Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Ice Hockey

43 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Stanley Cup playoffs are starting:

Eastern Conference First Round
TBL vs. CBJ
BOS vs. TOR
WSH vs. CAR
NYI vs. PIT

Western Conference First Round

CGY vs. COL
SJS vs. VGK
NSH vs. DAL
WPG vs. STL

My Stanley Cup dream final: Pittsburgh vs. Winnipeg, with the Pens winning it. :D

Your dream final could be over after the first round. Islanders will give the Pens a tough series, although I think Pens will prevail.

Jets are not looking great heading into the playoffs, whereas no ones been playing as well as the Blues. 

Hard to imagine it won't be Washington playing Tampa in the East finals.

I think the West is more wide open and just about any of the teams could come out of it.

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

With you on leafs don't mind bruins as much but penguins can **** off 

I do hope Calgary or Winnipeg wins. Would be nice for a canadian team to win. Its been so long since my habs won and the last canadian team to do so back in the 90s which is shocking. As hockey nation that is unacceptable.

Devils get the 1st pick again ? it’s a shame the rangers got in at 2 but I suppose it adds to the rivalry and Chicago jumping from 12 to 3 is mad. 

Is anyone doing the bracket challenge on the app? 

I’ve got, I keep changing my mind on Toronto, Vegas and St Louis though. 

Eastern

TBL - CBJ

BOS - TOR

WSH - CAR

NYI - PIT

Western

CGY - COL

SJS - VGK

NSH - DAL

WPG - STL

1 hour ago, Uncle Phil said:

Devils get the 1st pick again ? 

Is anyone doing the bracket challenge on the app? 

Jack Hughes will be a nice addition there.

I'm all fantasy hockey'd out from my regular season one. Picked up the win this year, which was nice since it had been a few years since I'd won one.

Pfft. Pens already with the back against the wall, 3-0 down in the series, little to no scoring threat in the series as of yet.

Crosby, Malkin have a lot to answer for. Guentzel, too.

Current record of teams coming back from a 3-0 deficit stands at 4-186. lol

Tampa Bay caught out cold by Columbus. Such a mismatch in terms of regular season standings, but the concept of playoffs seem to have escaped the Lightning so far.

I am not mad at the Lightning and the Penguins--I'm just very much disappointed in them.

Also, as for the stat MCP posted--of course, one of those 4 comebacks was done by the Islanders vs Pittsburgh in 1975,

Edited by Jordan

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Lightning and Penguins both get swept.

Good thing I didn't bet any money on these playoffs lol

Couldn't care that much about the Lightning, but getting swept by Columbus... lol

Pittsburgh, however, disappointed me massively. Where were Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Kessel? Nowhere to be seen. Six goals in four matches!

Kudos to the Islanders, simply the better team.

Just wished the Pens had shown up for at least a few matches in the series. Complete and utter implosion this year in the playoffs. Just... :frusty:

Now hoping for a Toronto vs. Winnipeg/Calgary all-Canadian final.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Lightning and Penguins both get swept.

Good thing I didn't bet any money on these playoffs lol

Lol so true.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Couldn't care that much about the Lightning, but getting swept by Columbus... lol

Pittsburgh, however, disappointed me massively. Where were Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Kessel? Nowhere to be seen. Six goals in four matches!

Kudos to the Islanders, simply the better team.

Just wished the Pens had shown up for at least a few matches in the series. Complete and utter implosion this year in the playoffs. Just... :frusty:

Now hoping for a Toronto vs. Winnipeg/Calgary all-Canadian final.

I cant stand pittsburgh, ive always disliked tampa bay so seeing them lose like this after being presidents trophy winners is fantastic.  The funny thing is i had a feeling they wouldnt win the cup injust figured it would happen deeper in the playoffs.

An all Canadian fonal would be fantastic but better if Calgary or winnipeg won it.  I want the leafs to feel the pain of being losers to an inferior canadian city lol

Signed,

Still sore habs fan on the 2nd hole @ glen abbey

• Haha 1