Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

32 minutes ago, Goober said:

I really rate Slimani, but there were times last night where I thought he probably could have put a bit more effort in, especially with his fresh legs, but it was probably down to instructions as we know that Slimani does run his bollocks off when he has to. Shinji is the man but I still have faith in Slim. The fact Shakespeare still sees it fit to use him while binning Musa from the squad completely gives me hope that he's not finished here yet.

Don't see what he brings too us at all..awful on the deck,has no 1st touch.

barely wins a flick on or bullies defenders.

has scored with his head when the ball is on a plate.

even though we win, we can still highlight weak points..it's blatantly obvious we still lack a creative goal scoring number 10 (sigurdsson) Always room for improvement.

On 01/03/2017 at 17:24, Clever Fox said:

I haven't seen enough quality to justify 30 Million, But the he's basically playing with a handicap in he's had no pre season, has come into a new league and was quickly off to Afcon. He also has had very little support from midfield. Now that we have NDidi that may improve as he's quick and can get forward. The other alternative is that we play him with Musa along side him. I think that might get the best from both of them. But that would probably mean leaving out Vardy. 

I do think that if he is still here next year then he will do much better.

I just can't agree mi old mate. Not really. Ndidi cost half what Slim did (not Slims fault), is 20 yrs old, has not had the experience that Slimani has, yet looks to have been playing for us for years. He had no pre season to bed in or anything like that. It's about time we saw what Slim can do.

42 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Don't see what he brings too us at all..awful on the deck,has no 1st touch.

barely wins a flick on or bullies defenders.

has scored with his head when the ball is on a plate.

even though we win, we can still highlight weak points..it's blatantly obvious we still lack a creative goal scoring number 10 (sigurdsson) Always room for improvement.

And this is the definition of don't understanding anything about football.

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

And this is the definition of don't understanding anything about football.

He was bloody awful last night, doesn't win headers, stands round waving his arms around. It's a noble effort from you to defend him but he's been truly hopeless for us.

Thankfully it looks like he's off back to Sporting in the summer - no suprise we're playing much better now we're not buggering around with trying to play Slim behind Vardy.

I think he could be a good player but I just cannot see how its going to work out for him here. Same with Musa and Mendy. I think CR was trying to change our tactics and Slimani was part of that plan. Now we have reverted back to our old style of play, he just doesn’t slot into that system, unless Vardy is unavailable. Ulloa is not a better player, when Vardy was out last year and we had Ulloa and Oka up front we looked very blunt, but at the start of this year when we were playing half decent and Slimani filled in for Vardy he did look promising.

Was the same with Kramaric, had talent but not sure he’ll come good at this club! If Chinese club come in for him in the summer I would try and recoup the money – and go for a younger striker, Tammy Abraham from Chelsea looks a great prospect but doubt they would let him go. 

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He was bloody awful last night, doesn't win headers, stands round waving his arms around. It's a noble effort from you to defend him but he's been truly hopeless for us.

Thankfully it looks like he's off back to Sporting in the summer - no suprise we're playing much better now we're not buggering around with trying to play Slim behind Vardy.

That was funny, you were struggling because you played Slimani and Vardy yet he only has 15 games played all season? That is such a lie. He was good yesterday, he linked up well, held the ball up well, made pressure and was involved in almost all your attacks. 

Just now, Eagle10 said:

That was funny, you were struggling because you played Slimani and Vardy yet he only has 15 games played all season? That is such a lie. He was good yesterday, he linked up well, held the ball up well, made pressure and was involved in almost all your attacks. 

You literally didn't watch the game.

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

no suprise we're playing much better now we're not buggering around with trying to play Slim behind Vardy.

I think the reason has more to do with Ranieri going. We've won quite a few games with Vardy and Slimani on the pitch. The reason we are playing better is because we are actually playing positively as opposed to hoofing it to Slim and Vardy for 90 minutes and shitting the bed at the back. 

He's been no worse than most of the team this season. Did Slim not sign your autograph book or something? :P 

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I think you were the one that didn't watch. It was Leicester vs Sevilla for the Champions League, maybe you are talking about another game who knows.

