Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

1 hour ago, TheHitman™ said:

There's a difference between consistently performing and just scoring a random goal against a big team. Musa has made a habit against it. 

He’s scored 1 past Madrid, 2 past Man City and 1 past Man United. 

Musa has 6 champions league goals. That hardly qualifies as a habit

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

lol bit cheeky including the Manchester united one it was for burton Albion and they were 6-0 Down at the time not really the same as champions league is it?

8 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

So basically your argument is that you hope he’s good?

It's not an arguement but yeah I hope he comes good. Like I do with all Leicester players.

Unlike some on here I take no pleasure in watching a leicester player fail to make the grade especially one who's absolutely once in life time lighting quick.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

6 champions league goals Plus his 13 international goals and 2 World Cup goals in those 13 against the #2 national team in the World at the time.

Either way there is a player in there. Obviously he doesn't fit here but he isn't a terrible player like some here think he is.

• Like 2

I love Musa.  Always have.  Have said it before many times.  Am contributing nothing to this conversation analytically.

I dont care about his faults or his failings.  Will stand by him to the death.  Man tried to appease his wife by maintaining the marriage whilst marrying his mistress.  Man can score goals.

2 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

6 champions league goals Plus his 13 international goals and 2 World Cup goals in those 13 against the #2 national team in the World at the time.

Either way there is a player in there. Obviously he doesn't fit here but he isn't a terrible player like some here think he is.

You must be Musa's agent or dad, I'm convinced of it.

Never seen somebody have so much faith in the face of so much evidence to the contrary.

On a side note Lloyd Dyer >>>>>>> Musa

44 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I have seen the guy for the Nigerian national team and a few of his games in Russia enough to know that there is a player in there.

I don't think he is a good fit for Leicester at all but he is a footballer. He's not world class but he isn't League 1 standard either. All I'm saying is he isn't as terrible as you are making him out to be.

Spurs fans were saying the same thing about Paulinho and look at how well Paulinho is doing with the Brazilian NT and Barcelona. Same thing with Iago Aspas and Liverpool, Aspas is scoring goals for fun in Celta Vigo. Simone Zaza was absolute garbage last season with West Ham but is brilliant with Valencia who are now 2nd in La Liga. What I'm getting at is not all players fit with certain teams. Like I said, it's ok you don't rate him but he wouldn't be scoring against teams of that level if didn't have any footballing ability.

He’s shit mate.

• Like 3

I have seen the guy for the Nigerian national team and a few of his games in Russia enough to know that there is a player in there.

I don't think he is a good fit for Leicester at all but he is a footballer. He's not world class but he isn't League 1 standard either. All I'm saying is he isn't as terrible as you are making him out to be.

Spurs fans were saying the same thing about Paulinho and look at how well Paulinho is doing with the Brazilian NT and Barcelona. Same thing with Iago Aspas and Liverpool, Aspas is scoring goals for fun in Celta Vigo. Simone Zaza was absolute garbage last season with West Ham but is brilliant with Valencia who are now 2nd in La Liga. What I'm getting at is not all players fit with certain teams. Like I said, it's ok you don't rate him but he wouldn't be scoring against teams of that level if didn't have any footballing ability.

Fair enough, if you've seen games of his in different teams different circumstances and were impressed, I'll accept what you're saying.

You are right as well, I've thought from day one he was going to be a flop, didn't think he had the attributes or quality for the PL (and got savaged for it on here), he was going to have to win me round. But he's still been a whole lot worse than I was expecting.

Maybe he's just mentally fragile, maybe he's happy taking his wage and can't be bothered putting in effort to improve/adapt and I for one will be glad to see the back of him - would put him as our worst ever signing bar none.

16 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Nonsense. A guy who has scored against Argentina at the World Cup, Manchester United in the Champions league and even Barcelona in our high profile friendlies in 2016 along with other highly rated teams is better than League 1 standard. There is a lot that shot confidence can do to a player. 

