Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

King Power Stadium Improvements - Ideas/Suggestions Thread

please please please some new larger better quality screens... surely a must!!

Some screens outside the ground shower past glory's to enhance the pre-match atmosphere and pre match fan zones

paint the concourses so they're not grey concrete!!

On 5 August 2016 at 10:07, LeiFosse 06 said:

Are the two large video screens inside being replaced? I'm sure I heard a while back they had to be bigger to comply with the CL regulations...

Is this a joke?

I think my biggest issue with the ground is the amount of exposed concrete- I'd be happy with some cladding on the outside (something more substantial and better on the eye than the blue sheets) and a bit of a cosmetic makeover to the concourse- some paint to make it look neater and iconic photos of our history on the walls.

I'll say that the catering 'needs some work' too, but I don't have a spare 2 hours to go into detail.

Guest CityFan 06

Went to the KP today to get the Champions League tickets, lots of work going on around the outside of the ground. Made me look forward to being back at Filbert Way again against Arsenal.

Apparently the seats have been burnt back using some modern day magic. Then lacquered. That's why they look so Blue again. I've got some pics I took on Sunday but they exceed the limit. I'll see if I can dumb them down but without losing the colour.

Guest CityFan 06
26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The ground is an absolute tip at the moment, most of the concourses are building sites, holes in walls and the toilets are a state. 

Nice surprise in the Kop end concourse though ;)

I went down myself to the ground a few days ago and there was loads going on outside - and probably inside too. It will be all worth it though I reckon, over the past few years our ground has got better and better, and this year it's looking good as well. Inside the actual stadium it's looking superb.

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The ground is an absolute tip at the moment, most of the concourses are building sites, holes in walls and the toilets are a state. 

Nice surprise in the Kop end concourse though ;)

Saw that a couple weeks ago ;) having been down last night, it's an absolute state our ground is in behind the scenes. Even the home changing rooms rooms are no way near finished. lol

Having been down and helped out Sunday, I can back sol up, the insides are still a mess, there's gonna be a few late nights and some serious man hours put in if the place is gonna be use able by saturday. there's timber everywhere lol not sure if that's improvements, or just to help hold the place up.

the kiosks still have the kasabian banners and price lists up over the originals, no idea if they are staying, and once all the work is done, it's gonna need a serious clean up operation as well.

For those that can access the west stand and kop concourse stairwell where they are linked, there's a interesting bit of artwork going on as well.

31 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Having been down and helped out Sunday, I can back sol up, the insides are still a mess, there's gonna be a few late nights and some serious man hours put in if the place is gonna be use able by saturday. there's timber everywhere lol not sure if that's improvements, or just to help hold the place up.

the kiosks still have the kasabian banners and price lists up over the originals, no idea if they are staying, and once all the work is done, it's gonna need a serious clean up operation as well.

For those that can access the west stand and kop concourse stairwell where they are linked, there's a interesting bit of artwork going on as well.

No photographs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:lol honestly is a great bit of work!

1 minute ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

No photographs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:lol honestly is a great bit of work!

I really wanted to take a few pics to share with a few of my mates, as once it's a matchday it is bound to be busy, hopefully I can get some this week if I'm helping out but they will remain with me until after saturday. lol 

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Is that the area between C Block and SK4 ??

Guest CityFan 06

For me the stadium is looking the best it's ever been and each year it just seems to be going from strength to strength. Promotion to the Premier League has done us a world of good, since then the club have been really upgrading our stadium which is really nice to see.

We've got the newly retreated royal blue seats, the blue banner on the inside which matches very well, and the outstanding pitch too which adds to that. On the outside of the ground we've got those blue panels with 'LCFC' written across them so all in all Filbert Way has, and continues to be more characteristic and smarter year on year.

It's most definitely getting there, need some statutes now and the ground named with some sort of Leicester reference. There's still improvements to be made of course and that's why I'm glad I made this thread so we can discuss new ideas on what we feel would make our ground even better.

Archived