Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I don’t know why people keep saying this, he really didn’t. Two fellas jumped in the ring with the sole intention of attacking him. One comes toward him ready to strike so he bops him to stop him, then the other comes from behind and clubs him at the side of the head. Then a third guy appears and tries grappling him. 

He punched a guy from Khabib's corner and started the fight inside the octagon. 

Conor kept talking, UFC didn't stop him. I saw on reddit that he said to Khabib" it's just business " in the middle of the fight but Khabib was not having any of it. 

In conclusion, Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Edited by the fox

14 minutes ago, the fox said:

He punched a guy from Khabib's corner and started the fight inside the octagon. 

Yeah he definitely started the fight and not the two guys actively leaping into the cage, I guess they just wanted to dance in there, my bad. 

14 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I don’t know why people keep saying this, he really didn’t. Two fellas jumped in the ring with the sole intention of attacking him. One comes toward him ready to strike so he bops him to stop him, then the other comes from behind and clubs him at the side of the head. Then a third guy appears and tries grappling him. 

Because when khabib jumped out the ring he jumped on the cage o go after khabib as did one of khabibs family members. Mcgregor turns round and starts throwing punches at khabibs family member before they get pulled off the cage. That’s why the other 2 jump in. You can see the first one run round to check on khabibs family member before going for mcgregor. 

12 hours ago, the fox said:

Conor kept talking, UFC didn't stop him. I saw on reddit that he said to Khabib" it's just business " in the middle of the fight but Khabib was not having any of it. 

In conclusion, Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

That's not incorrect to be fair to him, Khabib would have saved himself a lot of trouble if he'd just realised that simple fact. He spent the best part 4 rounds given McGregor and absolute shoeing for his trouble as well so it's not like he's not had his opportunity to Tw@t him in the face already. How people can even begin to defend or even start to justify anything he did post fight is an absolute mind boggler. And he's done himself more harm than anybody else by acting like that.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

In one of the rare times I agree with Dana White, he actually nailed it the other day when he said that the person that's taken the most damage out of this whole thing is Nurmagomedov. He'd already won the fight - he'd proved his point, and pretty emphatically so, even going so far as to score a knockdown on the striker. If he wanted to follow it up with a few post-match verbals, I don't think anyone would have been overly bothered, but he took it way too far, and is now risking a hefty fine, a probable suspension and potentially even being stripped of the title (although I think that's unlikely), and it's not even like he got anything out of it.

(Of course with all that said, who wouldn't want to smack Dillon Danis in the mouth if they got half a chance? I sure as hell would.)

• Like 1

As an aside, there's a really easy way to prevent this, and it's for the UFC to dictate that leaving the cage in the aftermath of the fight is an immediate DQ. It's becoming more and more frequent for fighters to do it, and there's literally no legitimate reason for it.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because when khabib jumped out the ring he jumped on the cage o go after khabib as did one of khabibs family members. Mcgregor turns round and starts throwing punches at khabibs family member before they get pulled off the cage. That’s why the other 2 jump in. You can see the first one run round to check on khabibs family member before going for mcgregor. 

Fair play it’s the first time I have seen that video. 

Its all a show by dana white.  He always comes out mr wise after controversay (surpriseeee) and shit still happens. If he was serious about clamping down its very easy to stop this nonsense. Clamping down results in less people talking about ufc after the fight. Clamping down makes it more boring.

Now everyone wants to see a rematch and anticipating a great fight or chaos again.

Dana said Khabib isn't getting stripped. He has a great market behind him (Muslims, East Europeans.. Etc) and his wrestling is fan-friendly. 

He looked super happy about the PPV numbers. When khabib posted a pic on insta with him standing in front of Dana's car, Dana responded with a laugh and "I'm telling your father". 

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Now everyone wants to see a rematch 

No, not everyone. Maybe casuals but as for more invested fans, we want to see him VS Tony. Khabib if he wins will have the title of "GOAT Lightweight" on lockdown. They are the 2 best Lightweights at the moment. I want to see that. 

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

nd anticipating a great fight

Khabib smokes him again. Conor can't close the gap between his wrestling and Khabib's enough to make it more competitive. 

People tend to miss the fact that Conor was cheating a lot. Fence grabs, glove grabs, short grabs, illegal knee.. Etc. 

When Khabib was working on the kimura, he called Dana to see what's gonna happene to Conor's arm. He was 100% trying to break his arm in front of the UFC president. He could've done it in 2-3 seconds if not for Conor cheating. 

Here's a kimura if anyone is interested. I didn't want to post a fighter breaking another's arm so this video will do. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Dana said Khabib isn't getting stripped. He has a great market behind him (Muslims, East Europeans.. Etc) and his wrestling is fan-friendly. 

He looked super happy about the PPV numbers. When khabib posted a pic on insta with him standing in front of Dana's car, Dana responded with a laugh and "I'm telling your father". 

No, not everyone. Maybe casuals but as for more invested fans, we want to see him VS Tony. Khabib if he wins will have the title of "GOAT Lightweight" on lockdown. They are the 2 best Lightweights at the moment. I want to see that. 

Khabib smokes him again. Conor can't close the gap between his wrestling and Khabib's enough to make it more competitive. 

People tend to miss the fact that Conor was cheating a lot. Fence grabs, glove grabs, short grabs, illegal knee.. Etc.

100% this. He was outclassed and well beaten. Even standing up Khabib rocked him. I’d go along with a rematch if it happens for the inevitable hype but I would expect the exact same result.

Meanwhile Cormier/Lewis has been announced for 230 hasn’t it. Should be a rumble. 

29 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Meanwhile Cormier/Lewis has been announced for 230 hasn’t it. Should be a rumble. 

I got DC for this. But can't help but feel sorry for Lewis. Hecan't recover and do a decent camp in less then a month. 

I think there are 2 reasons for this.

1-Dustin vs Diaz is off because the former was injured and they had to put someone there. 

2- after the crazy 229 card, the last thing they want (the UFC) is to lose the interest of the new fans. 

Really do wonder how McGregor lasted so long with Mayweather when you see how easy is he to hit, you'd be laughed at in a boxing ring if you tagged by a wild right like that. 

I know Floyd was out of shape and isn't a huge puncher but still.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Really do wonder how McGregor lasted so long with Mayweather when you see how easy is he to hit, you'd be laughed at in a boxing ring if you tagged by a wild right like that. 

I know Floyd was out of shape and isn't a huge puncher but still.

Floyd could've finished him when he wanted to, I think he just wanted to drag it out into more of a spectacle