Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RedSoxUK

USA 2016 Presidential Election Thread

POTUS  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as POTUS?

• Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rand Paul
    • Martin O'Malley
    • Jim Webb

Wanted to seperate the Poltics Thread with a US specific one as the 2016 election beckons.

Republican and Democratic primaries are just around the corner.

Who will win the primaries? Who do you want to win the primaries? Who do you want to see as POTUS in 2016.

I'd go for Bernie Sanders but he'd be shot by republicans before he got anywhere near the White House. On the Republican side, surely we can't have another Bush after last time, as for Donald Trump, if he wins I'm getting off this planet. For those reasons I hope the Republicans pick Rubio. Hilary will get the democratic vote and be POTUS. 

Can't see the Republicans getting over their infighting enough to present a halfway decent candidate, thank goodness. Rubio might be the sole exception.

Sanders will run Hillary close but I think she'll have enough broad appeal to win. Either of them would do enough to pick up the swing states against any of the republican candidates...again, with the possible exception of Rubio.

Like over here, it's going to come down to just a few crucial areas (Florida and Ohio being the key two).

Political views aside, Trump doesn't even strike me as a serious politician. From the snippets I've seen from debates and interviews it's seemed like a not-very-good comedian has been allowed onto the stage for a bit of fun. Doesn't appear to have any near an adequate understanding of the major issues and just responds with snark and insults.

Honestly, America, wtf.

It's not going to be Trump, that would Corbyn for leader look sensible.

Rubio or Bush for me, watching the second debate I was astounded at how clever and affable Bush was, just showed my own ignorance, he's multi lingual and his brother could barely master English.

Democratic nomination has to be Clinton, that looks sewn up.

Whoever it is they can't be any worse than the long legged mack daddy, he'll be remembered for little more than his skin colour and being the US president that started his country being taken the piss out of by the Russians again.

It's not going to be Trump, that would Corbyn for leader look sensible.

Rubio or Bush for me, watching the second debate I was astounded at how clever and affable Bush was, just showed my own ignorance, he's multi lingual and his brother could barely master English.

Democratic nomination has to be Clinton, that looks sewn up.

Whoever it is they can't be any worse than the long legged mack daddy, he'll be remembered for little more than his skin colour and being the US president that started his country being taken the piss out of by the Russians again.

It really depends who takes the votes from other Republican candidates, the polls suggest a Carson / Trump head to head but Rubio is the 3rd and probably the next backer, when some drop out I expect their votes to go to Carson. But... Is Carson an electable Republican? As much as i'd like to think the Republican states would support him, I do think a black candidate would be enough for some Southern states to not vote. I'd back Carson at this point over Trump.

As for Hilary, I think her issues as Secretary of State, her foreign policy and the fact she's a consistent liar; I don't think she brings enough to the table to be the Democratic candidate, I reckon Sanders will take it.

Sanders v Carson would be my guess.

The whole World would be pissing themselves if it ended up Sanders v Trump.

South Park would have a field day with those two sides of the extreme.

Obama has done a good job during a time that has seen parties (especially the Republicans) become more polarised resulting in gridlock in Congress. It will be a tough act to follow.

Sanders won't make it because he doesn't moderate what he says. His people like that, but the party won't. Clinton, no. She is tarnished. I am not sure who else is running for dems.

Bush, good guy but come on, there has to be someone else. Not another Bush.

Trump, he's just pandering to the base. The party will get rid.

Carson, too much of a wild card. Says random stuff. He won't last.

Rubio, maybe.

Who knows?!

Obama has done a good job during a time that has seen parties (especially the Republicans) become more polarised resulting in gridlock in Congress. It will be a tough act to follow.

Sanders won't make it because he doesn't moderate what he says. His people like that, but the party won't. Clinton, no. She is tarnished. I am not sure who else is running for dems.

Bush, good guy but come on, there has to be someone else. Not another Bush.

Trump, he's just pandering to the base. The party will get rid.

Carson, too much of a wild card. Says random stuff. He won't last.

Rubio, maybe.

Who knows?!

I'd be Happy with Rubio. Articulate and passionate.

I'd quite like Carson. He's actually extremely intelligent and he's quiet ( but authoritative when he has to be) and i like the fact he doesn't seem to attack the  other candidates.

And  that's  one thing i cant stand about American politics... Yes all countries do it  some degree, im sure, But its astounding to me that some candidates will absolutely slander and vilify another candidate running for presidency. From an opposing political party? I can understand that to some degree. But from the same political Party? I just don't get it.  To me its just evidence that they are not that bothered about representing the people, but about securing a powerful position.

I do like the way the US guys are not afraid to savage each other on the same side.

Compare that to ours which saw all the left wingers hugging at the end of debates after trying to arrange an anti Tory alliance.

That's because they're so different! especially last term when Ron Paul was largely ignored.

Archived