Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Oh, Canada. :nono:

26 years and counting...

Yes its brutal. But then again alot of cdn players are on the american teams so it makes sense really as a hockey nation we are truly the best. Having said that its a travesty that we havent won a cup on this side since my habs did itnin 93. Vancouver was close but choked.

Id say right now Leafs have best chance of any Canadian team but well they just can't seem to beat boston.

How about that sharks game comeback though, insanity!

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Yes its brutal. But then again alot of cdn players are on the american teams so it makes sense really as a hockey nation we are truly the best. Having said that its a travesty that we havent won a cup on this side since my habs did itnin 93. Vancouver was close but choked.

Id say right now Leafs have best chance of any Canadian team but well they just can't seem to beat boston.

How about that sharks game comeback though, insanity!

29 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Almost makes me miss having the Habs win the Cup all the time. Almost ;)

I just hope they can bring back the Nordiques to Québec sooner than later. Miss those shirts:

joe-sakic-nordiques.jpg

But that won't be before 2025 or something, they'd need another team in the West to balance it out. Unless an existing Eastern Conference team is relocated upstream, but that's rather unlikely.

Also, looking forward to the new rivalry between Vancouver and Seattle in 2021.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Canes knockout the champs!

Softens the blow for me a little bit. At least Ovechkin now suffers the same fate as Crosby.

But what a strange start to the playoff season - is this the first time ever all four division champions have been eliminated in the first round?

Don't really care about the outcome now, maybe the Sharks can surprise some more people and win the damn trophy this year.

*cough* Timo Meier *cough*

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Softens the blow for me a little bit. At least Ovechkin now suffers the same fate as Crosby.

But what a strange start to the playoff season - is this the first time ever all four division champions have been eliminated in the first round?

Don't really care about the outcome now, maybe the Sharks can surprise some more people and win the damn trophy this year.

*cough* Timo Meier *cough*

At this point id love to see  columbus win it or the sharks perhaps.  Fk Boston lol

• 2 weeks later...

Boston vs. Carolina in the East.

West still open, both semi-finals tied at 3-3.

I'm all for a bit of diversity here, so why not have the Sharks win the darn trophy now? Western Conference teams usually fare badly in the playoffs, anyway.

Don't get the animosity towards Boston.

I've followed the Bruins since a trip to the US a few years ago when they were beaten by the Blackhawks in the play off final so I'm pleased to see them make a go of it this time around. Still got a Bergeron jersey that I virtually never wear as A) it's massive and B) it's not comfortable in any way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

St. Louis one win away from winning the title for the very first time. 3-2 in their favor now.

Man, that was tense at TD Garden yesterday. 39 shots at the Blues keeper, only one goal. St. Louis just that little bit more clinical.

But have to say not calling the tripping just before the guests' second goal was a bit debatable.

Still, chuffed for St. Louis. C'mon, the Blues!