Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

helps when you're chucking all types of peds down your throat

You can't take his fighting IQ away from him. That man is too good for everyone. The way he handled Gus was amazing. A masterclass. 

When Gus was in the orthodox stance, he kept kicking the lead leg to take his movement and power away, and when Gus switcher to southpaw, he got tagged. Jones Didn’t give him a chance to rest and let us not talk about how good Jon is in the clinch. 

He’s not the greatest because he ain't clean, but you can't tell me that he's the best fighter to ever step in the octagon. 

Edited by the fox

Watched 7 fights on this card (2 undercard and the 5 fights in the main card) and I would give this card a 8/10.

The megan Anderson vs cat fight left a bad taste in my mouth. Fight was stopped do to Cat's eye getting badly hurt. Was afraid she lost it but it's all good now. Nothing big. 

The worst fight was the Arlovski vs Harris fight. Not even gonna talk about it. It was the reason I didn't give the card a 9

But the main card was great. Chiesa vs Condet fight was very entertaining for people who like wrestling. 

Wanted Latifi to win but Anderson was the better fighter. He has a great chin. 

My favorite fight was the Chad Mendes vs Alexander volkanovski fight. High pace with both fighters giving it all they got. 

As for the main and co-main, I already talked about. Amanda is the new Female GOAT and Jones proved again he's the best P4P fighter. 

Edited by the fox

Watched all the prelims and all the card last night. Agree with the fox, solid 8/10.. most of the fights were very entertaining - Cat should be allowed a no contest for that it's no unfair. The second round of Mended v Volkanovski might be the round of the year. Can't help but like Jon Jones despite everything... he is one of the most interesting fighters to watch with the shots he throws

If anyone didn't see Ryan Hall submitting BJ Penn though (very bittersweet) you absolutely have to. Never thought I'd see BJ getting tapped out let alone in that style

17 hours ago, the fox said:

Thems the rules, man. People got banned for Picograms before so it's only fair for Jon to get some backlash. 

It absolutely has an effect on the body or it wouldn’t be in there. USADA said that it's too small for it to be a recent consumption, That's all. 

Because people talking PEDs do their best to make it undetectable so USADA/VADA... Etc will look for the small traces. 

Cyborg didn't respect her power and instead of backing off, she tried to brawl with her and got slept. 

Nah man they’ve stated that it’s too small to have any effect on the body. Plus he’s already served a ban from when it was taken so you know can’t van him twice for one dose really. I don’t think he ever cheated in the first place I do genuinely think it was a mistake. He’s so good he has no need to. He is however a ****ing idiot. 

As as soon as she got tagged cyborg thought ****. Didn’t know why to do so charged forward. However she has only become the beast that she is/was because she’s popped more roids than lesnar so glad she lost. She might not take them anymore but she’s still got the advantage from when she did. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

@the fox you looking forward to UFC 235 or what? Shaping up to be unreal man!!! 

Mate, the card is stacked! This was pretty much me reading the lineup lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQveNtQ6XgLBA3QMmokKhI

Absolutely amazing! People can say whatever about Jones but you got to give him credit, he's always game.

Let's see how askrin does. His stand up makes Khabib look like Pernell whitaker but he can wrestle.

My boy Woodley fighting again is always good and I want to see what Zabit can do against elite competition.

Looking forward to the card

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, the fox said:

Mate, the card is stacked! This was pretty much me reading the lineup lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQveNtQ6XgLBA3QMmokKhI

Absolutely amazing! People can say whatever about Jones but you got to give him credit, he's always game.

Let's see how askrin does. His stand up makes Khabib look like Pernell whitaker but he can wrestle.

My boy Woodley fighting again is always good and I want to see what Zabit can do against elite competition.

Looking forward to the card

Woodley will win comfortably. I really like Anthony Smith so hope it’s a good showing for him. Seems a really nice bloke aswell, really down to earth so wish him the best. However jones is a beast and say what you like about him as a person he’s the best MMA fighter of all time. It would be a major shock if jones lost. 

Askren whouldn’t have taken this fight unless he was pretty certain he’s gonna win. Perfect fight really, lawler is a tough guy but he’s a stand and trade fighter, askren will take it down khabib style. Would love Robbie lawler to win this one though lol 

20 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Woodley will win comfortably. I really like Anthony Smith so hope it’s a good showing for him. Seems a really nice bloke aswell, really down to earth so wish him the best. However jones is a beast and say what you like about him as a person he’s the best MMA fighter of all time. It would be a major shock if jones lost. 

