique 'charismatic' method of garbled speech to encourage xenophobes and bigots as well as straight up idiots to support him?

And when are you going to admit that there's insurmountable evidence showing his true colours @@MattP?  Or are we just playing the 'ignore inconvenient truths that show me up for a die-hard unquestioning defender of right-wing politics' game?

You seem to be peddling plenty of hate yourself, just in a different manner and direction. Trump is a bit too full on for me but I would rather see him than the soft alternatives.

The real tragedy is that we have to discuss Trump at a stage of the political calendar year where he's seriously to be considered the Republican party frontrunner for the Oval Office!

Why neither his own party nor the voters have the decency of exposing him for what he truly stands for (nothing) is beyond belief. They'd rather follow a simplistic two-face and rhetoric swashbuckler who likes to talk a lot (just not sense), boasting about his wealth whilst coming across as overly xenophobic and clueless with regards to global political issues.

A Trump victory later this year would signify the beginning of the political end of the United States of America.

But that's only my humble opinion.

You seem to be peddling plenty of hate yourself, just in a different manner and direction. Trump is a bit too full on for me but I would rather see him than the soft alternatives.

I'm peddling hate by being amazed that people don't accept that's what Drumpf is up to and earnestly providing evidence to back up my view of the man so that the people in question can consider themselves well-informed and hopefully take a step back from defending his hateful rhetoric?  That's rather obtuse don't you think?  Next you'll be calling me a hate monger for insisting that ISIS are hateful people.

I'm peddling hate by being amazed that people don't accept that's what Drumpf is up to and earnestly providing evidence to back up my view of the man so that the people in question can consider themselves well-informed and hopefully take a step back from defending his hateful rhetoric?  That's rather obtuse don't you think?  Next you'll be calling me a hate monger for insisting that ISIS are hateful people.

Its still expressing hate and encouraging others to join, it's just a different perspective and different scale. We are all guilty of it. In all honesty I don't know enough about US politics and the candidates, so I should keep at arms length.

Its still expressing hate and encouraging others to join, it's just a different perspective and different scale. We are all guilty of it. In all honesty I don't know enough about US politics and the candidates, so I should keep at arms length.

I'm sorry if it comes across as hate towards anyone other than Drumpf himself who I do have a very strong dislike of all told.  Towards anyone else it's little more than exasperation that they can apparently not see something which to my mind should be a trivial notion given the vast amount of direct evidence which has been provided in this thread.  I'm encouraging others to join me in seeing the man for the demagogue he is and taking issue with anyone defending him because they don't like left-wing politicians, nothing more.

The enemy of one's enemy can sometimes be one's friend but they shouldn't be if that man is Donald Drumpf and that's something @@MattP in particular is having difficulty grasping.  I'm not hating on him but he's been staunch in holding his views so I'm being equally staunch in attempting to coax an admission of ill-conceived defence of a hate monger out of him.

I'm sorry if it comes across as hate towards anyone other than Drumpf himself who I do have a very strong dislike of all told.  Towards anyone else it's little more than exasperation that they can apparently not see something which to my mind should be a trivial notion given the vast amount of direct evidence which has been provided in this thread.  I'm encouraging others to join me in seeing the man for the demagogue he is and taking issue with anyone defending him because they don't like left-wing politicians, nothing more.

The enemy of one's enemy can sometimes be one's friend but they shouldn't be if that man is Donald Drumpf and that's something @@MattP in particular is having difficulty grasping.  I'm not hating on him but he's been staunch in holding his views so I'm being equally staunch in attempting to coax an admission of ill-conceived defence of a hate monger out of him.

Fair enough. I've only read a few bits maybe I've misinterpreted your words a bit, so I apologise.

I see where you are coming from Carl. The more people you antagonise the more likelihood there is some of them will turn against you. It is like ill treating a dog. At some point it may bite. The easy course of action is to put the dog down without looking at the reason that it bit. 

