Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

17 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Any player wanting to hack it in the pl needs a good first touch. .. and fwds must dribble with the ball to draw the foul  (or protect it)... not play kick and run.  Slim and musa fail these tests

Slim is actually decent at protecting the ball and is PL standard. Our problem with slim is we use him wrong. 

You can probably say Musa isn't PL standard and you wouldn't be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

Slim is actually decent at protecting the ball and is PL standard. Our problem with slim is we use him wrong. 

You can probably say Musa isn't PL standard and you wouldn't be wrong.

I think slim has potential.... but in 18mths i havent seen improvement.  This suggests he needs to work harder.... in particular he needs to improver upper body strength and first touch ... these are do-able but he hasnt shown improvement

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What we paid for Musa, and are paying him every week, I'm afraid is now proving nothing short of scandalous really.

He must wake up every morning wondering how the Hell he has generated so much wealth as a footballer.

I'm afraid it's looking like CSKA must have seen us coming.

Where's your proof he's a footballer? lol

46 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think slim has potential.... but in 18mths i havent seen improvement.  This suggests he needs to work harder.... in particular he needs to improver upper body strength and first touch ... these are do-able but he hasnt shown improvement

It's really hard to make improvement when you don't play to the player's strengths and you focus one player's style of play. On top of that we hardly play him in the league. Even with that he still has scored 1 in every 2.5 games for us. 

I'm going to boldly say that you put Slim in another type of team that he would have a better goal return on average than Vardy. He just needs the right coach and team. Having him run down balls like Okazaki isn't his game. 

Edited by TheHitman™
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I'm going to boldly say that you put Slim in another type of team that he would have a better goal return on average than Vardy. He just needs the right coach and team. Having him run down balls like Okazaki isn't his game. 

You may be right... but more upper body strength and a better first touch wouldnt make him a worse prem player

• Like 1

Just had a look at our fixtures and we play 7 times in 20 days so that will be a huge strain on our first team.

Looking at the squad we only have Albrighton, Mahrez, Gray and Musa (possibly Chilwell) who can play wide midfield. These boys will have to be managed properly but it will be telling how Puel rates Musa if he can't be trusted to take some of the workload in the next three weeks.