Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

King Power Stadium Improvements - Ideas/Suggestions Thread

The #fearless stand

The Bhumibol Adulyadej stand (thai king)

The King Power™ Duty Free Family Stand

The kop

There is good things about our stadium, no doubt, but there are also things which are subtle but with improvement could make a big difference. A lot of what members have suggested is not vastly expensive at all. I just feel there's so much potential for our ground, to make it feel more like our home, more unique and also more traditional to Leicester and the history of the club.

1. Get rid of the #fearless branding

2. Ditch the goal music 

3. Get rid of the clappers (they have served a purpose but don't think we need them any more)

4. Stop playing 'Hey Jude' before kick-off

Do all these things and we'd have a decent football ground on our hands. 

They won't do it though  :rolleyes:

Goal music and clappers I don't mind. #fearless is slightly annoying but 'Hey Jude' is bloody terrible, it's also dull, boring and has no connection to the club at all. Definitely need to get rid.

Would be nice if they used Nessun dorma a little only - it was such an incredible moment -that I think if it was played every week it wouldn't be as powerful.

For Filbert Way stand names - it has got to be:

- Filbert Street End (for the North end of the ground)

- The Kop (for the South end)

- The Julian Joachim Junior Shabadoo Emoticon Thingamijig Stand (for the East side)

- The FoxesTalk Stand (for the West side).

With regard to beer can we not sell some local rather than the dreadful pish-poor lager.

I'm 90% sure (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that they can't serve beer outside the ground. Anyone ever seen beer on sale outside a football league ground?

Had one outside Arsenal this season. And when we get free beers now they have all the crates and serving outside.

Ahh yeah course forgot about the free beer stalls, I just think there has to be something preventing it otherwise you'd see it everywhere... 

They serve bottles of Carlsberg outside the Kop too. They have a little cart that wheels up a few mins into half time.

Guest CityFan 06

It would be helpful if there were allocated queue lines/areas for people ordering stuff in the concourses. Sometimes you cannot tell who is standing or queuing. 

Guest CityFan 06

Just watching a documentary about people going high up on buildings. And the documentary includes the Madejski Stadium of Reading. They are repainting their white pillars which hold the stadium's foundations together. Now, I noticed that their seats inside their ground are proper blue like ours once were when the KP was first built.

So, I'd like the club to repaint/replace our blue seats. It wouldn't be that expensive to do would it, in the grand scheme of things? It would certainly make the stadium smarter ahead of next season and european home matches. Would be nice to see the seats back in new royal blue again. 

Just watching a documentary about people going high up on buildings. And the documentary includes the Madejski Stadium of Reading. They are repainting their white pillars which hold the stadium's foundations together. Now, I noticed that their seats inside their ground are proper blue like ours once were when the KP was first built.

So, I'd like the club to repaint/replace our blue seats. It wouldn't be that expensive to do would it, in the grand scheme of things? It would certainly make the stadium smarter ahead of next season and european home matches. Would be nice to see the seats back in new royal blue again. 

They are all having something done to them to get them all matching colour again I've been told, I can't remember what he said the treatment was but it definitely needs it. My OCD hates that faded foxes head in the Kop 

Guest CityFan 06

They are all having something done to them to get them all matching colour again I've been told, I can't remember what he said the treatment was but it definitely needs it. My OCD hates that faded foxes head in the Kop 

Thank you Jace! Pleased to hear that. Yeah I remember when the Kop/Family stands had two white fox heads, but they converted it into only one on both stands. I can't say I've noticed the faded fox in the Kop, but those seats needs repainting/replacing likewise if so.

Thank you Jace! Pleased to hear that. Yeah I remember when the Kop/Family stands had two white fox heads, but they converted it into only one on both stands. I can't say I've noticed the faded fox in the Kop, but those seats needs repainting/replacing likewise if so.

I think it may be bleaching them I think he said so they'll be lighter if anything but at least they'll be more matching 

Guest CityFan 06

I think it may be bleaching them I think he said so they'll be lighter if anything but at least they'll be more matching 

Yeah, I suppose they will be matching, but ideally I wanted all the seats in royal blue again. We will see, anything will be an improvement hopefully. 

It would be helpful if there were allocated queue lines/areas for people ordering stuff in the concourses. Sometimes you cannot tell who is standing or queuing.

Best idea to date, bet they dare not put the queuing time from here signs up though!

Guest CityFan 06

Best idea to date, bet they dare not put the queuing time from here signs up though!

Again it's something subtle, but with improvement could make a positive difference.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

I might be clutching at straws but the club have been removing the white seats inside the ground, something which was similarly suggested on this thread. Do you genuinely think the club look for threads like this to look at fans feedback? 

I remember the giant flag thread on here, and then a few days/weeks later they let the fans design one. 

Guest CityFan 06

Mentioned this in the white seats thread: 

I'd personally prefer the Kop and Family stands without the 'KING POWER' white lettering. Just the Fox in the middle of the stands. Would look more unique and it was originally going to be like that anyway before the 'WALKERS' lettering was added. 

Guest CityFan 06

I hope they do read these threads.

BIN FEARLESS YOU ******!

It's why I created the thread, so the club have a dedicated place to look for what fans think of our stadium, in the aim of constructive feedback.

(I'd very much welcome this to be pinned if the mods are willing to, as it does tend to lose it's place).

Stuff like #fearless on the ground and on one of the giant flags, IMO need fans input before implementing these ideas. That way, there wouldn't be any such complaints and both parties (club/fans) would be happy.

Guest CityFan 06

Replace the White seats with blue seats.

Pure blue seats would be nice, all around the ground. Or perhaps just the Fox heads in the Kop and Family stands, without the 'KING POWER.' The 'LCFC' and 'LEICESTER CITY' is ok in the East and West.

With more evening games coming up they really need to improve the catering vans or inside the ground, those shit burgers are terrible when you finish work and dash down the city and need some dinner, I don't know what kind of things are out there, but there needs some serious improvements

Archived