Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

I haven't seen enough quality to justify 30 Million, But the he's basically playing with a handicap in he's had no pre season, has come into a new league and was quickly off to Afcon. He also has had very little support from midfield. Now that we have NDidi that may improve as he's quick and can get forward. The other alternative is that we play him with Musa along side him. I think that might get the best from both of them. But that would probably mean leaving out Vardy. 

I do think that if he is still here next year then he will do much better.

When Slimani came on today, Vardy dropped into the number 10 role. Quite interesting, because surely he was signed to replace Ulloa and compete with Shinji for that role.

Maybe Slimani's future is rotating with Vardy at CF. I don't think Slim tracks back enough to play Shinji's role.

Definately need to sign someone in the summer to compete with Shinji, either an out and out number 10, or a player that has similar attributes to Shinji.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks light on confidence. Did alright when he was on, but should have done better with his chance. Looked like he tried to take it round the keeper but could have just shot. 

As others mentioned in the match thread when he came on he played as the 9 with Vardy as the 10 and IMO this worked quite well. It gave us a big man up front to hit as the outlet (though Slimani is quite weak at this for a target man who is so good with his head), and still let's Vardy hit teams on the break. 

Will be be interesting to see what happens. I feel like a team built to his strengths would get 15-20 goals a season out of him, but I'm not sure we are that club. 

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Slimani has to go in the summer, without a doubt. £30M and missing a golden opportunity to put this tie to bed.

He will never score 20 goals a season for us, offload a.s.a.p.

What about the 3 vardy missed?

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Slimani has to go in the summer, without a doubt. £30M and missing a golden opportunity to put this tie to bed.

Vardy's chance was easier but no one is bothered about that? Ok.!

15 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

lol.

Ah yes, we go through to the quarters. Better talk shit about Slimani for missing one chance even though he helped us get here. 

30 million and he aint scored 510 goals in a side that just remembered how to play football. GERRIM OUT. 

I'm not sure why some people even watch football.  To put this bluntly...

If you cannot enjoy this season and last you will literally never enjoy football and may as well go home.

Obviously that doesn't mean you can never have a constructive opinion but focusing on this, of all things, from last night's game just seems ridiculous.  Life as a Leicester City fan will NEVER be better than this.  Cut yourself some slack and allow some joy. X

4 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

In the last 8 of europe with  the big names  and ppl want someone to slate. 

More than happy to say, simulataneously if you like, that I'm overjoyed we're in the final 8, and that Slimani continues to look miles off a thirty million pound, top striker.

Bloody good job that Vardy never went to Arsenal to be honest.

3 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Keep moaning Col.   It all helps

You see it as moaning mate, I see it as discussing where we are doing well, and where we are doing not so well.

This is a football forum, if you wish to revel in elation for the next month, keep playing back repeats of last nights victory.

Its a great day for the club and its fans... made even more so for those winning a nice wedge on the result.

Discussing Slimani (in the Slimani thread of all places)...is discussing Slimani

Elation and discussion can co exist.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

More than happy to say, simulataneously if you like, that I'm overjoyed we're in the final 8, and that Slimani continues to look miles off a thirty million pound, top striker.

Bloody good job that Vardy never went to Arsenal to be honest.

Who knows. Maybe if Vardy left, we would have played Slimani up front and played to his strengths like Sporting did. Injuries haven't helped obviously, but neither did Ranieri playing him behind Vardy when it is clear he doesn't belong there. 

Just like Vardy, he needs to play in an attacking confident team and we were anything but that until 3 games ago. A lot of our Summer signings were doomed from the start. Hopefully Shakespeare/new manager in the Summer gets the best out of them.

I really rate Slimani, but there were times last night where I thought he probably could have put a bit more effort in, especially with his fresh legs, but it was probably down to instructions as we know that Slimani does run his bollocks off when he has to. Shinji is the man but I still have faith in Slim. The fact Shakespeare still sees it fit to use him while binning Musa from the squad completely gives me hope that he's not finished here yet.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Who knows. Maybe if Vardy left, we would have played Slimani up front and played to his strengths like Sporting did. Injuries haven't helped obviously, but neither did Ranieri playing him behind Vardy when it is clear he doesn't belong there. 

Just like Vardy, he needs to play in an attacking confident team and we were anything but that until 3 games ago. A lot of our Summer signings were doomed from the start. Hopefully Shakespeare/new manager in the Summer gets the best out of them.

I think he was played up front last night.... against 10 men.... With the crowd right behind the team?

He had some good moments with Mahrez but as we haven't signed a proper number 10 who can come on for Okazaki when he's spent? No one else can do that job for the team. When Slimani came on last night Vardy ended up dropping deeper losing so you're going to lose the intensity up front. He did a better job than he normally does when dropping deep but the fact is neither are link players so I can't see the partnership ever working.

Just now, filthyfox said:

I think he was played up front last night.... against 10 men.... With the crowd right behind the team?

And he helped to create chances and relieve pressure. Maybe he would have scored had he been in those two positions Vardy had, the free header and free shot but we'll forget about those.

5 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

When he entered you were already winning 2-0, you were trying to defend the advantage, pretty normal he didn't score. But he played well, linked up very well and held the Ball up, could have done better with his chance but he was trying to round the keeper which if it worked was a good decision, but it wasn't a clear cut chance like Vardy misses 3 cough cough

20 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The first post post-Sevilla is yours and how it is formulated leads me to think you started that shit because you wanted to have a go at him. The way you upvote anyone who's slagging him, confim this.

As he came on, he linked up well with those upfront, put a shift defensively and was at the start of the counter-attack Vardy should have finished as well as he himself should have scored when he had the occasion. Other than, that he did the job. He wasn't worse or better than anyone else on the pitch. Choke on it.

Slimani will come good. The price tag has weighed him down it's clear to see. 

I've watched every game bar one or two this season, for a big man he does work hard. If he'd have been with us last season he'd have hit 20 goals.

We'll see how it plays out but I certainly wouldn't rule him out now we've learned how to play again ?

Archived