Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Watford (A) 5/3/16 17:30pm

You mean making it nigh on impossible for anyone in P3 to get more points?

No but this rolling system means people are moving up brackets all the while.

If they maybe introduced a higher bracket for 1 day of sales then smaller bands. You may find it helps.

108+ to 114 must cover a lot of people now for example. If you started this season on anything above 100 you could easily now have got to 108.

And it now seems 108 is crashing the site for games now.

If they moved to a bracket above 135 and then 130 they could at least slow the rush. It still isn't gonna stop it selling out at the same speed.

But would certainly help.

Feel bad for everyone who didn't get tickets for this, I don't know how but there needs to be a better system, so many loopholes and questions to ask, all of which I've highlighted previously.

I don't understand why we changed for x amount of games per priority to a points per games system, don't get me wrong ultimately it's a similar system but it's just seemed to work better and give people a better/more even/fair chance.

At the end of the day up until the last few aways I've NEVER, ever, had any trouble getting tickets, you have to ask the question why all of a sudden is this happening, ok we're doing well that's a main factor but how come all of a sudden we've got so many P1/P2's? When we've never had this trouble before, where have they came from for this only to be an issue now?

Luckily I've been sorted for the Arsenal game which I intilly had major trouble for and I got sorted for this too, had to go down different routes but hey if you can't beat em', join them and there my friends is when this system is massively flawed.

Must say I fear for next season though, because I can't keep going down this route/rely on it, going to aways is almost an exclusive club anyway but its going to become an even more exclusive club at this rate.

Feel bad for everyone who didn't get tickets for this, I don't know how but there needs to be a better system, so many loopholes and questions to ask, all of which I've highlighted previously.

I don't understand why we changed for x amount of games per priority to a points per games system, don't get me wrong ultimately it's a similar system but it's just seemed to work better and give people a better/more even/fair chance.

At the end of the day up until the last few aways I've NEVER, ever, had any trouble getting tickets, you have to ask the question why all of a sudden is this happening, ok we're doing well that's a main factor but how come all of a sudden we've got so many P1/P2's? When we've never had this trouble before, where have they came from for this only to be an issue now?

Luckily I've been sorted for the Arsenal game which I intilly had major trouble for and I got sorted for this too, had to go down different routes but hey if you can't beat em', join them and there my friends is when this system is massively flawed.

Must say I fear for next season though, because I can't keep going down this route/rely on it, going to aways is almost an exclusive club anyway but its going to become an even more exclusive club at this rate.

as much as i accept your point on this i think the priority thresholds are to low. I dont think its people going "hey you are a p1 st holder, can i have your arsenal tickets?" and such cuz it just makes no sense how they would have got their ST up there and someone else's. there is the arguement of "they are not going the aways and then going to the big ones" but thats always been a case hasnt it? as a member i know i stand no chance of going any game higher than maybe....everton? Big games always sell out fast. you put it in the realm of ST holder A has his ST in the cheapest place in the ground, the atmosphere around him is shite but hes paying budget for the ST because he loves the club but cannot afford to go where he prefers. this guy then picks his away games for the season. he knows he is on a limited budget. would he want to go to norwich away for £45 a ticket to see a recently promoted mediocre side take on leicester or pay £26 to go to arsenal? i dont think it comes down to the "plastics" as they have no way of bending the arm of a ST holder to get their arsenal away, man u away tickets. hell im only a gold member and i have had 2 PMs so far asking for my chelsea away tickets....i know the chances of me getting them are about as much as me falling off my chair right now and landing face first on jennifer ellison's bare breasts!

if they did say, last 5 seasons season ticket 50 points and then 1 per every away game and went 300 day one (or make these the away day priority scheme and then went down in say, groups of 20 points a day i think it would work better. 

hope this makes sens..it did to me at least. 

I don't agree with what you say here. Looking at it now, the previous set up might seem more fair, but I think it's a mistake to conclude that it's the change in system that's caused people to miss out.

Our away attendances are of course substantially higher now.  I personally would not find it surprising to discover that c3000 of our fans have been to 15+ away games in the past three seasons. I think you've already given the reason for the increased number of fans missing out: success, but that you're diminishing how important a factor that has been and so you're trying to look for other explanations. Other than the Arsenal game the current situation of people missing out doesn't strike me as obviously wrong.

Maybe you'd like to challenge me on this but I believe totting up points over three seasons is a perfectly good way of doing things. It's just unfortunate that some have to miss out.

Maybe you'd like to challenge me on this but I believe totting up points over three seasons is a perfectly good way of doing things. It's just unfortunate that some have to miss out.

I aint challenging you on this myself but what i would say is it works and people who are lower down the priority system have felt like they are part of the elite. now the system works properly and they feel butthurt about it. 

With a decent allocation this would easily have given those on priority 3 a good chance of getting tickets. Almost all always apart from Bournemouth have had a bigger allocation than this haven't they? So I'm not surprised it barely reached P3. I don't think the system is flawed more than any other. You only need to have been to 8 aways in the last 3 seasons including this one to have got tickets for most games this year. 15 is also not a massive number and those that have been to that many games have been guaranteed tickets for all aways this season, again apart from Bournemouth, and rightly so.

As has been mentioned so much, there could be an argument against the giving out of references, particularly to people you don't know, but every system is flawed in some ways.

Do you think people who work in the ticket office, or elsewhere at the club, don't bag a few tickets for mates?

As has been mentioned on here, we all sometimes take the route of 'if you can't beat em, join em' when it suits us. I'm on 114 points and a couple of those have been earned by giving the reference to my brother. Both times have been for evening away games that I can't make. I really don't think that is out of order, and to a point understand and accept that this happens with others.

Archived