Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

How many new fans have we attracted this season? And how much is it worth?

Just so we're clear, what do you define as racism because that looks a lot more like it to me than what you 'suffered'.  Not to mention embarrassingly inaccurate, imagine not knowing the English drive on the left.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?  You started this whole thing off by coming onto the forum of the team currently 1st in the Premier League to tell them that they're shit without the one player from your country (again, what's your definition of racism because that sounds like a very Aryan approach to me) and then you started crying in public the second anyone disagreed with you, choosing to throw accusations of gang membership (whatever that means) and racism instead of engaging in anything approaching a legitimate debate.  What's the end game here?  Are you waiting until this whole forum hates you so you can claim we're all racist against you or something else equally ridiculous?  Jog on if you want to carry on being so pathetic.  Please stay if you want to accept you've been very silly and actually our team are great even when Mahrez isn't playing.

:appl:

Just my opinion this, but 'fans' is completely different to 'admirers'.

I've been a City 'fan' since I was 7 yrs old and I've seen so many ups and downs with the club.

I'm now 47. Most of my years of following City have been as a season ticket holder. In my years as a teenager I went to as many away games as home games and loved it. Nowadays I don't get away as much. Family, money, other priorities to be honest.

Let's have it right. If we were currently sitting bottom of the division, would we be being talked about over the globe? No we wouldn't. Would as many people be stating they are City 'fans'? No they wouldn't.

I'm never against ANY club building up their fan base but being 'a fan' is about so much more than this. Will those people now claiming to be fans of the club continue to be fans of the club if we have a terrible third term in the Prem and get relegated next season? I doubt it.

For me being a fan of a club is about having it in your blood. It's about going away to Preston and losing on a wet Tuesday night. It's about the stories you can tell. Steve Howard's header, Nalis volley, big Ormondroyd...etc etc..

I think we now have far more 'admirers' than we had only a year ago. But have we more 'fans' of LCFC? Not in my definition of the term.

Finally, being a fan of a certain player doesn't make you a fan of the club he plays for. I'm a fan of Aguero. I think he's a brilliant striker. But I still wanted us to hammer Man City. Which we did. lol

I think anyone can call themselves a fan(fanatic)

I call myself a supporter,

I would often say that to Liverpool,utd,man city fans etc,they don't support there club,there merely fans

Just my opinion this, but 'fans' is completely different to 'admirers'.

I've been a City 'fan' since I was 7 yrs old and I've seen so many ups and downs with the club.

I'm now 47. Most of my years of following City have been as a season ticket holder. In my years as a teenager I went to as many away games as home games and loved it. Nowadays I don't get away as much. Family, money, other priorities to be honest.

Let's have it right. If we were currently sitting bottom of the division, would we be being talked about over the globe? No we wouldn't. Would as many people be stating they are City 'fans'? No they wouldn't.

I'm never against ANY club building up their fan base but being 'a fan' is about so much more than this. Will those people now claiming to be fans of the club continue to be fans of the club if we have a terrible third term in the Prem and get relegated next season? I doubt it.

For me being a fan of a club is about having it in your blood. It's about going away to Preston and losing on a wet Tuesday night. It's about the stories you can tell. Steve Howard's header, Nalis volley, big Ormondroyd...etc etc..

I think we now have far more 'admirers' than we had only a year ago. But have we more 'fans' of LCFC? Not in my definition of the term.

Finally, being a fan of a certain player doesn't make you a fan of the club he plays for. I'm a fan of Aguero. I think he's a brilliant striker. But I still wanted us to hammer Man City. Which we did. lol

I agree with the sentiments of this, but it misses the global point in my humble opinion. I think this season is SO remarkable and fairytale-like that we could well win thousands of new long lasting genuine fans on a non-local and global level. When I met the New York Foxes in the Big Apple their link was Kasey Keller for gawd sake! He's long gone, but they still follow us to this day, just the same as people who live near the ground. 

A mate of mine travels to Africa quite a lot. Some of the people he met follow Premier League clubs with the same fervour of our die hard locals. 

lol

Jesus. Get a room.

He's not even our best player. He's not even our 2nd best player.

