Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

A super star is BORN !

31 laps on those tyres

Wow

Absolutely. Like most people, I thought Max was an extraordinary talent but today he has categorically proven that he is one of the special drivers. Only issue now is that we're probably going to see a very boring 15 years of domination by one driver.  lol

think both take blame for the incident really, both were very aggressive in terms of defence and attack. Not sure what Hamilton was thinking, he really shouldn't be risking stuff like that with the deficit he's having to reclaim. Verstappen can **** off, but overall very,very good race.

Both take a share of the blame for me. Lewis was quick through turn 3, but never had the space to make a move there. Rosberg definitely moved over but wasn't expecting Lewis to attempt the move.

Both take a share of the blame for me. Lewis was quick through turn 3, but never had the space to make a move there. Rosberg definitely moved over but wasn't expecting Lewis to attempt the move.

Rosberg is definitely moving to block him, because he's moving to the wrong side of the track for the next corner, so I'm not sure you can say he wasn't expecting it, otherwise why did he move that way. He moved off the natural racing line, and when he's moved all the way over to the right where did he expect Hamilton to go?

They were both reckless. Hamilton desperately trying to take the lead and Rosberg desperately trying to keep it, and I don't think either thought it through, they just reacted to the situation.

I find any criticism of Hamilton here quite harsh given these undeniable factors

*His car is going faster and he knows it, due to Roseberg having a problem with his engine setting and a tale tale red light flashing at the back of his Merc.

*Closing fast, he needs to make a quick instinct decision on where to go - and at the point where he has to make the decision the path to the left of Roseberg is blocked.

*Roseberg's continued move to the right and angle of his car is a subsequent action, Hamilton can't fully anticipate the extent of what Roseberg would do (especially as the next corner is right handed with racing line starting wide left).

*The actions of Roseberg ensured no escape path on the track given Hamilton had reached alongside Roseberg's rear wheels

*Hamilton's move off the track was a natural reaction to avoid an initial collision and was sucessful in that respect - he is however turned into a passenger unsurprisingly and that is what collects Roseberg.

*Roseberg was switching engine mode just moments beforehand - which would have to effect his perception and judgement in those moments.

In some respects, I think Roseberg was fortunate to be collected by Hamilton - had it been just Hamilton departing, or him collecting someone else, sterner questions would have been asked of Roseberg. The fact that Rosberg also ended up retiring possibly clouds minds (as does Hamilton's general wankerish behaviour at other times).

Absolutely. Like most people, I thought Max was an extraordinary talent but today he has categorically proven that he is one of the special drivers. Only issue now is that we're probably going to see a very boring 15 years of domination by one driver. lol

Today was first time in years I felt driving won and not the engine !

And that was refreshing

Rosberg has a history of believing that off the track is an acceptable place to force a driver when they're coming up at high speed behind him. Bahrain about 5 or 6 years ago down to turn 4 springs to mind, on more than one occasion too.

Ricciardo looked on it from Thursday morning onwards, him claiming pole was strangely predictable. The Ferrari's looked a little lost out there today. 

Archived