Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

Crosby now tied for 41st place in the NHL all-time scoring list, on par with Beliveau and Larry Murphy. Ten points to go and he'll enter the Top 40. Amazing player he is.

If everything goes according to plan and at this rate, he'll slip past Iginla in 34th place by the end of the season. :fc:

• Like 1

For the Leafs this season it's all about the D. We can score as well as anyone, but can we keep the puck out of our goal.

Based on Saturday's game vs Montreal, I'm not too optimistic lol

And worst of all, now @Jattdoggis going to come in here waving his g'damn Habs flag all over the place!

Edited by spacemunky

47 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

For the Leafs this season it's all about the D. We can score as well as anyone, but can we keep the puck out of our goal.

Based on Saturday's game vs Montreal, I'm not too optimistic lol

And worst of all, now @Jattdoggis going to come in here waving his g'damn Habs flag all over the place!

You leafs fans love the big D.

Ole, ole, ole,ole, oleeee le but!!!!!!!!

Go habs go, go habs go!!!

Another season of optimism for you lot followed by playoff failure.

download.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 01:22, spacemunky said:

The NHL is back.

Straight into the playoffs.

Bit weird since its now August, but...game on!

Habs and Pens looks like the most interesting first round match up.

All the teams to get through have done so reasonably comfortably. I think who ever wins the Avs Stars series makes it from the West but I’m not so sure about the East. Boston and Tampa must be favourites but Philly and the Isles are playing well. 

I don’t usually root for former players but if Andy Greene could lift the cup that would be sweet :wub:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Despite the good run, not good defensively.

We're fun to watch, but still won't beat the Caps or Lightning in a playoff series.

Habs will win again before the leafs and we have no chance right now..

I remember our last cup and it seems like forever. Dont know how you lot suffer  so much lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 04:33, Kilworthfox said:

Simply an amazing player, his technical and skating skills are phenomenal.

As long as he is healthy Edmonton have a shot, but if they crash out in the 1st round I wonder if McDavid will want a trade or try to get management to make changes.

11 hours ago, spacemunky said:

For the first time in over 40 years, Montreal and Toronto will face each other in the playoffs.

Yeah, only took a pandemic and all canadian division to make it happen. Habs have a chance to make a run of it if Price is up to it.

8 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

As long as he is healthy Edmonton have a shot, but if they crash out in the 1st round I wonder if McDavid will want a trade or try to get management to make changes.

Yeah, only took a pandemic and all canadian division to make it happen. Habs have a chance to make a run of it if Price is up to it.

The Oilers have failed with their numerous number 1 & high draft picks to turn their franchise into a dominant one like in the 80's. In McDavid & Draisaitl they have amazing talent offensively and are elite players from the draft.... However you cant win a cup with 1 line. Is their depth adequate? What about the Goaltending situation, Is Smith really going to win a cup? I have doubts! 

5 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

The Oilers have failed with their numerous number 1 & high draft picks to turn their franchise into a dominant one like in the 80's. In McDavid & Draisaitl they have amazing talent offensively and are elite players from the draft.... However you cant win a cup with 1 line. Is their depth adequate? What about the Goaltending situation, Is Smith really going to win a cup? I have doubts! 

I think both the Oilers and Leafs have similar problems in that regard. Lot's of fire power, but big questions with the D and goaltending.

Of course, I'd love to see a Leafs/Oilers matchup, unfortunately it would be in the 2nd round of the playoffs, if it happens.

I didnt pay attention to the Canadian division so I could be wrong, but wasn't that division very offensive?

When you look at those 4 teams compared to the other divisions goaltending and defense aren't that great. As long as Mike Smith only lets in 3 goals or less a game they have a great chance.