Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

King Power Stadium Improvements - Ideas/Suggestions Thread

I'd like to see it turned into a museum of sorts dedicated to our history there's a ton of stuff that could be displayed there and it would be fitting because it is where the majority of our history was.

That'd also be great. It's just sad to see our old home in the state it's in now. If you look at Highbury, it still resembles a football stadium. It'd be nice to have a physical reminder that we used to play at Filbert Street. 

Guest CityFan 06

- More space for front rail flags.

- Officially named stands after legends.

- Statues outside of the ground.

- Repainted/new royal blue seats.

- Something alongside #fearless on the outside of the stadium, iconic picture for instance.

- The legends banner redesigned to fit in alongside the current blue banner inside the stadium.

- WYS played on the tannoy inside the ground. I really do think if we can get the right version at the right pace, we can reestablish this as our anthem again. It would encourage us more to sing it without the aid of the music as well.

Guest CityFan 06

We already have the Lineker Stand but it gets called the Family Stand.

...and don't even think about anything other than the Post Horn Gallop.

Was it called the Lineker Stand when it was first built? Come to think of it, I remember seeing a ground plan of the then new stadium, and the Kop was called the Fosse Stand or something similar. As I recall the other stands had original Leicester names too. 

Was it called the Lineker Stand when it was first built? Come to think of it, I remember seeing a ground plan of the then new stadium, and the Kop was called the Fosse Stand or something similar. As I recall the other stands had original Leicester names too. 

You should replace Cliff Ginetta as fan's spokesperson.

Guest CityFan 06

So we've established that we'd like to see a statue. Who first? I think Gordon Banks would be a good start. 

A statue on all four sides of the ground would be superb. 

Guest CityFan 06

Would it be worth emailing Cliff some ideas on this thread? I obviously don't know him or if he even has an email but perhaps. Also could this be pinned to FoxesTalk so if indeed a club official were to come on looking for suggestions for the stadium, then they'd know this is the thread to look in? As I'm sure new suggestions from fans will come all the time, and just think it'd be good to have a dedicated pinned thread for this personally.

I tend to think the club would be willing to listen. They've been much more active in improving the home atmosphere - UFS a prime example.

Guest CityFan 06

You should replace Cliff Ginetta as fan's spokesperson.

:)  Thank you. It'd be a dream role for me personally, being fan assistant spokesman/stadium improvement person, presumably alongside Cliff. 

I'm very interested in this kind of stuff and I know exactly what we all want being a fan of the club too. 

Guest CityFan 06

IT should say lineker stand on the tickets, outside the stand and inside on the front fascia then. I've never heard it called the lineker stand.

Would certainly help, especially if we were to try to establish the stand with it's original name again.

If we were to rename our stands, I'd like:

Family Stand - Lineker Stand / Filbert Street End

East Stand - The Alan Birchenall Stand 

West Stand - The 1884 Fosse Stand

Kop - The Kop.

Would certainly help, especially if we were to try to establish the stand with it's original name again.

If we were to rename our stands, I'd like:

Family Stand - Lineker Stand / Filbert Street End

East Stand - The Alan Birchenall Stand 

West Stand - The 1884 Fosse Stand

Kop - The Kop.

Think Claudio deserves a stand named after him.

Thanks. Didn't realise this. Unless it's being renamed the Family Stand :dunno: but it sounds to me people have just got used to it being called the Family Stand, with it being the Family area as well.

The club quietly dropped the Lineker name when they sold the naming rights to a sponsor (Marks Electrical, I think) and sadly it never returned.

Guest CityFan 06

The club quietly dropped the Lineker name when they sold the naming rights to a sponsor (Marks Electrical, I think) and sadly it never returned.

Yeah Marks Electrical. Not any more though I don't think, I think it's just called the North Stand now. On the outside of the stadium, on the ground plan, it shows all the stands just named North, South, East and West. Last time I checked anyway.

Think Claudio deserves a stand named after him.

Yeah probably right actually.

The #fearless stand

The Bhumibol Adulyadej stand (thai king)

The King Power™ Duty Free Family Stand

The kop

The #fearless thing really is dodgy though. The club wont let it go as it makes them look in with the times, despite it never being used by any fans.

Guest CityFan 06

There is good things about our stadium, no doubt, but there are also things which are subtle but with improvement could make a big difference. A lot of what members have suggested is not vastly expensive at all. I just feel there's so much potential for our ground, to make it feel more like our home, more unique and also more traditional to Leicester and the history of the club.

Guest CityFan 06

Would welcome this particular song in the matchday build up at the KP, keeping the background tune with the screen montages though, as I love that.

I think this would sound decent pre match. 

1. Get rid of the #fearless branding

2. Ditch the goal music 

3. Get rid of the clappers (they have served a purpose but don't think we need them any more)

4. Stop playing 'Hey Jude' before kick-off

Do all these things and we'd have a decent football ground on our hands. 

They won't do it though  :rolleyes:

Archived