Askren whouldn’t have taken this fight unless he was pretty certain he’s gonna win. Perfect fight really, lawler is a tough guy but he’s a stand and trade fighter, askren will take it down khabib style. Would love Robbie lawler to win this one though lol 

I hope, I really really hope Woodley let his hand go. I don't want it to be abboring fight. Kamura will give him a tough time so I could see a 4-1 decision victory.

Agree one Jones.

Lawler is a killer and I don't think Ben's chin was really tested. It all depends on his TDs. If he can get it in the first minute, he can win but he better watchout, The UFC fighter are the best in the world.

Oh, imagine Askren getting KO'ed. Oh boy, the trash he talked could fire back bad.

49 minutes ago, the fox said:

I hope, I really really hope Woodley let his hand go. I don't want it to be abboring fight. Kamura will give him a tough time so I could see a 4-1 decision victory.

Agree one Jones.

Lawler is a killer and I don't think Ben's chin was really tested. It all depends on his TDs. If he can get it in the first minute, he can win but he better watchout, The UFC fighter are the best in the world.

Oh, imagine Askren getting KO'ed. Oh boy, the trash he talked could fire back bad.

Ah man it would be lovely if askren got knocked out. He’s talked so much smack and Americans hype him so much because of his wrestling. To be fair to him, like khabib before Connor. Chin is suspect for having not been tested but he doesn’t give people a chance to. He’s known for not taking any damage. Some ridiculous stat that it’s been like 3 fights since anyone hit him. But yea UFC is a different ball game. 

Still think MVP would have walked it silva style had they signed him a few years ago though :ph34r:

On 17/01/2019 at 23:17, ARTY_FOX said:

Ah man it would be lovely if askren got knocked out. He’s talked so much smack and Americans hype him so much because of his wrestling. To be fair to him, like khabib before Connor.

Thing is, Khabib was against far better competition and was hit a few times and the evidence of a great chin is there. Don't know how will he react against great TTD because his striking is bad.

On 17/01/2019 at 23:17, ARTY_FOX said:

Some ridiculous stat that it’s been like 3 fights since anyone hit him. But yea UFC is a different ball game. 

Is that real, if so, that's crazy.

BTW, TJ made weight so looking forward to a great fight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the fox said:

Thing is, Khabib was against far better competition and was hit a few times and the evidence of a great chin is there. Don't know how will he react against great TTD because his striking is bad.

Is that real, if so, that's crazy.

BTW, TJ made weight so looking forward to a great fight.

I still think khabib is the greatest wrestler/grappler we’ll ever see. 

Tj looks so unhealthy. Hope he gets beat convincingly. 

I think this will be exactly what I need after today’s footy @the fox

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I still think khabib is the greatest wrestler/grappler we’ll ever see. 

Tj looks so unhealthy. Hope he gets beat convincingly. 

(Lol I don't know what's wrong, maybe it's my internet but I though I replied to you 2 hours ago but the comments wasn't posted. My bad, mate)

Khabib's technique is wonderful. The way he chains his TDs, the way he traps the legs and keeps advancing and passing guard is just amazing. P4P the best grappler in UFC history.

That weight-cut is unhealthy. Just look at this.

https://a.espncdn.com/photo/2019/0118/r490403_3_1600x800cc.jpg

I don't know, man. I think TJ takes it. He's just too good so the only worry here is how much the cut affected him.

Let's hope we get a great fight.

Hope he gets beat convincingly. 

I think this will be exactly what I need after today’s footy 

I got some bad news for you, mate lol

Anyways, this team is gonna give me heart problems smh. It's like a fighter who gives up the first two rounds then somehow finds the spirit to fight back in the third just so he can end up getting knocked out.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

(Lol I don't know what's wrong, maybe it's my internet but I though I replied to you 2 hours ago but the comments wasn't posted. My bad, mate)

Khabib's technique is wonderful. The way he chains his TDs, the way he traps the legs and keeps advancing and passing guard is just amazing. P4P the best grappler in UFC history.

That weight-cut is unhealthy. Just look at this.

https://a.espncdn.com/photo/2019/0118/r490403_3_1600x800cc.jpg

I don't know, man. I think TJ takes it. He's just too good so the only worry here is how much the cut affected him.

Let's hope we get a great fight.

