Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Stipe just went another gear. Left body shot after another made DC's defence crumble (even thought he kept his hands down for some reason).

You got the result you wanted, @ARTY_FOXlol

Could see on DC’s face he was taking some real damage on the body shots, did a really good job of just slowing DC down and beating him up. Really impressive comeback win really. 

:D doesn’t usually go the way I want it to so I’m happy lol 

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Could see on DC’s face he was taking some real damage on the body shots, did a really good job of just slowing DC down and beating him up. Really impressive comeback win really. 

:D doesn’t usually go the way I want it to so I’m happy lol 

Thought Stipe was getting KO'ed but he has a chin on him! DC just kept his hands down walking like a zombie and it cought up with him.

Diaz won despite his long layoff. Don't see him going for a title seeing LW and WW champs are amazing wrestlers but we can have some good matchups. 

Now looking forward to 242.

Edited by the fox

38 minutes ago, the fox said:

Thought Stipe was getting KO'ed but he has a chin on him! DC just kept his hands down walking like a zombie and it cought up with him.

Diaz won despite his long layoff. Don't see him going for a title seeing LW and WW champs are amazing wrestlers but we can have some good matchups. 

Now looking forward to 242.

DC has been way way over cocky since he won the belt saying he’s the GOAT and dismissing everyone else that’s ever fought. He needed a reality check, humbling again slightly. Great fighter but was becoming an ass hole. 

I don’t think Nate cares about the titles, it’s all about what will make him the most money, he’ll want the third mcgregor fight definitely. Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal looks like it’ll be next and that should be good! 

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

DC has been way way over cocky since he won the belt saying he’s the GOAT and dismissing everyone else that’s ever fought.

But he has the right to think a bit high of himself as a fighter because his record is very good. I've got a theory that he was showing off and trying to scare Jon Jones but it backfired. Stipe is one of the greatest HWs ever and DC should've respected him more.

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don’t think Nate cares about the titles, it’s all about what will make him the most money, he’ll want the third mcgregor fight definitely. Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal looks like it’ll be next and that should be good!

I want the Conor/Nate trilogy. I think Nate knows what his bread and butter is and thats against other strikers and not wrestlers.

Edited by the fox

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

But he has the right to think a bit high of himself as a fighter because his record is very good. I've got a theory that he was showing off and trying to scare Jon Jones but it backfired. Stipe is one of the greatest HWs ever and DC should've respected him more.

I want the Conor/Nate trilogy. I think Nate knows what his bread and butter is and thats against other strikers and not wrestlers.

He does I agree but you can still take it too far. But it all stems from the fact he can’t accept Jones is a better fighter than he is. I mean to claim you’re the GOAT and for anyone to think otherwise is stupid and doesn’t know the sport is ridiculous. Especially when you lost twice out of 2  to guy considered the best. 

Im not bothered about mcgregor fighting again. I hope he stays away from MMA at the minute to be honest. He’s an idiot. Probably be him vs Masvidal with the winner on to face khabib? Because at this moment in time Diaz vs Masvidal is huge. As would either vs khabib be. 

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He does I agree but you can still take it too far. But it all stems from the fact he can’t accept Jones is a better fighter than he is. I mean to claim you’re the GOAT and for anyone to think otherwise is stupid and doesn’t know the sport is ridiculous. Especially when you lost twice out of 2  to guy considered the best. 

Im not bothered about mcgregor fighting again. I hope he stays away from MMA at the minute to be honest. He’s an idiot. Probably be him vs Masvidal with the winner on to face khabib? Because at this moment in time Diaz vs Masvidal is huge. As would either vs khabib be. 

If only Jones didn't have the PEDs scandals. IMO, Jon is a better fighter but I want to imagine if DC got into MMA at a younger age.

I said the same about Conor but he is a very special fighter. I'm interested in watching him again against another striker.

Khabib will fight Tony if he beats Dustin. And that could be counted as him cleaning the division so we can even have a 165 belt to set a Conor vs Khabib super fight.

33 minutes ago, the fox said:

If only Jones didn't have the PEDs scandals. IMO, Jon is a better fighter but I want to imagine if DC got into MMA at a younger age.