It's fine mate - you're having him back in the summer.

I've watched a fair few of our more matches than you and he doesn't fit our style nor the Premier League. Bas Dost has scored 22 goals in 22 games in Portugal so that shows you how bad the standard is.

Needs time and service not had as many full games as people think will only get better . Like all the boys in the right system. They had been written of drop wes Huth vardy  mahrez Fuchs Simpson . Some right miserable impatient bleeders on here ?

I still think Slimani has attributes to benefit the team and in other games has shown what he can bring to the table, but last night, he was nowhere near his best, was frustrating, and frankly, rubbish. There was zero effort, barely challenged in the air and when he did, I think he only won one duel. It was like having Chris Wood back in the side. For a big chap, you expect more from him in the air and with physicality but it was just frustrating to watch.

Whatever your opinion though, We got over the line and got the job done. Onwards and upwards instead of nitpicking negatives.

9 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I think it's unfair on all our players to start really judge them too poorly right now (I know you weren't, Eagle10). Everyone sucked until recently. Slimani is one yellow away from suspension in the CL, so he couldn't play too aggressively last night. We had a 2-0 lead; I would have put in Ulloa...

30 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I still think Slimani has attributes to benefit the team and in other games has shown what he can bring to the table, but last night, he was nowhere near his best, was frustrating, and frankly, rubbish. There was zero effort, barely challenged in the air and when he did, I think he only won one duel. It was like having Chris Wood back in the side. For a big chap, you expect more from him in the air and with physicality but it was just frustrating to watch.

Whatever your opinion though, We got over the line and got the job done. Onwards and upwards instead of nitpicking negatives.

I didn't find him frustrating nor rubbish at all. I thought he did ok tbh, he had atrocious games just like all players do, but yesterday wasn't one of them.

35 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It's fine mate - you're having him back in the summer.

I've watched a fair few of our more matches than you and he doesn't fit our style nor the Premier League. Bas Dost has scored 22 goals in 22 games in Portugal so that shows you how bad the standard is.

We don't have the money to buy him again, but if we could we wouldn't think twice, and you would see that the problem isn't in him. Here he was a beast.

10 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

We don't have the money to buy him again, but if we could we wouldn't think twice, and you would see that the problem isn't in him. Here he was a beast.

His agent has already been talking to you....and therein lies the problem.....a best in Portugal is not a beast in England. The Russian league is now higher rated than yours and Ahmed Musa scored goals there!

I actually rate Slim. But it's clear he isn't made for THIS team. We don't need a target man to start, only to come on and help see games out/throw the kitchen sink at the end of games. We have Leo, and if he goes a cheap replacement can be bought in. If we can recoup our £30m, I'd be tempted to let him go... but like I say, I do rate him as a player.

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

His agent has already been talking to you....and therein lies the problem.....a best in Portugal is not a beast in England. The Russian league is now higher rated than yours and Ahmed Musa scored goals there!

One thing is scoring goals another is scoring 27 goals and being in the top 7 strikers in the world as he was last season. He was placed 5 or 6 in the Golden Boot.

3 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

One thing is scoring goals another is scoring 27 goals and being in the top 7 strikers in the world as he was last season. He was placed 5 or 6 in the Golden Boot.

So was Mateja Kezman when he went to Chelsea and was then hopeless.....being good in one league doesn't make you the 'best in the world'

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

So was Mateja Kezman when he went to Chelsea and was then hopeless.....being good in one league doesn't make you the 'best in the world'

Never said he was the best in the world, but a pretty good striker he is. The thing is our league was easy for him, and PL has the perfect characteristics for a player with his qualities, maybe he just isn't in the right team.

Slimani's damn good, but like many of you have said, I'm not sure he fits Leicester's style of play at the moment. Now, I also think Mahrez would be two times more effective in a possession-based side, but he's still very effective in this Leicester side, so Slimani could grow into it. He needs a run of games though and I'm not sure he'll be given it while Vardy's playing the way he is. 

Archived