I am in no way defending the actions of terrorists but desperate people do desperate things.

If you'd read and watched any of the dissenting comments with any kind of sincerity you'd know the answer to that @@MattP.  Yet more proof you don't really care about the argument, you just want to defend FC Right-Wing.

I'll post the episode for you again so you can inform yourself:

John Oliver killing it:

Having downloaded the drumpfinator extension this thread is now infinitely more entertaining.

Quite a few people seem to give a shit.  He said Trump doesn't incite violence and can't even be bothered to read comments and look at the videos proving otherwise.  Clearly Matt's to proud to admit he's wrong so sure I'll let it drop now since you asked so nicely.  If he continues denying obvious facts though I reserve the right to respond.

Quite a few people seem to give a shit.  He said Trump doesn't incite violence and can't even be bothered to read comments and look at the videos proving otherwise.  Clearly Matt's to proud to admit he's wrong so sure I'll let it drop now since you asked so nicely.  If he continues denying obvious facts though I reserve the right to respond.

Seeing as neither you, me or Matt has a vote in america does it really matter?

The result of the american election won't be decided by what's said on here, some people have different views, learn to live with it.

Guest MattP

I responded a few days ago......

"Yes, it's speculation and I would be astonished if was seriously charged with inciting a riot, the ramifications for free speech would be injurious, if he somehow was I'm sure it would be laughed out of any courtroom.

What next? Charge Jeremy Corbyn with affray for his words when the students go on a rampage through London? It's absolutely pathetic and I can't even be bothered to enter a serious discussion about it. I hate the excuse culture the World has developed"

We obviously have different definitions of advocating violence, you hear the sort of stuff Trump says every day.

I responded a few days ago......

"Yes, it's speculation and I would be astonished if was seriously charged with inciting a riot, the ramifications for free speech would be injurious, if he somehow was I'm sure it would be laughed out of any courtroom.

What next? Charge Jeremy Corbyn with affray for his words when the students go on a rampage through London? It's absolutely pathetic and I can't even be bothered to enter a serious discussion about it. I hate the excuse culture the World has developed"

We obviously have different definitions of advocating violence, you hear the sort of stuff Trump says every day.

You really, really don't.  Not from respected political leaders in any case.  Likening Corbyn to him is ridiculous unless you have any quotes to provide where's he's done anything like reminiscing about the good old days when protesters would get a kicking from the police or gesturing the action of firing a rifle to put down a US soldier he accuses of desertion without any evidence.

Seeing as neither you, me or Matt has a vote in america does it really matter?

The result of the american election won't be decided by what's said on here, some people have different views, learn to live with it.

This is a message board for debating different views and this is a thread dedicated to the US election is it not?

This is a message board for debating different views and this is a thread dedicated to the US election is it not?

Making the same point in different threads for day after day? You've made your point, Matt's responded, you don't like his answer ,too bad. It's getting boring now.

Guest MattP

Has the US ever had two more unpopular people running for president?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/politics/2016-election-poll-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton register net negative ratings in double digits, indicating the front-runners for each party's presidential nominations are viewed negatively at historic levels, according to a new CBS/New York Times poll.

150429103538-bernie-sanders-gallery-phot

160305150449-candidates-small-169.jpg

150616113043-donald-trump-small-169.jpg

150208111452-ted-cruz-small-169.jpg

150609204533-john-kasich-april-18-2015-s

150613122827-01-hillary-0613-small-169.j

150429103538-bernie-sanders-gallery-phot

That makes Trump and Clinton viewed more unfavorably than any front-runner for either party since 1984, when CBS began polling voters on the question.

On the Republican side, Trump scores a net negative of -33, with a favorable rating of 24% compared to 57% of voters who view him unfavorably. On the Democratic side, Clinton fares only slightly better with a net negative of -21, registering a 31% favorable rating and a 52% unfavorable rating, according to the poll.

Archived