Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

£50m more to spend?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

We have added quality to the squad.

We are champions.

We can attract top players which suit our needs. 

This isn't Football Manager or FIFA where you have to have a 90+ rated player to win things. 

Great if we can find the next Vardy or Mahrez and pay pennies to bring them in, but realistically we are champions and we want to consolidate and build on the success. Accordingly, we need to invest in players who are able to have an impact right now. The way the transfer market is operating at the moment is that the supply side is limited for these but the demand is significant, which results in absurd amounts being paid or quoted by the selling club (for example, Troy Deeney - £20m, Stones - £50m, Wijnaldum - £25m).

I want ****ing Lacazette, so when i travel over for the Arsenal game I can talk so much shit to them. I am flying over from New York so my mouth will be very loud. "Vardy rejected you, Higuain rejected you, Morata rejected you, and your number one target Lacazette snubed you for us...Your a shit club, your a shiiitt clubbb...Yes your a shit club. 

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club doesn't pay for tifos...

I know, I've chucked a few fivers in myself. but wouldn't it be nice if some of the massive revenues that are now coming into the club went on supporter enhancements or reduced season ticket prices

For 50M I think we could do some good business. 20-22M for Slimani, another 20-22M  for Virgil van Dyke and a few million for Dominic Iorfa. That will be a new striker, defender, RB and with Kapuska coming, an attacking midfielder. I think that will be us done for the summer.

I'm wondering how much of their own money the owners are willing to invest so early into their vision for the club, we've spent only profit so far and are way ahead of schedule im terms of their ambitions.

I think our spend will remain relatively low for a while yet, like I've said before I believe our owners are absolute class acts and will have a very specific timeline set out, I'd like 3-4 more signings this window, I can't see that though, just have a feeling we won't.

We really need to bolster the squad before the start of the season. Kante was the most valuable player last season by a country mile in fact he might even be the most essential footballer to a single team the game has ever known. I am so convinced of this; he was more valuable to us than Messi was to Barcelona last year in term of impacting the way we like to play; our philosophy. He was the quietest player on the team but his game spoke the loudest; his ability to intercept balls then drive us forward; willing us forward and get back immediately to provide cover when the moves broke down. The signings we have made while they strengthen us have done nothing to shore up this HUGE gap left in the side. We can no longer play an effective 4-4-2 with the players we have available; effective means to the level of last season. So either we get a similar player to fill the void or we adopt a new style. Both of these routes require signing of quality: Personally I would like to see Mustafi from Valencia (valued around 21 mil), Kovacic from Real Madrid, and Slimani or Lacazette. 

16 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Honestly can't see Iorfa going for more than 10M, even in todays silly money market. Take your point on Van Dyke, but i'd reckon 30M and Southampton would sell. 

I heard murmurings of £35mil for Van Dijk to Everton when Koeman went there. He's really grown on me as a player. Thought he was a bit of a liability at first but changed my mind. I'd take him here if the price was right.

Wolves have a lot of money to play with now. They'll bleed every penny they can for Iorfa. I reckon it'd be nearer twenty than ten.

35m for Van Dyke wouldn't surprise me when Everton want 50 for Stones. I wasn't aware Wolves have got money, have they got another rich backer like Jack Hayward?

I agree regarding Kante, but for me there is no like for like replacement for him, hence i believe we need to change our style or at least have plans B and C when needed. I think to do that we need to buy.

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

35m for Van Dyke wouldn't surprise me when Everton want 50 for Stones. I wasn't aware Wolves have got money, have they got another rich backer like Jack Hayward?

I agree regarding Kante, but for me there is no like for like replacement for him, hence i believe we need to change our style or at least have plans B and C when needed. I think to do that we need to buy.

Mustafi is more than twice the player Van Dyke is and is valued at 21 mil.

Sadly, I think after tomorrow's Polish announcement, we'll be done.

I have to admit I'd of liked another striker (Slimani) and I'm yet to be convinced by our outfield signings this summer as well as Amartey - not to say they or some may be incredible for us.... Just that as yet I'm not overwhelmed with confidence but it's early days.

14 hours ago, sm1 said:

From Wikipedia....The club is owned by the Chinese conglomerate group Fosun, which purchased the club on 21 July 2016 for a reported £45 million from previous owner Steve Morgan.[102][103]

Archived