Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

• 3 weeks later...

attended my first ever ice hockey match last week whilst in Norway. Ringerike Panthers v Stavanger Oilers. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the kids. Was impressed by the vocal support of both teams, especially the small group of away fans - considering it is a 600km journey from Stavanger!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So we have passed the Trade deadline, teams have bolstered their rosters for a cup run... Who are we backing for a long run or even lifting the Stanley cup for 2023?

In points order as it sits today we have!

Eastern

Boston Bruins

Carolina Hurricanes

New Jersey Devils

Toronto Maple Leafs

Tampa Bay Lightning

New York Rangers

---------------------------

New York Islanders

Pittsburgh Penguins

--------------------------

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Buffalo Sabres

Western

Las Vegas Golden Knights

LA Kings

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Seattle Kraken

Edmonton Oilers

----------------------------

Colorado Avalanche

Winnipeg Jets

-------------------------

Calgary  Flames

Nashville Predators

I don't see the Preds, Flames and Panthers making playoffs, Maybe The sabres and Sens could make a run, but they have to get some wins on the board to remove 1 of the 2 Wildcard teams.

• Like 1

Of course I'd love to see the Leafs do something in the playoffs, like perhaps actually get past the first round lol

Boston have been by far the class of the East and will be tough to beat.

The West is an absolute toss up. There's 7 points between 1st and 8th.

I'll be pulling for the Oilers, but only because of McDavid.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Of course I'd love to see the Leafs do something in the playoffs, like perhaps actually get past the first round lol

Boston have been by far the class of the East and will be tough to beat.

The West is an absolute toss up. There's 7 points between 1st and 8th.

I'll be pulling for the Oilers, but only because of McDavid.

I love Mcdavid he is having a season for the record books, he is so silky to watch. Not really an Oilers fan but how can you not want him to win? 

Can the Leafs topple the Lightning? Tampa have taken a bit of a dip recently and Cooper has benched his first line for a period which I can asume went doen like a lead balloon! I saw Headman is day to day agmfter crasjing into the boards. I am sure he will be OK for playoffs. 

Matthews seems to be off his game compared to last season, I think he's carrying an injury. Marner is a hell of a 2 way player. 

In the west I think the Avalanche will come good when Makar and Landeskog return, they will be up there with the Oilers and maybe Kings for the conference. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

So, I have a bit on the side/cyber romance in Canada.  She is a Seattle Kraken fan.... so now, so am I!

Shame its not on TV though.

Get an iptv on amazon firestick. 

Cost me £50 for the year and you can watch all the games. 

On 09/03/2023 at 22:36, filthyfox said:

Haha.  It isn't, but she is a bit of a glory hound, and wants at least a chance of winning the Stanley!

No self respecting Canadian supports an american club when there are local Canadian ones about. Bin her off mate! Lol

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

The cybersex is amazing though

I can agree as i dated a girl from chicago for 5 years. Having said that, i saw her often as it wasn't an 8 hour drive plus she had family that lived 35 minutea away from me.  It wasn't just cyber for us! Get down to Canada and release your kraken on her mate lol

29 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I can agree as i dated a girl from chicago for 5 years. Having said that, i saw her often as it wasn't an 8 hour drive plus she had family that lived 35 minutea away from me.  It wasn't just cyber for us! Get down to Canada and release your kraken on her mate lol

The wife would probably divorce me!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...