Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

You're lucky!

After having a season ticket for many years I moved away in 2010, I was gutted not to have been there every week for the season when we were promoted. I did always manage to get tickets for the games when I came back, until this season. I too remember not being able to give tickets away for many seasons if any of us couldn't make it. Receiving the "are you mental" looks when you offered people a ticket v Yeovil or Rotherham.

Am obviously delighted, although stunned at this season but equally sad that it's not something that I've been able to witness in person. I am fortunate that I do have a ticket for Everton and desperately hope we've sealed the title so I can be there to witness our most historic moment ever.

And here's me sitting here smug knowing I got my season ticket 3 years ago. Since then we've been rocketing upwards. 

1st year - promotion to premier league

2nd year - great escape

3rd year - possibly/probably the premier league title

Let me tell you it feels like winning the lottery sometimes. I know how golden this season ticket has become. 

I can't get a ticket but for those times I did I have my memories .. nothing can take away that cold weds night a few thousand strong on the train to Nottingham for that zenith data cup game .millwall away in the fa cup with ticker tape nearly covering the pitch ...and yes I was on the stands in the era of the inflatables lol now that is irreplaceable lol

Know the feeling.

Being half way between Aberdeen and Inverness I've only been to two games this year. Last year it was 5.

League 1 year I was living in London, I think i was at almost all the away games and half the home. Swings and roundabouts life circumstances etc etc... I loved trips to Swindon and Cheltenham, meeting brothers and mates in places I'd never been to (or since) drinking in great pubs in small places, standing all game, terracing, last minute tickets for buttons, speaking to players and staff in the club afterwards. Worlds apart.

Wish I could get down more but gambling on flights on the odd chance of getting a ticket is not possible.

I remember going to lcfc vs bury game went to the bury ground and ask for a ticket at the away end they game me home end and said there be more of you guys then us so the lcfc fan will be at the home end lol and one time when i was in lesta with the wife she wanted to go watch again after a linkin park gig rang up and got tickets with 2 hours to go before kick off ahhh them days are over

Not being able to get tickets for many games but having an incredible season = WIN

Being back in the Championship and shit within the next 5-10 years but getting most home and away you want = WIN

Pros and cons to both but for me it's win win and I'll never forget this season no matter if it means not getting tickets to the last few games of the season.

Not being able to get tickets for many tickets but having an incredible season = WIN

Being back in the Championship and shit within the next 5-10 years but getting most home and away you want = WIN

Pros and cons to both but for me it's win win and I'll never forget this season no matter if it means not getting tickets to the last few games of the season.

100% this. I gave up my season ticket in 2010 and I don't get to as many games now as I used to. Been 4 homes this year only saw 1 win (vs Villa) but I don't mind not going down every week because tickets are like rocking horse shit, knowing we could win the league today is invaluable. I'll happily miss out because our ground isn't big enough for the demand. To say where we've came from to where we are now. Almost 10 years of lower league tosh, Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Matty Fryatt, Danny Cadamarteri, Esteban Cambiasso, Ngolo Kante. It's worlds apart. I'll take your Southend away league 1 title win, I'll take your trip to Plymouth on the last day of the season for a meaningless 0-0. I'll also take beating Man City 3-1 away and tearing them a new one, the prize on offer today is huge, history beckons, it's gonna be a long one. It's gonna be emotional.

THE LEICESTER

Guest bennytwohats

Love this thread actually. Makes it a bit easier to see plenty of us are in the same boat.

I was another one who got to go to plenty of the away games when I was up at uni; Huddersfield, Oldham, Preston etc. Had a season ticket on a couple of occasions when I was living in Leicester and could afford it. Fortunate enough to have been to 4 games this season. One I borrowed a mates season ticket, the other three I sat in the other teams home end for the Palace, Arsenal and Spurs games. Being surrounded by Arsenal fans when they scored that last minute winner was a sickener, but seeing a few of those moments is a memory that will stay with me. Huths late winner at Spurs particularly special given that the Spurs supporting mate I was sat with has been underestimating us all season.

Will be watching today from a pub in Bruges. Up the foxes!!

Archived