Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's he got to go to hold Mahrez's hand or something?

Hope we get rrid of Slimani at the earliest opportunity, we don't need a fcuking sick note at the club, must have been an underlying problem when he signed. A rushed medical perhaps? as he was given time off from international duties when he had his medical and signed - his old club must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I thought he had been bought in to be Mahrez's "goat" in the same way that a racehorses sometimes get a goat (or donkey) for a companion lol. We'll miss his goals, not much left in attack now really fear the worst now, we may have had a slim (no pun intended)  chance with him on form..

surely there has to be a risk reward decision - i..e if he play we risk his injury worsening yet we might actually score.  Or, we don't play him - then he still has the injury and our season gets worse. WE pay his wages and should have the right to play him if we think the risk worthwhile.  I would have though he would be demanding to play (...unless he thinks itr will be awkward nigh?).  

Ranieri should put him on the bench and bring him on in second half if we are not already leading.    

At this point in our season we have to use what ever assets we have.  I was hoping to see mahrez (who gets more ball when shinji is on), Shinji and Slim all on the field.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Could just be mind games, thought he looked ok at Swansea.

To me it is mind game. Jorge Jesus Sporting manager does this all the time in important matches,says an important layer isn't fit but then he plays.

If he was injured he would've not traveled. He would've stayed in England to make his recovery go as fast as possible. Claudio is not rushing him back but he is keeping him  close to his teammates so he can increase the chemistry.

I would rather him miss this game and be 100% fit for the next 12 league games.

Edit: he trained with the team. So, I still think Claudio is just not risking him.

IMG_9u7cbg.jpg

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

So i'm scratching my head here...why has he travelled?

Awesome. So we aren't going to score then. As much as everything seemed to smile to us last year,nothing clicks this year. 

Thought an ITK in here said he was faking injuries to play the big games. This is a big one. 

No goals for us tomorrow then, not that Slim would have had much to go off other than Morgan cunting it out of play.

Hopefully back for next match but our medical department has gone right down the shitter.

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Thought an ITK in here said he was faking injuries to play the big games. This is a big one. 

No goals for us tomorrow then, not that Slim would have had much to go off other than Morgan cunting it out of play.

Hopefully back for next match but our medical department has gone right down the shitter.

He is training with the team (see the pic in my previous comment). Claudio just being careful so he doesn't get injured again.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So i'm scratching my head here...why has he travelled?

Or it's Ranieri playing mind games ahead of tomorrow's game - with Slimani on the bench, coming on as a surprising sub?

I agree Slimani may not have shown the true value of a £30 million player but he surely doesn't warrant some of the criticism he gets. He does try and when he has played has looked a threat. Give him time, I don't think we'll ever see the £30 million guy we hoped for but if he does stay fit, he could be a positive Impact on our season and future. He might even convince Riyad to stay!

5 minutes ago, ManLikeVardy said:

He's crap. You expect a target man to have better control and hold up play. We need to go back to last season's system, Slimani off the bench if we are struggling witth compact defences, can always cross to his head.

There is no way he is crap, not having that. He's looked a very threatening player and his goal return isn't brilliant but its okay for his first season in the Premier League and considering he's been playing injured/with niggles and not fully fit, in a side playing badly offering him very little service.

I would say Musa is crap, I'd put Slimani in our best three players with Mahrez and Kasper. 

9 hours ago, ManLikeVardy said:

He's crap. You expect a target man to have better control and hold up play. We need to go back to last season's system, Slimani off the bench if we are struggling witth compact defences, can always cross to his head.

Playing last season's system is the reason we're in this current predicament. Other teams know that system all too well. In my opinion, long balls to Vardy and Okazaki, and relying on our defence to keep us in games is how we'll be relegated.

We look much better when Slim is on the pitch. 

Archived