Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
catfordfox

What happens when teams start to drop deep against us?

In case of parked bus - After 60 mins, if we haven't got through, put Ulloa on and encourage Abrighton and Fuchs to whip them in. Sacrifice Shinji or Riyad.or both.

If we are at home we will be very difficult to resist, and if all else fails, get Amartey to run at them in the last minute of normal time!  :thumbup:

Villa was possibly the worst performance, but without blaming him personally, had Mahrez put us 2 up then I'm sure Villa's heads may have dropped rather than get second wind. Being a derby also adds a bit of pressure ( or incentive ).

Bournemouth is a different matter.

1. They are relatively hard to break down anyway - only Man City have really spanked them.

2. Leicester tend to be dominant later in games. They could not envisage the way the game would end up. Missing a penalty and facing the first genuine parked bus of the season.

3. It came at the end of a week when we had already played Liverpool and Manchester City.

4. This was at a time when Vardy was waiting for his operation and not training.

Weren't we also denied a good penalty shout in the last minute, too? (Admittedly not so relevant if Mahrez would have taken it!)

Sorry, load of tosh!!!

Again another over thought , over analysing.

Its too good, so lets put a negative tilt on it, lets find out what one can troll.

One game at a time, Ranieri and coaching staff get paid to, sort weaknesses out.

So far they have upped their game every time.If there are negatives the positives

have out weighed every little minging complaint at trying to find fault or weakness.

In football in our situation, I aint interested analysing and worrying about what could of

been what might be.I am selfish I am determined to enjoy it without being a typical

east-midlander...the yeah-buts, we could, we shoulds, why didnts. NOT for me.

Can I ask why you clicked on this thread just to tell us that? Based on the style of your rant, it is obvious to us all that analysis of any kind is not your forte. Why not leave it to people who enjoy it?

Football 365 have been hugely dismissive of us this season, so wouldnt normally give them the attention of a link, but I did think this was a interesting point - atm we are probably the best team on the planet at dropping back and countering at pace. This works particularly well against the 'big teams' who are expected to come out and attack us. But what happens now (after the arsenal game) when teams will probably start to pull numbers back and defend deep against us? Can we break them down? Granted we we missed a pen and didnt play great against bournemouth (esp our more creative players), but that last 30 mins or so when we coudnt get through their ten men is the one thing that's slightly concerning me about the rest of the season. Presumably (hopefully) Claudio's got something up his sleeve for this sort of situation...

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-21

Leicester City

“We are the only team who do not need to win the league,” seems a pretty simple explanation from Claudio Ranieri when asked by the BBC about Leicester’s remarkable run but it certainly struck a chord. Technically he is mistaken as Tottenham are in a similar expectation vacuum, but the underlying sentiment is certainly true: The Foxes can (for now) play without pressure or stress from fans, media or owners. For just how this manifested itself in a magnificent performance against Manchester City, read Matt Stead’s excellent 16 Conclusions on the game.

But while that sentiment is likely to carry them through next weekend’s clash with Arsenal – for which the early odds put them at bigger than 3/1 despite being the Premier League pacesetters – the real test of their credentials will come when they face teams who prepare themselves to play title favourites. Nobody has parked the bus against Leicester; nobody has put nine men behind the ball and said ‘let’s what you’ve got’ like they would when facing the Manchester clubs or Arsenal; they have benefited from the rest of the league still – even at this stage – thinking ‘it’s only Leicester’. The only games Leicester have been truly expected to win in recent weeks – against Bournemouth and Aston Villa – have seen them drop points.

Over the next eight games, Leicester will face Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. They will be favourites for all of those matches against the other teams around them at the ‘bottom’ of the tables for pass completion and possession. Those teams will not be taking the game to ‘only Leicester’. Tony Pulis will play six centre-halves, all will opt to ‘go long’ rather than fall into Leicester’s signposted and yet irresistible trap of sitting deep and hitting fast.

There have been plenty saying that Leicester would be ‘found out’ in a run of games against Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal, but the real ‘finding out’ may come against similar-sized clubs with identical but less effective tactics. What happens when you play this Leicester side at their own game? What happens when you leave them no space behind your defence? We may be about to find out.

[emoji106]

If a team sets up deep and passes around the back we will press them high, win the ball further up the pitch and launch more attacks.

This is my favourite explaination, one I hope turns out to be true.

But, even if we did miss some sitters against Bournemouth, it seems unlikely it'll be the only time this happens.

Obviously, thanks to Ranieri we're leaps and bounds better at set-pieces. And that's where we could get around this.

If you've got Mahrez, and maybe Gray too as davieG said, trying to weave around bus parkers, you'll force fouls. And there we have an opportunity.

Obviously we'll need to get even better at set pieces to make this a better option. That said, I'd like another option.

Archived