Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

8 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Once fit again (he isn't a sick note) he will offer something different when we reach 60/70 mins and Vardy is exhausted and we go to 4-5-1. I must admit, he's a bit expensive to play that type of role, but we can't drop Oka after that performance last night!

You can't be serious... How can you prefer okazaki to slimani? Slimani is wayyyyy better not even close, I think you leicester fans don't want win by writing those kindle of statements.

8 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Would be a risk to sell him now as an injuries to our other strikers would cause issues. But he doesn't really fit with our style of play so maybe cashing in is the best move 

There just shows how much you understand about football or your style of play. It is the complete opposite, if there is a team that fits Slimani style of play is Leicester. He can get to the end of the crosses, he can hold the Ball, he can score and those are the key things you bought him for.

He'll bang in the goals and assists if the midfield works that hard around him.

Vardy and Okazaki have been completely inept all season and not really an option to play together if we are gonna create or score, one great game and now its Vardy and Okazaki are amazeballs and Slimani does not fit with our system so sell him!?!

Jebus wept 

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

He'll bang in the goals and assists if the midfield works that hard around him.

Vardy and Okazaki have been completely inept all season and not really an option to play together if we are gonna create or score, one great game and now its Vardy and Okazaki are amazeballs and Slimani does not fit with our system so sell him!?!

Jebus wept 

Vardy and Okazaki *not pressing* upfield are a liability. 

Together, when pressing, they produce.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Vardy and Okazaki *not pressing* upfield are a liability. 

Together, when pressing, they produce.

Many a game last season when we were 'pressing' Okazaki was subbed off at half time because his 'effort' whilst credible was mainly useless.

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

...and in a greater number of games, Okazaki was integral to our success.

Not enough goals and assists to be integral in my view and far too much falling over :P

But yes it was probably his best game in a Leicester shirt yesterday, I can't think of one better anyway.

6 minutes ago, maddog said:

Not enough goals and assists to be integral in my view and far too much falling over :P

But yes it was probably his best game in a Leicester shirt yesterday, I can't think of one better anyway.

Fair enough - he can certainly seem like a bit of passenger at times.

I think yesterday rivaled CP from this season for his best match. 

Now is not the time to discuses selling players. We just won our first game and scored our first goal in 2 months and the window is not even open. We need to do more than just one win, to prove it was not another false dawn, to get into the comfort of mid table obscurity.

As others have said, I am excited to see him in a team that is actually playing well. He is such a good finisher and will be huge threat from set plays. 

Last night was tailor made for Vardy but there will be occassions, probably against Hull, where they sit deep, and we will need to rely on less direct methods. This is where I think Slimani will be invaluable and score us some very important goals.  

Also think Ulloa will have a part to play. No one is better than him at winning headers and flick ons and he can slow a game right down by holding up the ball.

Slimani if we need a goal. Ulloa if we need to defend a lead and kill the game off. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

As others have said, I am excited to see him in a team that is actually playing well. He is such a good finisher and will be huge threat from set plays. 

Last night was tailor made for Vardy but there will be occassions, probably against Hull, where they sit deep, and we will need to rely on less direct methods. This is where I think Slimani will be invaluable and score us some very important goals.  

Also think Ulloa will have a part to play. No one is better than him at winning headers and flick ons and he can slow a game right down by holding up the ball.

Slimani if we need a goal. Ulloa if we need to defend a lead and kill the game off. 

last night after the first 20 minute Liverpool tried to get composure - and fullbacks Kline and Milner were up on the winds - leaving vardy and two lumber fullbacks - it was like they hadn't done their prep. The first ball thru to vardy should have warned them... the second produced the goal...

You are right - there will be teams who sit back... where and early cross from mahrez (or grey) or albrighton will be the way thru.   

Slimani offers a threat we don't have if the opponents  sit deep.  (I expect Mahrez to be swapped for grey in time - I hope Slimani won't get the hump!  However my belief is that Mahrez is often double marked and so he woudl be better to dross early as he ddi for slimanis goal agains west brom.... so maybe mahrez might be more useful to us with slimani on... I can'tr see grey seeking slimani out)

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

last night after the first 20 minute Liverpool tried to get composure - and fullbacks Kline and Milner were up on the winds - leaving vardy and two lumber fullbacks - it was like they hadn't done their prep. The first ball thru to vardy should have warned them... the second produced the goal...

You are right - there will be teams who sit back... where and early cross from mahrez (or grey) or albrighton will be the way thru.   

Slimani offers a threat we don't have if the opponents  sit deep.  (I expect Mahrez to be swapped for grey in time - I hope Slimani won't get the hump!  However my belief is that Mahrez is often double marked and so he woudl be better to dross early as he ddi for slimanis goal agains west brom.... so maybe mahrez might be more useful to us with slimani on... I can'tr see grey seeking slimani out)

I would like to see Gray start on the left and Albrighton switched to the right against Hull, with Slimani and Mahrez to come on at some point.

I agree that Slimani and Mahrez have a great understanding and should be on the pitch together to get the best out of both of them. 

13 minutes ago, richm77 said:

He doesn't fit into our style of play , he plays high up the pitch, accommodating the space we run into on the counter. Forget his ability we can make 10million on a player that don't fit in our team 

Our style of play doesn't work with teams that sit deep against us. Liverpool and Man City played right into our hands with their tactics.

There will be occassions and have been already this season, where we will need to find a different way to break down the opposition. Having someone who is so lethal in the box is a great asset to have.

I think we should wait and see how he does in a team performing to the levels it was last night before we considering selling him. 

1 hour ago, richm77 said:

He doesn't fit into our style of play , he plays high up the pitch, accommodating the space we run into on the counter. Forget his ability we can make 10million on a player that don't fit in our team 

If you actually think that than you are absolutely wrong, because that couldn't be  further from truth.

He fits your style of play better than any of your strikers with Vardy being the exception.

noticed that he was straight down the tunnel at the end last night. (even quicker than musa and kapi). the other unused subs (king/zieler/leo)  hung around and went onto the pitch to celebrate with those who had played and been substituted who were taking the crowds applause.

hope he is just a bit peed off with not getting on rather than being upset that vards had scored a brace. 

11 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

If you actually think that than you are absolutely wrong, because that couldn't be  further from truth.

He fits your style of play better than any of your strikers with Vardy being the exception.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

noticed that he was straight down the tunnel at the end last night. (even quicker than musa and kapi). the other unused subs (king/zieler/leo)  hung around and went onto the pitch to celebrate with those who had played and been substituted who were taking the crowds applause.

hope he is just a bit peed off with not getting on rather than being upset that vards had scored a brace. 

It's just my opinion to say I am out right wrong is bit over the top, as a team we have been awful, last night we played how we played last year , same 442 pretty much same team and tactics and we won , if he fit in that well we wouldn't be where we are now. 30 million and did you see the miss against derby ?

Archived