Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Showed vulnerabilities, be good to see him against a good all rounder like Ferguson who is good off his back and has dynamic striking.

If he nullified Tony then yeah he is the Best 

Dustin caught him a bit but Khabib got back into it fast. Khabib never had the best standup so it isn't really anything new. It's his awkward sambo background that makes his movement so unorthodox IMO. 

Dustin has much more power than Tony. Tony is a volume striker and his willingness to let his opponents wrestle him will be his downfall. Khabib works to get position instead of putting himself in danger of being subbed. Dustin's guillotine was TIGHT but khabib got out. Khabib just works position and limits the movement of his opponents. Dustin said that he couldn't get Khabib off of him. Tony is in for a long night but I'm looking forward to the fight.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Dustin caught him a bit but Khabib got back into it fast. Khabib never had the best standup so it isn't really anything new. It's his awkward sambo background that makes his movement so unorthodox IMO. 

Dustin has much more power than Tony. Tony is a volume striker and his willingness to let his opponents wrestle him will be his downfall. Khabib works to get position instead of putting himself in danger of being subbed. Dustin's guillotine was TIGHT but khabib got out. Khabib just works position and limits the movement of his opponents. Dustin said that he couldn't get Khabib off of him. Tony is in for a long night but I'm looking forward to the fight.

Time will tell

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the fox said:

@ARTY_FOX

Did you enjoy the card, Mate? Felt bad for Dustin but Khabib is just the best out there. Tony needs to step up and get his L.

Yea I really enjoyed it. How'd you find it? 

Barbosa vs fielder was a good fight. The nose break in curtis blades fight was awful. 

Yea I really felt for Dustin, it's just unfortunate that khabib is so good at what he does. With his dad in the corner there was never gonna be any messing around. Straight in, straight down and ground and pound until you give something up. Hope Tony takes the fight and they both do fight. Can't see any planet where Tony takes it though. He looked like he'd lost something to me against Pettis and to a degree cowboy so we'll see how it goes. 

10/10 troll effort when he vaulted the cage and jumped on Dana though lol

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yea I really enjoyed it. How'd you find it? 

Barbosa vs fielder was a good fight. The nose break in curtis blades fight was awful. 

Yea I really felt for Dustin, it's just unfortunate that khabib is so good at what he does. With his dad in the corner there was never gonna be any messing around. Straight in, straight down and ground and pound until you give something up. Hope Tony takes the fight and they both do fight. Can't see any planet where Tony takes it though. He looked like he'd lost something to me against Pettis and to a degree cowboy so we'll see how it goes. 

10/10 troll effort when he vaulted the cage and jumped on Dana though lol

We had it for free here so good news lol

Only missed 3 fights of the prelims.

Think it was a good card (7.5/10). Thought the Co-main was gonna be better tbh. And as always, Khabib gonna Khabib. Thought Dustin clipped him hard but watching gifs of it again, it wasn't as bad as I remember. But that guillotine escape though. Got me on my feet when Khabib managed to get out.

Dustin looks devastated but seeing the murders that he went through just to find out that the king of the division is so far ahead of the rest must be hard.

Curtis's elbow was nasty. HWs doing GnP should be illegal. 

People are talking about Khabib needing to fight fighters from another division who are bigger than him just to see him lose. That's how dominant the man is. 

27 minutes ago, the fox said:

We had it for free here so good news lol

Only missed 3 fights of the prelims.

Think it was a good card (7.5/10). Thought the Co-main was gonna be better tbh. And as always, Khabib gonna Khabib. Thought Dustin clipped him hard but watching gifs of it again, it wasn't as bad as I remember. But that guillotine escape though. Got me on my feet when Khabib managed to get out.

Dustin looks devastated but seeing the murders that he went through just to find out that the king of the division is so far ahead of the rest must be hard.

Curtis's elbow was nasty. HWs doing GnP should be illegal. 

People are talking about Khabib needing to fight fighters from another division who are bigger than him just to see him lose. That's how dominant the man is. 

Nah I think it seemed worse at the time because of how khabib does anything and everything to get out of there when poirer tried to put some pressure on. Guy got caught in the guillotine and never looked anything but comfortable. lol

Yea I think if he could do the fight over he'd do it differently and would probably throw alot more punches to keep khabib abit more on the back foot but you cant do anything when you're fighting a once in a generation fighter. 

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueBrett
2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Oh Ben Askren. Not the fighter you thought you were... 

Why does he think it's alright to be chubby at welterweight? Actually in better shape for this fight than I've seen him previously but still miles off athletic. Disgraceful really lol 

53 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Why does he think it's alright to be chubby at welterweight? Actually in better shape for this fight than I've seen him previously but still miles off athletic. Disgraceful really lol 

I think the Dad bod's are doing well at the minute to be fair lol but he just can't take fighters down in the UFC like he could before. I dont know where he goes from here. But to promote yourself as the best fighter in the world and flatline this hard in the UFC is incredible lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great night of fights saturday. Nunes was very lay and pray and was disappointed she didnt even try to sub. The gulf in class on the ground was insane and she just opted to lay down and throw a punch when the ref got close. 

Volkanowski was brilliant, so happy he won. Accidentally caught his fights really early in his career and have watched him since. I knew he was the one. The leg kicks were brutal and allowed him inside so well. Two guys happy to go to war with each other. 

Faber was, as expected, out done. For all the hype around his return k.o everyone likes to forget he was rocked and swinging for the fences when he caught a guy rushing in. Was only gonna go one way but fair play he can take a beating. 

Aldo was robbed. 

Also found the commentary strangely bias. Not even hidden and it was baffling. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Might as well revive this thread seeing how active the boxing thread is. 

Anyone watch the last UFC? Main even was crazy. Figueiredo fight was crazy. He was dishing out some serious punishment. God knows how the other guy kept going. 

Also I think this is probably the end of the tony Ferguson era. Him v Khabib is never going to happen now. Ferguson hasn't looked great in quite a few of his latest fights but managed to bounce back during his fights. Now the last two fights showing he isn't getting that same luck or fortune. 

The Figueiredo fight was crazy, to be fair both guys dished out some punishment and it was a shame about the nut shot that pretty much brought about the draw. He’s a big flyweight though so standing up to his power is impressive. Can only have been 3 weeks or so since his last fight wasn’t it and he was ill in between.  

I don’t know where Ferguson goes from here, he’s taken a lot of damage in his career and I know it’s only 2 fights but doesn’t seem quite the same fighter at the minute. And that arm bar at the end of the first, saved by the bell or what! It’s a bit like Tyrone Woodley, since he beat Till he just seemed really passive and has lost his last three I think.