Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

£50m more to spend?

So, we have sold Kante (£32m) and Kramaric (?£5m). There are rumours that Ulloa may be on his way - perhaps for ?£12m. Inler seems to be on his way and maybe Benalouane (perhaps a combined £6m) Total = £55m

We have spent £16m on Musa, £13m on Mendy and, possibly, £6m on Kaputska. Total = £35m.

If the above is correct, we have a profit of circa £20m.

Having won the Premiership, I would imagine that the owners would have been thinking of a sizeable investment in the playing squad, perhaps a net £50m taking into account those who are leaving. If this were true, we could add the £50m to the £20m profit made to give a total of £70m that Claudio may still have at his disposal to spend.

Let's assume that the amount is in fact £50m. Who would you buy?

I would consider Slimani (£25m) and Perisic (£20m), with the remainder spent on cover at centre half and right back.

You have to factor in the increase in wages cost of vardy is on an extra 100k and mahrez soon to be too, that's 10 million right there there. Plus King , schmiechel and any other new contracts... Not to forget wages for Musa and Mendy...

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

You have to factor in the increase in wages cost of vardy is on an extra 100k and mahrez soon to be too, that's 10 million right there there. Plus King , schmiechel and any other new contracts... Not to forget wages for Musa and Mendy...

They aren't really on an extra 100k are they. They have gone up to 100k. So the outlay for that is no where near 10 million extra. 

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

They aren't really on an extra 100k are they. They have gone up to 100k. So the outlay for that is no where near 10 million extra. 

Youre right its about an extra 60k a week I meant we were paying them more- but it's still an outlay of 10 million which is what I said...

some people still don't get it.

we don't have to spend as much as £50m, or £70m, or spend an obscene amount on only 1-2 players to succeed.

Right now, I actually don't think the owners need to invest something like £50m just to make our transfer fund look a bit sweeter. 

When we we know we can find decent quality players for under £20m, what's the reason to splash out? 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

some people still don't get it.

we don't have to spend as much as £50m, or £70m, or spend an obscene amount on only 1-2 players to succeed.

Right now, I actually don't think the owners need to invest something like £50m just to make our transfer fund look a bit sweeter. 

When we we know we can find decent quality players for under £20m, what's the reason to splash out? 

No harm in adding quality to the squad. We don't want a spending frenzy a la the Taylor era, but we are champions and can attract some top notch players to build on our success.

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're clearly not going to overhaul a squad that won the league. We've signed a defender, a striker, a goalkeeper and a midfielder and only lost Kante.

Unless Leo leaves, we're probably done.

I hope not ...   nows the time to push on.  One more big signing would really say something ...   and Keane (cus we must rate him).

37 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Guessing, but increases for Drinkwater, Morgan, Schmeichel,Vardy,Mahrez,King and others could easily average £50K each per week each, plus new players coming in on higher salaries than those leaving, and our wages bill will increase by over £20M per year.

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

On top of the new wonder kid i would still like another midfielder and right back and ship out inler, rdl and james.

Definitely not James ...   it wasn't that long ago that Cambo and him were our midfield of choice.   James has room to improve and I still think he will be a big part of our plans.

Laugh if you want but if he improves in the same way DD has we may have the England midfield of the future.

And don't forget that Mendy has yet to prove himself .....    he is certainly not a shoe in for NK.

After signing Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy, Kapustka (presumably) and Musa I still think we need to sign more capable cover in defence, and I would like to see us add Corluka to the squad as he can play on the right and in the middle of a back four which is effectively a two birds to one stone scenario. I think the midfield is sorted but I wouldn't mind another attacker and the first name that springs to mind is Luan. Sign these two on top of what we have already got and I would feel we have had a very satisfactory transfer window. As for outgoings I would be looking to get rid of Hamer, De Laet, Benalouane, Moore and Inler. That would leave us with a very healthy looking squad:

GK 

Schmeichel 

Zieler

Iversen

DR 

Simpson

Corluka

DL

Fuchs

Chilwell

DC

Morgan

Huth

Hernandez

Corluka

Wasilewski 

MR 

Mahrez

Gray

Albrighton 

ML 

Schlupp

Albrighton 

Gray

MC

Drinkwater

Mendy

Kapustka

King

James

Amartey

ST 

Vardy

Luan

Musa

Okazaki

Ulloa

As much as I like corluka he's too slow to play RB now, especially in the prem and I want someone younger in at centre half( if we were to sign one)

Personally I'd go out and sign a talented young right back that could even usurp Simpson right now (a right sided Chilwell really) and go and buy a top top central midfielder- whilst shipping out Inler RDL, maybe even Benny :( and then James on loan

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

After signing Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy, Kapustka (presumably) and Musa I still think we need to sign more capable cover in defence, and I would like to see us add Corluka to the squad as he can play on the right and in the middle of a back four which is effectively a two birds to one stone scenario. I think the midfield is sorted but I wouldn't mind another attacker and the first name that springs to mind is Luan. Sign these two on top of what we have already got and I would feel we have had a very satisfactory transfer window. As for outgoings I would be looking to get rid of Hamer, De Laet, Benalouane, Moore and Inler. That would leave us with a very healthy looking squad:

GK 

Schmeichel 

Zieler

Iversen

DR 

Simpson

Corluka

DL

Fuchs

Chilwell

DC

Morgan

Huth

Hernandez

Corluka

Wasilewski 

MR 

Mahrez

Gray

Albrighton 

ML 

Schlupp

Albrighton 

Gray

MC

Drinkwater

Mendy

Kapustka

King

James

Choudhury

ST 

Vardy

Luan

Musa

Okazaki

Ulloa

No Amartey on there either:thumbup:.

1 hour ago, 49er said:

No harm in adding quality to the squad. We don't want a spending frenzy a la the Taylor era, but we are champions and can attract some top notch players to build on our success.

We have added quality to the squad.

We are champions.

We can attract top players which suit our needs. 

This isn't Football Manager or FIFA where you have to have a 90+ rated player to win things. 

Archived