Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Your just a hater right? All your posts were like facepalm... Not even opinion just nonsense

Not at all.......an opinion on a £30m striker who is 29 and added little imo. I don't believe we needed a striker like him as it does not suit the way we play and personally would rather have seen a quality No 10 and a Vardy type who can fill in for him. We had a target man in Leo who I think has adapted to the prem and should have been the target option like he was last season.

You may not like it or agree but he has been ordinary imo.

Just now, Old Fox said:

Not at all.......an opinion on a £30m striker who is 29 and added little imo. I don't believe we needed a striker like him as it does not suit the way we play and personally would rather have seen a quality No 10 and a Vardy type who can fill in for him. We had a target man in Leo who I think has adapted to the prem and should have been the target option like he was last season.

Dude how can you say that? I don't understand some people's minds. He has the most participation in your goals, and when he went to the CAN was when you started to have that bad run of results. And by the way he is 28 ;) Just shows how much you know about him, I have the impression you are talking about other player tbh.

I think we should select our starting line ups based more on the opposition. Claudio never did this as our manager. Some teams you just can't play 'in behind' this season. They don't give you that space. (Hull will demonstrate this on Saturday). Although I'd be loathed to take Vardy out of the side as he is on a run, it might be the perfect game for Slimani. We'll see how cute our man on the touch line is (whoever that may be come Saturday)

10 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Well for a start he has only worked hard in a handful of games. He is sulky, has definitely ripped into youngsters (Chilwell and Gray) on at least 3 occasions and for me just has not justified his fee....only my opinion but a waste of money although not as bad as Musa

, he has an attitude problem because he didn't justify his fee. Hhmmm:nono:

Slimani was better than vardy when Leicester was playing bad but people refuse to believe that he could actually be great in a better side. Stop looking at the price tag. He has less than desirable feet but it's not like okazaki and vardy are much better.

8 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

To be honest your best results, were when Slimani and Vardy were together on the pitch. Go check the statistics. Your run of bad results started when Slimani and Mahrez went to the CAN, now think.

Mate, I was actually endorsing Slimani. I do think he'll come good. If he is still here next season, and not sulking, and we're still in the Prem, which is a prerequisite, there's every chance he'll show his potential and justify his value. 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Mate, I was actually endorsing Slimani. I do think he'll come good. If he is still here next season, and not sulking, and we're still in the Prem, which is a prerequisite, there's every chance he'll show his potential and justify his value. 

Yes I understood your point. I was just saying that they can play together.

Again like Musa Slimani could be much more effective now that there is a bit of confidence back in the team.

He's not that great on the ball but he's been one of our better players this season for all his flaws. Was impressed with him against Boro trying to get the crowd going late on.

His next game will be interesting.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Slimani was better than vardy when Leicester was playing bad but people refuse to believe that he could actually be great in a better side. Stop looking at the price tag. He has less than desirable feet but it's not like okazaki and vardy are much better.

Vardy's feet are 100000x better than Slim's. 

I like Slimani, I think given time he'll actually work out in this team. Don't see why he can't do what Shinji does for us.

But he's shit dribbling, couldn't take on a five year old and keep the ball. Don't think he's great finishing with his feet either, there's a reason 99% of his goals even for a dominant Sporting team against Portuguese pub team defences came with his noodle.

He's basically the absolute reverse of Riyad. Great work rate, great physique, fierce, great in the air, bollocks footballer.

Vardy meanwhile is very under rated in possession. People think he's just good at running without the ball and then smashing it. He's actually a reasonably tidy technical footballer. Obviously not like Mahrez or Gray but clearly not all that non-league either.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I like Slimani, I think given time he'll actually work out in this team. Don't see why he can't do what Shinji does for us.

But he's shit dribbling, couldn't take on a five year old and keep the ball. Don't think he's great finishing with his feet either, there's a reason 99% of his goals even for a dominant Sporting team against Portuguese pub team defences came with his noodle.

He's basically the absolute reverse of Riyad. Great work rate, great physique, fierce, great in the air, bollocks footballer.

Vardy meanwhile is very under rated in possession. People think he's just good at running without the ball and then smashing it. He's actually a reasonably tidy technical footballer. Obviously not like Mahrez or Gray but clearly not all that non-league either.

That is false. Slimani is one of Sporting ever best scorer agaisnt the big terms, Porto and Benfica. If you didn't watch portuguese league don't comment because what you just said was false.

Slimani feet aren't the best, but he has better feet than what most here are saying, I will repeat myself but go watch the game against Burnley at home and against West Ham.

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

, there's a reason 99% of his goals even for a dominant Sporting team against Portuguese pub team defences came with his noodle.

1-Come on now, he had better feet but not THAT much better. But i agree slim is not that good of a dribbler

2- he is!, but that doesn't always translation to good feet, and I agree that vardy is a good technical dribbler

But what I disagree on is what you said about his feet, he is a good finisher 

4 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

That is false. Slimani is one of Sporting ever best scorer agaisnt the big terms, Porto and Benfica. If you didn't watch portuguese league don't comment because what you just said was false.

Slimani feet aren't the best, but he has better feet than what most here are saying, I will repeat myself but go watch the game against Burnley at home and against West Ham.

Nobody's saying he doesn't score goals, obviously my taking the piss out of the defending in your league was hyperbole, I'm not being completely literal.

But it doesn't change the fact that most of his goals were either headed or very close range, first time finishes. That's his game, the six yard box.

There's nothing wrong with that. He still doesn't have great feet, he's got the touch of a sex offender and dribbling skills that make Daniel Amartey look like Leo Messi.

Again, that's fine, his strengths are elsewhere. We didn't sign him to dribble. I was literally just responding to a statement that his footballing skills were comparable to Vards which is a load of rubbish. Vardy can beat a man, Slim can't.

11 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

I saw the miss and what up? Is he the only top flight striker that missed a sitter? Don't think so. And yes you are absolutely wrong, you won because Liverpool didn't have their lesson studied not because you played well.

I understand that you like Slim a lot but this is 100% bollox mate lol 

I wanted to like him, hell I even called my FIFA Ultimate Team Slimvahrez! But the moaning attitude, the bambi on ice first touch etc got me thinking, he is not even an upgrade on Ulloa, he scored a lot in Portugal yes, but he was in a team in the top 3 in the league and basically there are only 3 decent teams in the league, he slows us down a lot and I don't really feel he is for us, I would make what we can for him in the Summer.

Completely agree with Old Fox.

At 30 million quid, 29 yrs old, a sick note and with little pace, this signing is looking like a bad one. Sell in the summer, recoup some losses (unless he goes to China, we'll not get anywhere near back what we paid) and get in a top young English striker, maybe from the lower leagues, to develop. 

11 hours ago, Old Fox said:

He's not added anything? How do our fans fail to realise he's been in the top goal scoring charts of Europe for how many consecutive seasons.

You may not like it but he's had 13 appearances scored 5 times and assisted 6. That isn't ordinary. 

Let's just see what shakey does next game and see what happens re slim...

im I the only one excited at the prospect of a confident vards and for slim up front together!

shakey got the team back to working really hard (especially vards), pressing teams, not allowing oppo to turn etc and its clear to see players responded to that and energy was much improved!

hull won't go forward as much so will need slim with his back to goal and link up with vards and wingers

I've got to say I haven't been impressed. He might turn out to be alright, but I doubt he's ever going to look like a £15m player, never mind £30m. He really doesn't look any better than Ulloa to me. If Vardy and Okazaki carry on their form from Monday, he won't get a look in, anyway.

Archived