Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

4 minutes ago, richm77 said:

It's just my opinion to say I am out right wrong is bit over the top, as a team we have been awful, last night we played how we played last year , same 442 pretty much same team and tactics and we won , if he fit in that well we wouldn't be where we are now. 30 million and did you see the miss against derby ?

I saw the miss and what up? Is he the only top flight striker that missed a sitter? Don't think so. And yes you are absolutely wrong, you won because Liverpool didn't have their lesson studied not because you played well.

2 hours ago, maddog said:

He'll bang in the goals and assists if the midfield works that hard around him.

Vardy and Okazaki have been completely inept all season and not really an option to play together if we are gonna create or score, one great game and now its Vardy and Okazaki are amazeballs and Slimani does not fit with our system so sell him!?!

Jebus wept 

If he fit in we would not be in this desperate situation, a 30 million pound striker should not miss chances like the derby one . Last night was the first time we used last years winning formula 442 and pressing, all season Claudio has changed formation the team and tactics first time we play how we know and that's what happens !!! No tinkering( he didn't tinker last season) 

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I saw the miss and what up? Is he the only top flight striker that missed a sitter? Don't think so. And yes you are absolutely wrong, you won because Liverpool didn't have their lesson studied not because you played well.

You won not we, do not a Leicester fan, so not seen us all season, your opinion based on paper talk and highlights , jog on

5 minutes ago, richm77 said:

You won not we, do not a Leicester fan, so not seen us all season, your opinion based on paper talk and highlights , jog on

I am a Sporting fan, but I saw Leicester play all season and I understand football and know what I am talking about. Liverpool just didn't have their lesson well studied.

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

noticed that he was straight down the tunnel at the end last night. (even quicker than musa and kapi). the other unused subs (king/zieler/leo)  hung around and went onto the pitch to celebrate with those who had played and been substituted who were taking the crowds applause.

hope he is just a bit peed off with not getting on rather than being upset that vards had scored a brace. 

1-I wouldn't really be happy with a 30million striker being ok with not getting any play time. But, he should've at least stayed for a little bit.

2- not that kind of person, I think he was just a little mad because the team was playing good for the first time in a long time and he thought he could get a goal.

Personally not been convinced at all since he joined .....has poor body language and nowhere near worth £30m.

His attitude generally is not the one of a top player he has a bloody awful first touch and have seen numerous examples where he been critical of young players on the pitch rather than encourage.

It will be no surprise to me if we see more of Ulloa than Slim under Shakey in the run in.

22 minutes ago, richm77 said:

If he fit in we would not be in this desperate situation, a 30 million pound striker should not miss chances like the derby one .

Last night was the first time we used last years winning formula 442 and pressing, all season Claudio has changed formation the team and tactics first time we play how we know and that's what happens !!! No tinkering( he didn't tinker last season) 

1-You keep going on and on about that. You can go to YouTube and see bigger players missing easier chances in a much bigger stage than the FA cup.

2-aha! Got you red handed, so, you are saying that he doesn't fit the formation /tactics that waer used for the first time since last season even though he didn't play in the game. So, how do you know that he won't work in this team.

He say  he isn't good enough in the best Leicester formation that he never played in

5 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Personally not been convinced at all since he joined .....has poor body language and nowhere near worth £30m.

His attitude generally is not the one of a top player he has a bloody awful first touch and have seen numerous examples where he been critical of young players on the pitch rather than encourage.

It will be no surprise to me if we see more of Ulloa than Slim under Shakey in the run in.

If Ulloa gets more pitch time than Slimani the world of football is lost. Ulloa is way worse than Slimani. And how do you want a player to perform good in a team that was playing pretty awful? Watch the Leicester vs Burnley game at home where he scored a brace. That is the real Slimani, and the one that played for Sporting week in and week out last season.

12 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I am a Sporting fan, but I saw Leicester play all season and I understand football and know what I am talking about. Liverpool just didn't have their lesson well studied.

You also realise you sold us a bag of nails for well over the odds. Unfortunately the English league is far superior to Portugal and adapting can be very difficult sadly.

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You also realise you sold us a bag of nails for well over the odds. Unfortunately the English league is far superior to Portugal and adapting can be very difficult sadly.

English league is far superior than Portuguese league, that is true. But you still took a beating against Porto, and didn't lose at home because Slimani scored you know... 

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

If Ulloa gets more pitch time than Slimani the world of football is lost. Ulloa is way worse than Slimani. And how do you want a player to perform good in a team that was playing pretty awful? Watch the Leicester vs Burnley game at home where he scored a brace. That is the real Slimani, and the one that played for Sporting week in adn week out last season.

In your opinion.....I have seen plenty of Leo and Slim and i think Ulloa is every bit an equal.

I believe that Slim will go at the end of the season.

Attitude, work rate and touch to date has been poor - I think the step up from Portuguese football is massive and he is just a big lump.

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

He was better then vardy when the team was struggling, so, why do you think that he will not be better in a good Leicester side (like against Liverpool)

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

In your opinion.....I have seen plenty of Leo and Slim and i think Ulloa is every bit an equal.

Attitude, work rate and touch to date has been poor - I think the step up from Portuguese football is massive and he is just a big lump.

How has his attitude been poor? Shown a lot of passion in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

One thing is opinions, other thing is a load of nonsense. That is what you just wrote. How can you say a striker that scored 27 league goals last season, 31 all competitions, is a big lump and equal to a striker that finds it difficult to score more than 10 goals a season? 

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

:facepalm::facepalm:

1 minute ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

How has his attitude been poor? Shown a lot of passion in my opinion

Well for a start he has only worked hard in a handful of games. He is sulky, has definitely ripped into youngsters (Chilwell and Gray) on at least 3 occasions and for me just has not justified his fee....only my opinion but a waste of money although not as bad as Musa

7 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Attitude and work rate poor? You've had a mare there mate. 

Looked the only one arsed a few times this season 

Slimani still hasn't had a consistent run in the team (and to be honest, I hope he doesn't as I don't want to see him and Vardy on the pitch together), which means Vardy is now doing well. 

I think Slimani will come good, but it may take an injury to Vardy to see this, so he gets that consistency.

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

That's how I have felt watching the £30m signing playing...:hopefully Vardy stays fit

:ph34r:

No need for the :ph34r:, Leicester paid 5-7 extra millions for him and he is yet to prove that price. But, giving that yesterday's vardy couldn't fined the back of the net to save his life, I would give time in an on form Leicester side (like yesterday) before I slate him.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Slimani still hasn't had a consistent run in the team (and to be honest, I hope he doesn't as I don't want to see him and Vardy on the pitch together), which means Vardy is now doing well. 

I think Slimani will come good, but it may take an injury to Vardy to see this, so he gets that consistency.

To be honest your best results, were when Slimani and Vardy were together on the pitch. Go check the statistics. Your run of bad results started when Slimani and Mahrez went to the CAN, now think.

Archived