"he is above any player in the pl without him vardy kante are just very ordinary players look where they come from kante was in caen

and verdy was in the 5 th division"

What? That's utter bollocks. If they're ordinary because they used to play at a lower level, then so is Mahrez. Look where he came from. That's totally irrational.

Tbf that's your opinion. Id rate him as our second best player if not first. (Kante and Mahrez)

I agree with the sentiments of this, but it misses the global point in my humble opinion. I think this season is SO remarkable and fairytale-like that we could well win thousands of new long lasting genuine fans on a non-local and global level. When I met the New York Foxes in the Big Apple their link was Kasey Keller for gawd sake! He's long gone, but they still follow us to this day, just the same as people who live near the ground. 

A mate of mine travels to Africa quite a lot. Some of the people he met follow Premier League clubs with the same fervour of our die hard locals. 

Exactly this. It's really all about how you feel about the club at your core. The Mahrez supporters will probably eventually go, but who's to say that other fans won't stick?

I mean, how else can anyone like a team who isn't born there or have family ties?

from your posts i can see how much racism there is

my opinon about football concerns only me , i post what i feel to post ,you may agree or disagree, you can discuss about it

of course football is played by 11 players and every one has a part of the in credible story of leiceter,

if mahrez was argentinian or brazilian then th hole world would talk about him, i heard you said he is not even the second best player you have ,you must be kidding me or we watch diffrent games ,the stats talk for him, not selfish at all ,and is for me

i repeat for me the best player of  the league , i hope he leaves very soon from your team

you do not deserve such a talent ,you are racist and poorly educated ,

Mahrez if you read my post leave this team as soon as you can

you are wasting your glorious magic moment

give them the title as a thanks back to what leiceter did to you

then who would ever hear from you guys

you morrrons!!!!

Wow. Itchy racism card trigger finger!

How dare you? Did you know that Leicester was the first majority non-white city in the UK? Many of us take pride in the harmonious, diverse society and multiculturalism of our city, so for you to go throwing around accusations of bigotry based on nothing is pretty disgusting, quite frankly.

It was me who said I think Mahrez is our 3rd best player. He's up there with Vardy and Kante, but he's by far the least consistent of the three, and is the only one who has been dropped from the 1st team this season for this reason. I think Mahrez is probably the most skillful player we've ever had, but he doesn't produce as often or work as hard as the other two. He can create moments of magic from nowhere, but do next to nothing else all game.

This club has a habit of improving players in the last few years. We're a team that is more than the sum of its parts. Should Mahrez leave the club, you might find that he's not quite the player he is here. This team is settled, and is playing to its key players' strengths. If Mahrez finds himself amongst other players of his ability, in a team that's not built around him, he might not find it so easy to perform as well as he is now. He could well end up on the bench at a giant club.

What I'm saying is that I think what's best for him is probably to stay put for now.

However, if he does go, I'll be very grateful to see the back of people like you.

These 2 Mahrez lovers are absolute morons, jesus. LEICESTER put Mahrez where he is today, not the other way round. without Steve Walsh he could still be slumming it in Ligue 2. Yes he's a talent but at the end of the day our fans go to see Leicester city, not Riyad Mahrez.

Stop jizzing over vines and YouTube videos of Mahrez and go support a team near you, or even an Algerian team. Nothing wrong with taking an interest in Leicester because of Mahrez but willingly saying you're a fan but you'll lose interest if Mahrez leaves is so fickle. Comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo is bizarre too

These 2 Mahrez lovers are absolute morons, jesus. LEICESTER put Mahrez where he is today, not the other way round. without Steve Walsh he could still be slumming it in Ligue 2. Yes he's a talent but at the end of the day our fans go to see Leicester city, not Riyad Mahrez.

Stop jizzing over vines and YouTube videos of Mahrez and go support a team near you, or even an Algerian team. Nothing wrong with taking an interest in Leicester because of Mahrez but willingly saying you're a fan but you'll lose interest if Mahrez leaves is so fickle. Comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo is bizarre too

Don't mention jizzing! They get offended and think you are a racist gang member.

The statements about Leicester being a one-man team (from the Mahrez fans) is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Even from a neutral standpoint it has managed to piss me off.

This is a team triumph, one of the few true man-made (not money made) achievements on the football field, and will be remembered for decades by football fans everywhere. It can't be associated with any one person, be it Vardy, Mahrez or Ranieri. It's teamwork alchemy.

