Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Colchester (A) 30/1/16 12:45ko

That is their most expensive block though. Most home blocks are £26 to £30, which seems reasonable for an FA Cup game against Premier League opposition. It will be interesting to see what they charge us, if we get through.

Couldn't agree more, since when do away fans get located in the centre seats of a main stand?

Average price for us really but why has this thread been started before it's even confirmed we're going there?

Couldn't agree more, since when do away fans get located in the centre seats of a main stand?

Average price for us really but why has this thread been started before it's even confirmed we're going there?

Because despite having only 20% possession in the replay, we are going to get a dodgy last minute penalty for handball. The keeper dives the wrong way and Ulloa, despite struggling to get the ball out of his feet strokes the ball just over the line and we win. Obvious.

If what Ashley says is correct of course it will be the same price.

You do know Arsenal tickets were only £26 don't you?

Ashley is correct we can't be charged any higher then home fans with a similar view

Also The only way the tickets can be cheaper is if our club contributed the difference to the ticket price that is charged to the fan

Ashley is correct we can't be charged any higher then home fans with a similar view

Also The only way the tickets can be cheaper is if our club contributed the difference to the ticket price that is charged to the fan

Haven't Swansea done that in the league this season for every away game?

They've used that £200k all 20 clubs got to put tickets at £25 regardless of who it is on the road?

If what Ashley says is correct of course it will be the same price.

You do know Arsenal tickets were only £26 don't you?

i know they were yes.

£26 to see colchester is still fair game in my eyes. arsenal offered us dirt cheap tickets. 

Fair game? To watch a third division side? Football's really gone to the dogs.

yeah i would say fair game. £20 to watch any team i would say is enough really. Its the FA cup and they are playing a premier league team. they are within their rights to knock their prices up to increase revenue in my eyes. 

further to this, anyone remember how much our prices were in league 1? they were not any lower than £20 themselves surely. Without digging through my sales history i dont know. 

yeah i would say fair game. £20 to watch any team i would say is enough really. Its the FA cup and they are playing a premier league team. they are within their rights to knock their prices up to increase revenue in my eyes. 

further to this, anyone remember how much our prices were in league 1? they were not any lower than £20 themselves surely. Without digging through my sales history i dont know. 

Not exactly a decent way to treat their supporters who watch them play the likes of Scunthorpe or Burton week in, week out though is it? They're going to sell out anyway so why mug off your own fans like that? Same with Derby charging over the odds for the Man United tie, it's just a way to build a barrier between club and fans.

Not exactly a decent way to treat their supporters who watch them play the likes of Scunthorpe or Burton week in, week out though is it? They're going to sell out anyway so why mug off your own fans like that? Same with Derby charging over the odds for the Man United tie, it's just a way to build a barrier between club and fans.

eta, just read through the entire FA challenge cup rules, latest edition.

The home club sets prices, but that could still mean communicating with the away team first at their discretion. No home team can charge away fans more unless agreed by the away team first.

Also rather interestingly the home club of the rounds first tie has to ask for the allocation for a replay before the first game takes place and be the holder of those tickets by the end of the drawn match.

So Spurs would've asked for the standard amount and not the 15% of capacity before last Sunday's game.

Don't forget for cup games both teams have to agree to a price, if they can't the FA will step in.

Regarding the Derby and man Utd game, a replay can't be more than the first tie, man Utd would surely think of this before agreeing to a match ticket price incase it went back to old Trafford.

i was not aware of this rule. would make sense as to why all lower league teams increase prices for FA cup games when the big boys come to town. premier league team banking on what is financially viable for them in case of a replay. 

It's things like a good FA cup draw that helps a number of lower league teams stay above water. A tie against premier league opposition is what most teams league 1 and below dream of as it helps balance the books at the end of the season. Like another poster has mentioned, when we were in league one the tickets were around the same price and I'd have been more than happy to pay a few quid more than usual league game prices to see us play a premier league team at that point. Can't blame them at all.

It's things like a good FA cup draw that helps a number of lower league teams stay above water. A tie against premier league opposition is what most teams league 1 and below dream of as it helps balance the books at the end of the season. Like another poster has mentioned, when we were in league one the tickets were around the same price and I'd have been more than happy to pay a few quid more than usual league game prices to see us play a premier league team at that point. Can't blame them at all.

Pretty flimsy way to stay afloat as you've no guarantee of a good draw in any year, and long-term you're harming relations with loyal fans. Of course funds from the Cup are a nice bonus and have no doubt vastly improved some clubs' financial standings, but it smacks of being a bit greedy for what is basically only a few thousand quid extra (provided you sell out the more expensive tickets of course).

Pretty flimsy way to stay afloat as you've no guarantee of a good draw in any year, and long-term you're harming relations with loyal fans. Of course funds from the Cup are a nice bonus and have no doubt vastly improved some clubs' financial standings, but it smacks of being a bit greedy for what is basically only a few thousand quid extra (provided you sell out the more expensive tickets of course).

Fairly sure it's more the non league clubs that hope for the big games to keep them going a season or two, leagues 1&2 should have some financial backing or support behind them to buy players etc. Bolton are a mystery though!

Archived