Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

It was a Schumacher v Hill/Villeneuve moment. An "If I'm not winning then neither of us is finishing" type move.

When Rosberg's under pressure he drives like I do on the Playstation when damage is turned off and I'm behind. Bounce off everything!

If the clip I've seen is the incident, Roseberg has surely got to be looking at further punishment?

You would have thought so, but Mercedes clearly wanted a Rosberg win for some reason, even telling Hamilton that wasn't the result they wanted! it was rosbergs fault lol

You would have thought so, but Mercedes clearly wanted a Rosberg win for some reason, even telling Hamilton that wasn't the result they wanted! it was rosbergs fault lol

They said it wasn't the race they wanted, not result.

It's a joke Lauda is trying to brush over it and absolve Rosberg of blame.

Now Wolff won't lay blame on Rosberg. They're so obviously bias it's a joke.

Johnny Herbert has just left Toto Wolff totally speechless, showing him the video of Rosberg not turning in, because he can't bring himself to blame Rosberg.

I'm speechless that Mercedes haven't just said Nico was at fault... Rosberg is just heavily protected by them and Lewis less so

I'm speechless that Mercedes haven't just said Nico was at fault... Rosberg is just heavily protected by them and Lewis less so

He'll get the riot act internally I reckon - but you don't out your guy in public (unless you have a driver you want to promote into a seat like in Red Bull's case).

Mercedes team strategies don't make sense anymore. For years its been of the belief that the lead driver will pit first, usually whether they like it or not. If the two aren't racing each other (like most races this season) they can change it up and the 2nd driver can pit before the lead driver. Today Rosberg was about 5 seconds behind Hamilton when he pitted first. I understand that he was also racing the Ferrari's but to leave Hamilton out for so long makes no sense. He had a good 6 or 7 laps where he could have pitted, and even if it meant putting Hamilton on to a two stop then he would still have had track position on Rosberg.

I'm guessing the aim was to give Hamilton a chance to undercut Rosberg by pitting a lap before, then they go and give him a pit stop over a second slower than Rosberg. And then to put Rosberg on a softer tyre!? There is no fairness in that which is what Mercedes always try and claim they are all about

Mercedes team strategies don't make sense anymore. For years its been of the belief that the lead driver will pit first, usually whether they like it or not. If the two aren't racing each other (like most races this season) they can change it up and the 2nd driver can pit before the lead driver. Today Rosberg was about 5 seconds behind Hamilton when he pitted first. I understand that he was also racing the Ferrari's but to leave Hamilton out for so long makes no sense. He had a good 6 or 7 laps where he could have pitted, and even if it meant putting Hamilton on to a two stop then he would still have had track position on Rosberg.

I'm guessing the aim was to give Hamilton a chance to undercut Rosberg by pitting a lap before, then they go and give him a pit stop over a second slower than Rosberg. And then to put Rosberg on a softer tyre!? There is no fairness in that which is what Mercedes always try and claim they are all about

German team , German world champion needed !!!

German team , German world champion needed !!!

I do feel some of this is beginning to be involved; I am sure the big boys at Mercedes have been suggesting it would be better from a commercial point of view that Roseborg be the champion. On saying that Hamilton spits his dummy out far too often

I do feel some of this is beginning to be involved; I am sure the big boys at Mercedes have been suggesting it would be better from a commercial point of view that Roseborg be the champion. On saying that Hamilton spits his dummy out far too often

Don't know where you get the idea that Hamilton spits his dummy out, he has many times denied any conspiracy within the team against him and been grateful to what they have done for him. He has just got on with the racing and been getting the results even when things aren't going his way. Rosberg is far worse in that regard, refusing to even accept his own failings

lol from a commercial point of view Hamilton winning is better. 

Archived