Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

Yea I suppose but that works other way as well , but including the last 4 or 5 GP last season the German has really been on top

Seems to have found his grove and the changes to his backroom may be paying dividends

I had a monkey on him at beginning of season so I'm hoping I'm right lol

I know people were laughing at Hamilton for claiming that the wins at the end of last season didn't count in Rosbergs sequence of wins, but in a way he's right that you can't really use them as guide to form as Hamilton had clearly tailed off once he'd confirmed the title. Rosberg has had a great start though, and is actually beating Hamilton wheel to wheel which hasn't really happened for a while. It's Hamilton making the shit starts and the mistakes which Rosberg was doing in previous years, so he's clearly in a better place mentally and handling the pressure better.

I know people were laughing at Hamilton for claiming that the wins at the end of last season didn't count in Rosbergs sequence of wins, but in a way he's right that you can't really use them as guide to form as Hamilton had clearly tailed off once he'd confirmed the title. Rosberg has had a great start though, and is actually beating Hamilton wheel to wheel which hasn't really happened for a while. It's Hamilton making the shit starts and the mistakes which Rosberg was doing in previous years, so he's clearly in a better place mentally and handling the pressure better.

Rosberg has had a great start but they haven't actually raced wheel to wheel due to Hamilton not getting a good start in both races... his fault however and Rosberg took advantage, it is Hamilton being way below is normal standard that has allowed Rosberg this early advantage

Rosberg has had a great start but they haven't actually raced wheel to wheel due to Hamilton not getting a good start in both races... his fault however and Rosberg took advantage, it is Hamilton being way below is normal standard that has allowed Rosberg this early advantage

That's what I meant. Previously Rosberghad only really beat Hamilton when the latter had had technical issue or a crash, but now he's seeing him off when the playing field is level. Hamiltonian obviously not driving at his top level, but you could argue Rosberg has raised his, he made so many stupid errors when put under the tiniest pressure last season.

That's what I meant. Previously Rosberghad only really beat Hamilton when the latter had had technical issue or a crash, but now he's seeing him off when the playing field is level. Hamiltonian obviously not driving at his top level, but you could argue Rosberg has raised his, he made so many stupid errors when put under the tiniest pressure last season.

Absolutely, Rosberg is a class driver and Hamilton does need to be at his best to beat him... the rivalry is great that is for sure, Vettel or Alonso would throw their toys out the pram in the same situation. Hamilton has kept his cool, and I feel he will come back and win a lot of races on the bounce

I'm not sure we do know what the head to head racing situation is between the two Mercs... Basically because Hamilton's failed to get off the line both races so far and so he's never been close enough for us to compare.

The one inference you might be able to take - Hamilton's qualifying lap last time shows that when push comes to shove, he's still got the advantage on Roseberg?

Your obsession is creepy

I've had this argument with him before.

I can understand people have favourites in any sport, and they get joy from them winning. I understand those same people get joy from seeing the closet rival to their favourites lose. But what I don't get is those people who derive as much enjoyment from those other situation when one particular person loses. If you're favourite isn't directly competing with them then why get so much joy from someone failing? It's the same with Andy Murray, it's like people aren't happy Djokivic has won, they're happy he's beat Murray.

Christ, I'm not even that arsed. You don't half like to dramatise things. If I was so obsessed, rather than being happy Nico has finally got some momentum I'd be laughing at Hamilton finishing 7th.

I think the level of your obsession is proven by the fact Walkers assumed your nicer chap comment was a sarcastic one about Hamilton.

But maybe if you were talking about Nico you might want to be bit less vague considering the previous comments referred to Hamilton. We can't read your mind you know.

Or it was because Hamilton was the topic at the time lol. I never denied that comment was about Hamilton you idiot, I was merely pointing out my comment afterwards responding to the race was purely about Nico rather than Hamilton's 7th placed finish. If I was so obsessed with my schadenfreude towards Hamilton, that would've been all I would've gone on about in my comment about the race. Idk why you're so obsessed with the fact that I dislike your boy, it's all subjective.

Thought Kvyatt put a decent move up the inside.

I thought it was Raikonnen's fault.

If I remember correctly, both Vettel and Kvyatt were holding a line that gave both of them enough room to get round the corner until Raikonnen cut to the right and formed the wedge that trapped Vettel thereby causing the collision.

It seemed like a racing incident to me. Rosberg cut in front of Raikkonen who had to slam on the brakes and drift wide. That opened up a gap that both Vettel and Kvyat tried to fit into. Raikkonen couldn't see Kvyat so didn't realise that Vettel couldn't go any further right because Kvyat had filled that space. Just before the contact, Vettel lost the rear momentarily and after he corrected it he didn't have enough time to avoid Raikkonen. 

According to reports on facebook Schumacher has died.

Not seeing anything anywhere, not even Twitter which is normally the first place to declare people dead, often when they're not and at times for a second or third time. Where's reporting it?

Missis told me and the link was from cnn.

Apologies.

No worries. The internet kills people off all the time, I just couldn't find anything at all. Doesn't seem to be the case anyway thankfully.

Archived