Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lukeh

Bernie?

Was on the bus back home after the match and as soon as the bus heads off bernie walks up the steps and sits right behind me! The whole trip he just kept singing bring on the Derby! Some other highlights were he kept asking everys opinion on the weather! After 20 minutes of listening to his crap i moved seats! To my disapointment this made him notice my City shirt and start talking to me! He kept yelling to me ' oi boy oi boy, you like the weather', i was like 'its ok'. He then was going to me 'Do you think well go up this season to me? . At this point i was pissing myself and just plainly said 'no'. He then goes to me ' oi boy whats your name' ' cus im going to ring levein up and tell him we have a fan who dosent think were going up'... so i walked to the back of the bus because i saw someone i knew... he kept yelling at me so i pretended to be in deep conversation then he finally gave up. I also took some pictures off him without him noticing. :D

Another run in was when i was being picked up i saw him in the road so as i drove by i shouted ' come on forest' and he went **** nuts! Was so funny..

I know ive rambled on but what do you think to this guy? Legend or Drunk tosser?

I personally think hes just a joke and gives City a bad name and rep.... :rolleyes:

Was on the bus back home after the match and as soon as the bus heads off Burney walks up the steps and sits right behind me! The whole trip he just kept singing bring on the Derby! Some other highlights were he kept asking everys opinion on the weather! After 20 minutes of listening to his crap i moved seats! To my disapointment this made him notice my City shirt and start talking to me! He kept yelling to me ' oi boy oi boy, you like the weather', i was like 'its ok'. He then was going to me 'Do you think well go up this season to me? . At this point i was pissing myself and just plainly said 'no'. He then goes to me ' oi boy whats your name' ' cus im going to ring levein up and tell him we have a fan who dosent think were going up'... so i walked to the back of the bus because i saw someone i knew... he kept yelling at me so i pretended to be in deep conversation then he finally gave up. I also took some pictures off him without him noticing. :D

Another run in was when i was being picked up i saw him in the road so as i drove by i shouted ' come on forest' and he went **** nuts! Was so funny..

I know ive rambled on but what do you think to this guy? Legend or Drunk tosser?

I personally think hes just a joke and gives City a bad name and rep.... :rolleyes:

Bit of both I'd say. lol

Personaly i think this is an act and he puts it all on and is slightly embarassing, however funny it is, sometimes it goes over the top IMO, but some people think he's a legend.

so in some aspects i suppose he's a bit of both

Was on the bus back home after the match and as soon as the bus heads off Burney walks up the steps and sits right behind me! The whole trip he just kept singing bring on the Derby! Some other highlights were he kept asking everys opinion on the weather! After 20 minutes of listening to his crap i moved seats! To my disapointment this made him notice my City shirt and start talking to me! He kept yelling to me ' oi boy oi boy, you like the weather', i was like 'its ok'. He then was going to me 'Do you think well go up this season to me? . At this point i was pissing myself and just plainly said 'no'. He then goes to me ' oi boy whats your name' ' cus im going to ring levein up and tell him we have a fan who dosent think were going up'... so i walked to the back of the bus because i saw someone i knew... he kept yelling at me so i pretended to be in deep conversation then he finally gave up. I also took some pictures off him without him noticing. :D Another run in was when i was being picked up i saw him in the road so as i drove by i shouted ' come on forest' and he went **** nuts! Was so funny..

Any chance you can get them posted on here

I remember this season at Hull he tapped me on the arm and asked where his seat was, I looked at his ticket and it was the seat next to Anish, so I directed him to the empty row adjacent to ours :D Nice Peaceful afternoon :D He can be an annoying little shit sometimes but funny at others "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" lol

Jester a legend he always drunk and he is a die hard city fan he walk to derby the lonely man but he would do anything for the club and that why he is a legend :)

In 2 and a quarter hours, apparently. He's got legs like Linford Christie, I know because he told us so.

He drives me round the bend to be honest. Me and Stez first became aquianted with him at the first ever game at the Walkers against Watford, we noticed him because he was stumbling around the aisles and it looked (to me) like he still had that horrendous face paint that everyone had on at Wembley '92 against Blackburn as it was so badly put on and cracked and faded. He chills me to the bone and I fear one day we will find him lying in a road somewhere en route to a game, he does my head in but I wouldnt wish that on him.

Not a legend by any stretch for me.

How you can be called a legend for not washing, getting really drunk, shouting and swearing a load of rubbish and generally being a complete tit is beyond me.

Most of that covers Liam Gallagher, 'nuff said.

Unfortunately Bernie isn't the front man of one of the biggest bands of all time. Not the last time I looked anyway.

It's an interesting concept though. Bernie, face painted, on stage at Glastonbury. He could use his horn too, that'll get the crowd rocking. :unsure:

For comedy value he is a legend, but he can be an annoying little cooont aswell at times. Alright in small doses and from a distance but up close and for sustained periods of time he is unbearable.

Looking forward to seeing him again on saturday, he's always in his prime at Derby.

Archived