Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Watford (A) 5/3/16 17:30pm

All the squealing about away priority. Really?

If you go to enough games you will have no problem getting tickets to the away matches you want to go to.

It'll be even more of a laugh next year when we're in Europe.

If you go to enough games you will have no problem getting tickets to the away matches you want to go to.

It'll be easier gk get European tickets, one thing getting the coach to Sunderland, but flying to another country on a Wednesday night is a whole other kettle of fish

This^^^^ 15 away games in 3 seasons, if you can't do that you're hardly a regular away fan and so can't complain.

Europe will be epic, it won't be points fans will moan about, more the cost but I can afford it so I don't care. ;)

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I am over in the UK that weekend, and would really like to go to the game. No chance of getting a ticket in the away end, of course, but I was thinking about trying in the Home section, because apparently Vicarage Road rarely sells out, and especially when they have a televised game. Is anyone else thinking of doing that? PM me if you are.

If we play Barcelona, I can be there in a couple of hours, but unfortunately both of my local-ish French sides (Montpellier and Toulouse) look like they are heading for relegation. Getting tickets for Barça will not be a problem!

It'll be easier gk get European tickets, one thing getting the coach to Sunderland, but flying to another country on a Wednesday night is a whole other kettle of fish

Plus I will sleep outside the ticket office for a week just to get a ticket. Who is with me?

If it's the same 2000 - 3000 people going to every single home game then yeah fair enough they all deserve to get in ahead of me with the 9 away games I've been able to make it to/get tickets for in the last two seasons. Considering I'm travelling from Hertfordshire - every home game is basically already an away game for me.

I've no issue with the system as it is - the people who go to the most games should get priority. Since I moved away I was only finally able to get a season ticket again last year - having held one from aged 5 to university - the 50 points that got me gave me very little chance to get to any away games last year. The extra 50 for the second year of being a STH has given me more chance this year and I've been to far more to the point I'm now up to 3rd priority with 109 points. 

I've not moaned once if games sell out before they get to my priority and I was only shocked last week at Arsenal when they went before priority 3. I chalked that up to it being a big game. Fair enough.

But I don't for one second believe that there are over 2000 people in the same situation as yourself, who've been to 15+ away games (assume you've missed very few) over the last 2 years and held a season ticket as well that also want/are able to go see Watford in March. 

Unfortunately I have bought tickets from people here for aways, particularly in the last few months, so I can never build my priority to reconcile with attendance. Last season was difficult for me so didn't get to many, this year I have been to 6 but only 3 on my own ref so got 3 points. Left me with 107 points, so I couldn't even attempt this morning, or for the Arsenal reissue. Like Smuts I travel from Hertfordshire to home games picking up my dad & sister from Bedford on the way so all games are sort of aways (I'm sure theres hundreds who travel further). I'm on 107 but can't improve if I can't get tickets under my own ref!

Hyrprocitically I now have a spare for tomorrow I'll sell (one of us 3 can't make it) so I've nicked a priority point on one account!

But I don't for one second believe that there are over 2000 people in the same situation as yourself, who've been to 15+ away games (assume you've missed very few) over the last 2 years and held a season ticket as well that also want/are able to go see Watford in March.

It might be over the last 2 seasons plus current. I'm not entirely sure without checking.

As I've said there are 1500 fans with 125+. I know that for a fact as LCFC told me at an FCC meeting.

I don't find it hard to believe that another 500 have done 15 games. Easily done mate.

Archived