Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

9 hours ago, shen said:

I mean, how was he supposed to pull out at full pelt and hitting him a split second after the puck crossed the line? It felt like a genuine attempt at preventing a goal. I feel I've seen far worse challenges and I don't even watch hockey regularly anymore.

Of course there are far worse hits. You either agree or disagree with it. he went full steam and took a gamble that didnt pay off.. it's simple . You do what you gotta do to prevent  a goal knowing it could cost you penalty wise. 

Either way, go habs! I am so proud of them for getting this far.  I think vegas will be impossible to beat but at this point who cares leta go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

My habs took a spanking last night. Was painful to watch at timea like deers in  headlights.  Perhaps it was nerves plus the crowd. Going to be verh tough for us against the defending champs.  I felt like every tampa player seemed like the size of adam charra lol

We did get spanked 4-1 in first game against vegas so lets hope by some miracle we can repeat that feat.

Go habs go!

• 1 month later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/report-nhl-begin-selling-ads-jerseys-2022-23-season/sn-amp/

My feelings can only be summed up by the famous quote by Charlton Heston "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

but in all seriousness this was always going to happen, at least it isn't bigger than the team logo and hopefully the ads will not be on the jerseys that fans buy.

14 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/report-nhl-begin-selling-ads-jerseys-2022-23-season/sn-amp/

My feelings can only be summed up by the famous quote by Charlton Heston "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

but in all seriousness this was always going to happen, at least it isn't bigger than the team logo and hopefully the ads will not be on the jerseys that fans buy.

Yep, knew it was inevitable and if it was going to happen this would certainly be the time with the lost revenue from the pandemic.

I havent bought a jersey in years anyway. I still have an old Leafs one, but it looks best in the back of my closet.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

For anyone watching the NHL playoffs... 

My face is melting watching Connor McJesus light it up. 

Potentially the greatest player to lace em up since maybe just Gretzky and Lemieux. 

23 points, and it's only game game 3 of the 2nd round!!!!!  #torched 

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2022 at 14:04, Kilworthfox said:

For anyone watching the NHL playoffs... 

My face is melting watching Connor McJesus light it up. 

Potentially the greatest player to lace em up since maybe just Gretzky and Lemieux. 

23 points, and it's only game game 3 of the 2nd round!!!!!  #torched 

Still finished as the leading scorer in the playoffs, despite not being in the final.

On 27/06/2022 at 18:21, Jattdogg said:

Corey perry losing his 3rd cup in a row is something. 3 different teams.

Lost first two against tampa, then joins them  and loses with tampa lmfao!

Surely nobody wants to sign this guy now lol

Congrats to the avalanche!

Like or dislike Perry, he has been superb for the last 3 seasons. And to be runner up in a team is no failure, I think he's got 1 more season in him.