The statements about Leicester being a one-man team (from the Mahrez fans) is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Even from a neutral standpoint it has managed to piss me off.

This is a team triumph, one of the few true man-made (not money made) achievements on the football field, and will be remembered for decades by football fans everywhere. It can't be associated with any one person, be it Vardy, Mahrez or Ranieri. It's teamwork alchemy.

I agree. The Mahrez bummers' comments are ludicrous and offensive. He's a very good player, but this would still be a great team without him.

You're absolutely right - our success is down to the chemistry and spirit of the team as a whole far more than it is to do with individuals.

I agree. The Mahrez bummers' comments are ludicrous and offensive. He's a very good player, but this would still be a great team without him.

You're absolutely right - our success is down to the chemistry and spirit of the team as a whole far more than it is to do with individuals.

Let's be honest, that might be stretching it. Mahrez has won us many many points with his moments of magic.

Let's be honest, that might be stretching it. Mahrez has won us many many points with his moments of magic.

We wouldn't be playing with ten men. The truth is Mahrez is an (extremely good) embellishment and not part of the spine of the team that are key to the way we play like Kante, Drinkwater and Vardy.

Exactly this. It's really all about how you feel about the club at your core. The Mahrez supporters will probably eventually go, but who's to say that other fans won't stick?

I mean, how else can anyone like a team who isn't born there or have family ties?

I'm with you on this one. I chose Leicester in the fall of 2014 because something about the club's story, fan base, grit and blue-collar work ethic spoke to me on a personal level and I couldn't see myself supporting anyone else. I can't ever expect to live in the Midlands or Leicestershire, but I can follow the club from afar and embrace the ethos and pathos of the Foxes.

I don't think I've cared about a team that I haven't actually played for more than the Foxes in my life, and come Champions League or relegation I don't see that changing. I may not be able to claim memories of Filbert Street, or have suffered at Vicarage Road - but I'm not certain that it makes my excitement over a victory or disappointment over a defeat any less real. 

FoxesTalk and the characters who inhabit it have helped me feel a part of something far bigger than myself, and I truly enjoy the banter here on match days and throughout the week. I've been able to connect with a global fanbase, and I'm happy that this site exists.

If he stays he will fade away.

We want to see him in a bigger club where he could improve to his full potential by playing alongside better player...unless Leicester rise up to next year challenges (europe and top four...and everthing else)...we want and pray for him to have an exeptionnelle career.

I didn't come here to be insulted.

I think if he goes to Barcalona and you go spouting this sh*t on their forum you'll get told to f**k off or whatever it is in Spanish.

We wouldn't be playing with ten men. The truth is Mahrez is an (extremely good) embellishment and not part of the spine of the team that are key to the way we play like Kante, Drinkwater and Vardy.

Will agree to disagree there. I don't disagree that Kante, Drinkwater, and Vardy are players that capture the ethos of how this club play, but Mahrez is equally indispensable. Think about every assist he has made to win us points this year -- that pass to seal the two points at home against Villa, his numerous through passes to Vardy to win points from losing positions, that world-class play to get us on the board against Chelsea.

This team would not be top-six without Mahrez, handily. He is the difference.

Will agree to disagree there. I don't disagree that Kante, Drinkwater, and Vardy are players that capture the ethos of how this club play, but Mahrez is equally indispensable. Think about every assist he has made to win us points this year -- that pass to seal the two points at home against Villa, his numerous through passes to Vardy to win points from losing positions, that world-class play to get us on the board against Chelsea.

This team would not be top-six without Mahrez, handily. He is the difference.

We wouldn't be top 6 without Vardy or Kante either. Everyone contributes, we're not a 1 man team.

We wouldn't be top 6 without Vardy or Kante either. Everyone contributes, we're not a 1 man team.

I'm not debating that at all! I'm just having trouble reconciling that people would think we are a great team without Mahrez. Let's be honest, we are probably a good team, but not a great one. Same goes if we had Mahrez but not Vardy, Vardy and Mahrez but not Kante, etc.

If we really wanted to dig into this, we're not much of a team without Kante, in all seriousness. He is arguably the most indispensable of our players, easily.

Archived