I get it, you didn't rate the guy from day 1 but while he is lacking he definitely is levels above league 1. Hey may not fit Leicester as everything in the team centers around Vardy. 

He lacks so much technical ability it's unbelievable. His inability to contol the ball and even pass amazes me for a player we paid over £15m for. 

I don't care if he's scored in a World Cup game. Djimi Traore won the Champions League with Liverpool so does that make him a World Class defender? 

We're going over the same thing in this thread each week. He's not good enough and should be sold, end of.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He lacks so much technical ability it's unbelievable. His inability to contol the ball and even pass amazes me for a player we paid over £15m for. 

I don't care if he's scored in a World Cup game. Djimi Traore won the Champions League with Liverpool so does that make him a World Class defender? 

We're going over the same thing in this thread each week. He's not good enough and should be sold, end of.

But we're not seeing him play each week. Its not like we're repeatedly seeing bad performances. We dont know how he is doing. Apart from the under 23s

Squad members commented on him looking great in pre season. We've seen flashes, one or two good performances. He just has no confidence at the minute and hasnt adjusted yet. It might not happen, but its definitely possible that he might come good

• Like 3

In business when u make a poor hire its always best to recognise it and sort the situation out so that u can recycle the wages.

We have seen so little of musa we cant judge.  But shakey didnt look to him even as his job was slipping away.  Nor did claudio... and now claud.

I think he needs to be sold for whatever we can get.  He cannot improve our squad

For me Musa is a good player who is being hindered because we play Vardy. Now I love Jamie Vardy so this isn't a bash on him at all but it seems like our only striker who fits alongside Vards is Okazaki.

Aslong as we keep playing Vardy then Slim, Iheanacho and Musa just wont fit into the team.

Its one reason why I really like Puel. Under Shakespeare none of the above mentioned would be effective but with Puel trying to keep the ball on the ground more I think players like Musa could be lethal in this team. So Slim and Iheanacho I still believe could have a good future with us.

Musa's main problem for me is he can only be lethal if he replaced Vardy, on the wing he is useless. So its probably best for him to go. Shame as I quite like Musa.

TBH I can see January being a testing month for us. Players like Slim and Musa will be begging to leave. If they were to go then I would look to bring a striker in from the academy. We could have Vardy, Iheanacho, Okazaki, Ulloa and maybe Muskwe. Although I would sooner lose Ulloa than Slim

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You have only seen maybe 400 minutes of the guy tops, so you really can't judge how he is as a player all around. We as football fans can be very short in terms of expectations. Not all players fit or get like that.

I never said Musa was World Class in any of my comments, neither did I say he was a top player or had top class potential. I said he is a decent player who could fit in top flight if applied in the proper system. In a team like ours where managers have been changed like shoes and the system really hasn't changed much, it's going to be hard for a player like Musa to adjust, granted his limitations. Vardy doesn't do well in other systems either. He is nowhere near as prolific for England as he is for Leicester due to how England play compared to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

But we're not seeing him play each week. Its not like we're repeatedly seeing bad performances. We dont know how he is doing. Apart from the under 23s

Squad members commented on him looking great in pre season. We've seen flashes, one or two good performances. He just has no confidence at the minute and hasnt adjusted yet. It might not happen, but its definitely possible that he might come good

If he’s nowhere near the first team squad then that suggests he’s not doing too well with the under23s or training or whatever - If Puel thought Musa was up to it then Musa would be on the bench minimum.

As for first team players saying Musa was good in training or pre season. So what? If you can’t replicate it when you’re in the team then it doesn’t matter. Izzet, Elliot, Taggart all said Akinibiyi was excellent in training but he couldn’t do it in games could he.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If he’s nowhere near the first team squad then that suggests he’s not doing too well with the under23s or training or whatever - If Puel thought Musa was up to it then Musa would be on the bench minimum.

As for first team players saying Musa was good in training or pre season. So what? If you can’t replicate it when you’re in the team then it doesn’t matter. Izzet, Elliot, Taggart all said Akinibiyi was excellent in training but he couldn’t do it in games could he.

