Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

16 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

I didnt pay attention to the Canadian division so I could be wrong, but wasn't that division very offensive?

When you look at those 4 teams compared to the other divisions goaltending and defense aren't that great. As long as Mike Smith only lets in 3 goals or less a game they have a great chance.

The top 5 scoring teams this season were Colorado, Pittsburgh, Washington, Vegas and Florida. 

As for conceding goals, the Canadian division was about on par with the other divisions. Ottawa being the worst, although there was still 3 or 4 teams from the other divisions who gave up more goals.

I know there was some from the hockey world who thought McDavid's number were higher due to the division, but I'd say that wasn't the case.

It certainly would have been nice to have a had the full season to see where he would have ended up points wise. Matthews' too, as far as goals scored.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

The top 5 scoring teams this season were Colorado, Pittsburgh, Washington, Vegas and Florida. 

As for conceding goals, the Canadian division was about on par with the other divisions. Ottawa being the worst, although there was still 3 or 4 teams from the other divisions who gave up more goals.

I know there was some from the hockey world who thought McDavid's number were higher due to the division, but I'd say that wasn't the case.

It certainly would have been nice to have a had the full season to see where he would have ended up points wise. Matthews' too, as far as goals scored.

He did have quite high numbers, if you take away his goals he comes 2nd in points with 71 assists.

Avs take president trophy so they have home advantage, hopefully they will allow bigger crowds in the arena.

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Leafs were sh*t tonight.

Hope Tavares is okay.

Wooooo go habs goooooooo!

We have 0 business being in the playoffs or winning this series (being honest) but I will take a win any day even if we lose the series.

Unlucky on Tavares definitely a big void. 8m sure he will be fine for the next series. Never nice seeing players get injured especially in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Wooooo go habs goooooooo!

We have 0 business being in the playoffs or winning this series (being honest) but I will take a win any day even if we lose the series.

Unlucky on Tavares definitely a big void. 8m sure he will be fine for the next series. Never nice seeing players get injured especially in the playoffs.

Price played well and Habs took it to us physically. If you continue that, than it's going to be a tough series.

13 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Price played well and Habs took it to us physically. If you continue that, than it's going to be a tough series.

I believe in miracles (Leicester  fan after all lol). But lets see where it ends.

• Like 1

Wow, I thought the defense would let the Oilers down but how wrong I was. McDavid and Draisaitl are getting played out of this series, Jets must've watched a lot of game tape to stop those 2.

Also, no matter what team he plays for Kadri will get suspended for the playoffs, hopefully the 8 game suspension won't affect the avs too much. It doesn't look like he will be too missed in the Blues series but if the Avs have to go against Vegas, Jost will have to step up and take his place on the team.

9 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

Wow, I thought the defense would let the Oilers down but how wrong I was. McDavid and Draisaitl are getting played out of this series, Jets must've watched a lot of game tape to stop those 2.

Shocking start to that series for the Oilers and their big guns.

Hoping the Leafs can bounce back here tonight.

Even though the hit by graves on janmark was a bit late but he didnt do it on purpose to hurt, he got the penalty. Reaves however went put of his way to hurt graves and the knee on his face/head, hand in the face when he took him down and didnt even let him get up for a fight, I think he should get get a suspension.

With how the league are handing out suspensions and fines, hopefully Mark Schifele gets 5 games or more for the non hockey hit but I doubt he gets 2 games.

Also Avs grinded out a win there, so far this playoffs it has been easy for them so it is good to see them win in this ugly fashion

7 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

With how the league are handing out suspensions and fines, hopefully Mark Schifele gets 5 games or more for the non hockey hit but I doubt he gets 2 games.

Also Avs grinded out a win there, so far this playoffs it has been easy for them so it is good to see them win in this ugly fashion

Dude should be out for the series to me that was a dirty hit. Hard yes but i just dont think what he did was right. 

I recognize some may say its not dirty and fair play. I just personally dont think those hits are needed in the game. I know thats a debate the hardcore old school guys would say is how it is/was. Your don cherry types lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

On 03/06/2021 at 18:35, Jattdogg said:

Dude should be out for the series to me that was a dirty hit. Hard yes but i just dont think what he did was right. 

I recognize some may say its not dirty and fair play. I just personally dont think those hits are needed in the game. I know thats a debate the hardcore old school guys would say is how it is/was. Your don cherry types lol.

Keep ya head up kid 

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2021 at 19:35, Jattdogg said:

I mean, how was he supposed to pull out at full pelt and hitting him a split second after the puck crossed the line? It felt like a genuine attempt at preventing a goal. I feel I've seen far worse challenges and I don't even watch hockey regularly anymore.