I got some bad news for you, mate lol

Anyways, this team is gonna give me heart problems smh. It's like a fighter who gives up the first two rounds then somehow finds the spirit to fight back in the third just so he can end up getting knocked out.

Couldn’t agree more regarding khabib. It’s amazing to watch how he just mauls people and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. 

TJ looks so unhealthy. Will he even have the stamina and strength in this fight? Looking at him there he looks on deaths door. Not getting ready for a fight. 

I expect TJ to win but not writing cejudo off. Would love him to wreck TJ purely because TJ is a dick head. Another trying hard to be Mcgregor and he vastly over rates himself. As does Ludwig. 

Ah man this teams taking years off my life at the minute I swear lol  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

TJ looks so unhealthy. Will he even have the stamina and strength in this fight? Looking at him there he looks on deaths door. Not getting ready for a fight. 

Not as bad as some of Conor's weight-ins. Conor pretty much looked like he's sacrificing his liver to make 145. Same with max.

I trust he can preform. I don't like some of the things he done but he's a top-5 P4P fighter. Dana sent him down to kill 125.

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Another trying hard to be Mcgregor and he vastly over rates himself

Can't forget when Cruz smoked him in their media obligations lol him and Cody can't sell a fight to save their lives

Man Cruz can talk lol

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ah man this teams taking years off my life at the minute I swear lol  

TRT Leicester is P4P worst matchup for my health. 

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Good luck my man! Don’t jeprodise your exams for it! Just watch a re-run lol 

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

My sleep pattern is already allover the place so I don't think I can sleep even if I wanted to. Plus, nothing beats watching it live.

3 hours ago, the fox said:

Not as bad as some of Conor's weight-ins. Conor pretty much looked like he's sacrificing his liver to make 145. Same with max.

I trust he can preform. I don't like some of the things he done but he's a top-5 P4P fighter. Dana sent him down to kill 125.

Can't forget when Cruz smoked him in their media obligations lol him and Cody can't sell a fight to save their lives

Man Cruz can talk lol

TRT Leicester is P4P worst matchup for my health. 

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

My sleep pattern is already allover the place so I don't think I can sleep even if I wanted to. Plus, nothing beats watching it live.

Connor did and max really does I’ll give you that. But TJ looks worse for me. He looks seriously ill. Would love it if he fluffed it but we both know he’s gonna walk out the winner. 

Ah man Dom Cruz is the best 135 guy for me. Just a shame he keeps getting all these insane injuries.  He’s a great fighter has all the talk and when he lost to Cody he made no excuse just said well done and that was that. 

Well I’ll be waiting up to watch it my man! Prelims don’t  start here until 1 am :(

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Connor did and max really does I’ll give you that. But TJ looks worse for me. He looks seriously ill. Would love it if he fluffed it but we both know he’s gonna walk out the winner. 

Ah man Dom Cruz is the best 135 guy for me. Just a shame he keeps getting all these insane injuries.  He’s a great fighter has all the talk and when he lost to Cody he made no excuse just said well done and that was that. 

Well I’ll be waiting up to watch it my man! Prelims don’t  start here until 1 am :(

Good thing that TJ's camp said that it's a one-time only cut. He won't be doing it again.

Cruz is the man! His footwork is just....

b7PKFvcbT7PZQO8xd10J6GJfJvAzBTVMVhRNQWGS

Cruz beat TJ, TJ beat Cody, Cody beat Cruz. I need a Cruz vs TJ fight. Too bad Dom just got a shoulder surgery.

I would try to get a little nap before the card. Don't think I will watch the prelims

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

Good thing that TJ's camp said that it's a one-time only cut. He won't be doing it again.

Cruz is the man! His footwork is just....

b7PKFvcbT7PZQO8xd10J6GJfJvAzBTVMVhRNQWGS

Cruz beat TJ, TJ beat Cody, Cody beat Cruz. I need a Cruz vs TJ fight. Too bad Dom just got a shoulder surgery.

I would try to get a little nap before the card. Don't think I will watch the prelims

Well TJ is on about going up to fight Holloway now. That’d be fun, he’ll get slaughtered. Really bad management of him by his team to allow that. 

I’m gonna just see how I get on. Set an alarm just in case. 

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Wow.

What a finish. Personally thought TJ was done. Think the ref called it about right, after he gets dropped that last time his eyes have rolled and he’s gone completely limp. But awesome so glad TJ the self proclaimed goat got beat!!!