He has played well in the first team at times. Just not been consistent and then did get a bit completely doggo

I would put money on him not seeing any first team football with us again. But it would be so sweet if he got a chance and started banging goals in

You have only seen maybe 400 minutes of the guy tops, so you really can't judge how he is as a player all around. We as football fans can be very short in terms of expectations. Not all players fit or get like that.

I never said Musa was World Class in any of my comments, neither did I say he was a top player or had top class potential. I said he is a decent player who could fit in top flight if applied in the proper system. In a team like ours where managers have been changed like shoes and the system really hasn't changed much, it's going to be hard for a player like Musa to adjust, granted his limitations. Vardy doesn't do well in other systems either. He is nowhere near as prolific for England as he is for Leicester due to how England play compared to us.

Mate, this is Foxestalk.  Someone is either the best player in the world or a fvcking shit faced cvnt who needs shooting.  We don't deal in greys here I'm afraid.  Now please, be gone with your reasonableness and understanding.

X

(I agree with you completely but hey ho, it seems that to most on here saying "he is not quite as bad as you claim" is the same as saying "he is world class and deserves to play every game")

X

• Haha 2

Moose is more than capable striker (based on watching him play for his NT and for us), the problem is - as with Slim and Nacho - we have Vardy and Okazaki and no one else seems to fit in too well in their place. And since it looks like '4-4-2-only' days are over Vardy is going to be the only proper striker upfront most of the games, so even Shinji's opportunities will get limited. 

After what Puel recently said about strikers' situation 'it's difficult' as we have six of them competing for one place - things don't look too bright neither for Musa nor for other Vardy substitutes. Apart from untouchable Vards we have Shinji who's arguably the most versatile of the lot, so he should get his share of game time. Then there are others who have to compete for a place on the bench to be Vardy's substitute. Nacho and Slim should probably get some playing time when the busy period comes, sadly Moose is probably the 5-6th choice striker by now, so he's unlikely to get a look in.

It's unbelievable how wasteful the club have been with money and the recruited talent since the title winning season, particularly when it comes to strikers. The managers are partially to blame too, we've been asking for plan B (what happens if Vardy gets injured... etc) for 2 years now. they've all been too rigid with their tactics and personal decisions IMO.

moose3.gif

It seems inevitable he will bid his farewell soon... January or in the summer at the latest

Edited by Chester Dontlie
moose

30 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

played well against sheff utd in the cup. 

He was absolutely awful first half and played quite well second half.

The fans were singing "we're on the pitch if Musa scores" which I interpreted as pretty much everyone has given up on him. I'm not saying he's completely useless as I've seen him beat a man by poking the ball past him and using his pace several times but his ball control and passing is awful and those skills have nothing to do with confidence but ability and he's sadly lacking in it. 

I can't believe we scouted him and weren't aware how poor a footballer he was and still bought him for £17m as PL Champions as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He was absolutely awful first half and played quite well second half.

The fans were singing "we're on the pitch if Musa scores" which I interpreted as pretty much everyone has given up on him. I'm not saying he's completely useless as I've seen him beat a man by poking the ball past him and using his pace several times but his ball control and passing is awful and those skills have nothing to do with confidence but ability and he's sadly lacking in it. 

I can't believe we scouted him and weren't aware how poor a footballer he was and still bought him for £17m as PL Champions as well.

Any player wanting to hack it in the pl needs a good first touch. .. and fwds must dribble with the ball to draw the foul  (or protect it)... not play kick and run.  Slim and musa fail these tests

What we paid for Musa, and are paying him every week, I'm afraid is now proving nothing short of scandalous really.

He must wake up every morning wondering how the Hell he has generated so much wealth as a footballer.

I'm afraid it's looking like CSKA must have seen us coming.

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What we paid for Musa, and are paying him every week, I'm afraid is now proving nothing short of scandalous really.

He must wake up every morning wondering how the Hell he has generated so much wealth as a footballer.

I'm afraid it's looking like CSKA must have seen us coming.