Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

On 20/04/2023 at 22:26, Jattdogg said:

Talk about two completely different games. Anything is possible in this series but you know my dislike for the leafs runs deep lol

Think the leafs could genuinely win this and break the curse 

One game away, although we've seen that before :P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I dunno, I kinda like the strategy of letting Florida win the first 3 games of the series.

:brendan:

I said to my leaf supporting best mate watch them win the next 4.

Leaf fans, always going to be the year lol.

At least you can unfurl a second round banner next season.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Something feels so disgusting knowing vegas won. It's even more weird that teams from florida or vegas even have a hockey team.  

Montreal, wake up and win again It's disgraceful that we havent won in 30+ years (forget the leafs lol). Both are died hard hockey nations in the nhl world and yet we churn out epic failures year after year to watch teams like vegas win. 

Sour grapes lol.

Even though I don't support either team, I would've preferred Florida to win, they have been around a long time in a market that isn't big on hockey and they have not gotten into financial situations like a certain team in the west, they worked hard to get into the playoffs and then went on to beat the Bruins ( greatest season team of all time ), Leafs (3rd best team in the league) and Canes (2nd best team in the league).

Also, I am not a big fan of the Golden Knights, not because they are based in Las Vegas, but the way they have treated some players in the past, the constant trading of players and what looks like exploiting the LTIR loophole to get decent players.

Hopefully the Avs will be able to use the LTIR money from Landy and get some guys (2nd line center/depth players) to go for another cup next year.  

Yeah - congrats to the Golden Knights, I guess.

Hard to watch as a Sharks fan - struggling as an expansion team, then competing year after year getting in the Playoffs 20 times out of 22 - never tanking for high picks, with a few trips to the Conference Finals - & 1 losing trip to the Stanley Cup FInals. But then an expansion team gets put into the division with a massive leg up from the expansion draft - immediately overtaking them & and have now got the the finals twice and won it once - having to face an 8th seed - achieving more in a handful of years than the Sharks have in their history.

So you can't really knock any team that gets ends up top of the pile after the brutal Playoffs & there are a few half truths in my analysis, but f**k them & what a miserable way to end a season in which the Sharks sucked so badly and did it in embarrassing teal pants. Its like watching Leicester get relegated & it being made worse by to bloody F****t staying up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Yeah - congrats to the Golden Knights, I guess.

Hard to watch as a Sharks fan - struggling as an expansion team, then competing year after year getting in the Playoffs 20 times out of 22 - never tanking for high picks, with a few trips to the Conference Finals - & 1 losing trip to the Stanley Cup FInals. But then an expansion team gets put into the division with a massive leg up from the expansion draft - immediately overtaking them & and have now got the the finals twice and won it once - having to face an 8th seed - achieving more in a handful of years than the Sharks have in their history.

So you can't really knock any team that gets ends up top of the pile after the brutal Playoffs & there are a few half truths in my analysis, but f**k them & what a miserable way to end a season in which the Sharks sucked so badly and did it in embarrassing teal pants. Its like watching Leicester get relegated & it being made worse by to bloody F****t staying up.

Vegas are Bettman's baby. Failure for the team was never an option.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Who's everyone support or follow in the NHL? It's New York Islanders for me.

Montreal!

Its where we first moved to when we left England.

Not looking forward to being crap again but gotta take the bad with the good right? Not a plastic!

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Montreal!

Its where we first moved to when we left England.

Not looking forward to being crap again but gotta take the bad with the good right? Not a plastic!

Exactly that you have to take the good with the bad, are you looking forward to the hockey season starting again? Interesting move what was the reason  behind moving to Montreal from England if you don't mind me asking?

5 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Exactly that you have to take the good with the bad, are you looking forward to the hockey season starting again? Interesting move what was the reason  behind moving to Montreal from England if you don't mind me asking?

Not so much as i dont expect us to do well. The move was due to parental employment :)