I said the same about Conor but he is a very special fighter. I'm interested in watching him again against another striker.

Khabib will fight Tony if he beats Dustin. And that could be counted as him cleaning the division so we can even have a 165 belt to set a Conor vs Khabib super fight.

Jon Jones is a genetic freak though, he is, unfortunately for DC a once in a generation fighter. 

Hopefully he can rematch the old man lol 

The problem with trying to set up Tony vs Khabib is it’s the most unreliable fight set up in the world what’s it been 5 attempts? Not sure they want Connor to fight khabib again either because that really would e the death of mcgregor 

22 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Jon Jones is a genetic freak though, he is, unfortunately for DC a once in a generation fighter.

Not as much of a genetic freak as Yoal or Costa lol

Hopefully he can rematch the old man lol 

I got DC at heavyweight tbh.

The problem with trying to set up Tony vs Khabib is it’s the most unreliable fight set up in the world what’s it been 5 attempts?

The word is, Tony gonna be a replacement for Dustin or Khabib. Wouldn't be funny if Khabib and Tony made weight in the same card twice but failed to do the same in 4 different times.

Not sure they want Connor to fight khabib again either because that really would e the death of mcgregor 

Just watch Conor win 2 fights, add some excuses for Conor's benefit on why he didn't beat Khabib and you will have the MMA world excited again

Edited by the fox

On 12/11/2016 at 16:02, GaelicFox said:

Not sure if we have one of these threads 

McGregor in NY tonight 

huge huge crowd of travelling paddies in NY thousands without tickets for the garden 

Huge undercard 

Wouldn’t get a toilet full of Irish people these days , attacking an old man in a Bar was the last straw

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Not as much of a genetic freak as Yoal or Costa lol

I got DC at heavyweight tbh.

The word is, Tony gonna be a replacement for Dustin or Khabib. Wouldn't be funny if Khabib and Tony made weight in the same card twice but failed to do the same in 4 different times.

Just watch Conor win 2 fights, add some excuses for Conor's benefit on why he didn't beat Khabib and you will have the MMA world excited again

Well they might have more than genetics getting them there :ph34r:lol

It probably will get made but I know Dana said last time it wouldn’t happen again, it’s happened too many times. To be honest, last few fights since his knee, I think Tony hasn’t looked the same. Don’t think it’s long before he finally loses. Think khabib wins it. 

I don’t know man, this is the first time he hasn’t had hordes of casuals that think he’d K.O Jon Jones sticking up for him. Genuinely think people are sick of him. He’s become so much of a parody as well. The build up to the khabib fight he went way to over the top and wasn’t even funny any more. 

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Wouldn’t get a toilet full of Irish people these days , attacking an old man in a Bar was the last straw

I’m pleasantly surprised to be honest. Thought he’d still have loads acting like the old guy was asking for it. General consensus over there is not good then? 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m pleasantly surprised to be honest. Thought he’d still have loads acting like the old guy was asking for it. General consensus over there is not good then? 

Hated and one of our top boxing prospects is offering to smack him about in the ring and looks like McGregor has accepted 

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Hated and one of our top boxing prospects is offering to smack him about in the ring and looks like McGregor has accepted 

Wow. How to go from hero to villain. Hopefully they go through with it (unmonetised and in a gym) and he gets bought back down to earth with a huge bang. As long as he doesn’t manage to exploit this one for his own monetary gain. 

20 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Wow. How to go from hero to villain. Hopefully they go through with it (unmonetised and in a gym) and he gets bought back down to earth with a huge bang. As long as he doesn’t manage to exploit this one for his own monetary gain. 

The guy is a cretin , probably the most hated guy in ireland right now 

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

The guy is a cretin , probably the most hated guy in ireland right now 

Fair play, and rightly so. Just sheer stupidity. I expect him to announce a fight in a couple of months to have it all blow over. But I don’t think people will forget this one. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueBrett

Speaking of Rogan...keep hearing him say Khabib is 'undoubtedly' the biggest Muslim sports star on the planet...I guess being American he's never heard of Mo Salah