Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

I think he will get a chance with the first team again soon we have an incredibly busy December and if (I know its a big if!) We get past man city January is just as busy (with a 2 legged cup semi final and fa cup games and potential replays) are going to need to use the squad in games.

But if he does get a chance then it really will be the last one he is likely to get at city. Personally I hope he takes it seems like a nice fella with some unbelievable natural abilities.

Edited by The whole world smiles

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I think he will get a chance with the first team again soon we have an incredibly busy December and if (I know its a big if!) We get past man city January is just as busy (with a 2 legged cup final and fa cup games and potential replays) are going to need to use the squad in games.

But if he does get a chance then it really will be the last one he is likely to get at city. Personally I hope he takes it seems like a nice fella with some unbelievable natural abilities.

We must have watched a different player. :blink:

He won't get another chance here IMO, he's awful beyond belief considering his cost and pedigree. 

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

We must have watched a different player. :blink:

He won't get another chance here IMO, he's awful beyond belief considering his cost and pedigree. 

It's the usual FT hyperbole.

I thought Musa would be ok for us. 

But 'unbelievable natural abilities!?

lol

I've said before, I have no idea what some of the posters on here are watching.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

People who are giving him some slack are still judging him on those two goals against Barcelona. If it was a Champions League QF I could forgive Musa somewhat but it was a fecking friendly.

I've totally given up on Musa, he's absolutely shocking beyond belief considering what we paid for him and his pedigree. Confidence is one thing but he can't even pass or control a ball properly and that's not a lack of confidence, it's a lack of ability.

Edited by Gerard

22 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think he will get a chance with the first team again soon we have an incredibly busy December and if (I know its a big if!) We get past man city January is just as busy (with a 2 legged cup semi final and fa cup games and potential replays) are going to need to use the squad in games.

We all take shits in toilets thats not new. Musa on the other hand....

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Are acceleration and pace not natural abilities then col?

If a random professional footballer say for arguements sake Lee cattermole seeing as you rate him so highly went into his garden every night and practiced sprinting would he get significantly quicker? 

He wouldn't he would still be the same sluggish carthorse therefore acceleration and pace are natural abilities. Some have them some don't. Musa has them.

Edited by The whole world smiles

41 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

If a random professional footballer say for arguements sake Lee cattermole seeing as you rate him so highly went into his garden every night and practiced sprinting would he get significantly quicker? 

He wouldn't he would still be the same sluggish carthorse therefore acceleration and pace are natural abilities. Some have them some don't. Musa has them.

Power is nothing without control.

He has the qualities you named but it still ain't enough in football. He's shocking in crucial departments, like passing, awareness and above all, ball control. Especially at this level.

If being a road runner makes you a great footballer then Schlupp would have been Ballon d'Or.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Power is nothing without control.

He has the qualities you named but it still ain't enough in football. He's shocking in crucial departments, like passing, awareness and above all, ball control. Especially at this level.

If being a road runner makes you a great footballer then Schlupp would have been Ballon d'Or.

Yeah this is exactly my original point I hope if he does get another chance he takes it because things like awareness and ball control can improve with games but someone like Ulloa isn't getting any quicker no matter how many opportunities he gets.

Do not get me wrong though I'm not saying he deserves another chance I've been as bitterly disappointed by him as anyone else I purely said I hope if he does get another chance he takes it as with his natural abilities he would be a real asset to the club if he could find some form. Which I completely stand by.

• Like 3

On 05/12/2017 at 18:22, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah this is exactly my original point I hope if he does get another chance he takes it because things like awareness and ball control can improve with games but someone like Ulloa isn't getting any quicker no matter how many opportunities he gets.

Do not get me wrong though I'm not saying he deserves another chance I've been as bitterly disappointed by him as anyone else I purely said I hope if he does get another chance he takes it as with his natural abilities he would be a real asset to the club if he could find some form. Which I completely stand by.

So basically your argument is that you hope he’s good?

On 05/12/2017 at 15:52, The whole world smiles said:

You also can't learn to control a ball, look up and make a measured pass under pressure, basically not be a headless chicken, after a certain age.

Musa doesn't have the technical ability to make it at this level and that is also to some degree a natural ability

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You also can't learn to control a ball, look up and make a measured pass under pressure, basically not be a headless chicken, after a certain age.

Musa doesn't have the technical ability to make it at this level and that is also to some degree a natural ability

I'm sorry but this is bs. He has his limitations but he has shown at the World Cup and the Champions League that he can make it. He just needs to be in a team that works for him, obviously Leicester isn't that team. 

3 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I'm sorry but this is bs. He has his limitations but he has shown at the World Cup and the Champions League that he can make it. He just needs to be in a team that works for him, obviously Leicester isn't that team. 

We're a counter attacking team, full of pace, should be ideal for Musa's 'style' of play.

Nothing he has ever shown here has convinced me or anyone he has ability of anything more than league 1 standard. Even looking at highlights of his time at CSKA when he supposedly shone he never ever really seemed to have the ball under control and a lot was more luck than judgement.

Sorry but he lacks ability and pace doesn't make up for it

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We're a counter attacking team, full of pace, should be ideal for Musa's 'style' of play.

Nothing he has ever shown here has convinced me or anyone he has ability of anything more than league 1 standard. Even looking at highlights of his time at CSKA when he supposedly shone he never ever really seemed to have the ball under control and a lot was more luck than judgement.

Sorry but he lacks ability and pace doesn't make up for it

Nonsense. A guy who has scored against Argentina at the World Cup, Manchester United in the Champions league and even Barcelona in our high profile friendlies in 2016 along with other highly rated teams is better than League 1 standard. There is a lot that shot confidence can do to a player. 

I get it, you didn't rate the guy from day 1 but while he is lacking he definitely is levels above league 1. Hey may not fit Leicester as everything in the team centers around Vardy. 

Edited by TheHitman™

2 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Nonsense. A guy who has scored against Argentina at the World Cup, Manchester United in the Champions league and even Barcelona in our high profile friendlies in 2016 along with other highly rated teams is better than League 1 standard. There is a lot that shot confidence can do to a player. 

I get it, you didn't rate the guy from day 1 but while he is lacking he definitely is levels above league 1. Hey may not fit Leicester as everything in the team centers around Vardy. 

I think the concern is that he was maybe brought in as back up for Vardy.  Same electric pace (actually faster) and workrate, with an eye for goal, that may be raw but could be refined. 

I totally agree that his confidence is totally shot, and it may be time to part ways, unless Puel and team can bring along. We chased him for a long time, and the scouting team must have seen something about him.  

It seems that the only new signings that have settled have been the ones where their competition left, rather than them kicking on from what we had:

Ndidi for Kante

Iborra for Drinky (wasn't original plan but I'm not sure both of them would have been in the same team)

Maguire for Huth (injured vs left)

6 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I think the concern is that he was maybe brought in as back up for Vardy.  Same electric pace (actually faster) and workrate, with an eye for goal, that may be raw but could be refined. 

I totally agree that his confidence is totally shot, and it may be time to part ways, unless Puel and team can bring along. We chased him for a long time, and the scouting team must have seen something about him.  

It seems that the only new signings that have settled have been the ones where their competition left, rather than them kicking on from what we had:

Ndidi for Kante

Iborra for Drinky (wasn't original plan but I'm not sure both of them would have been in the same team)

Maguire for Huth (injured vs left)

Exactly. Musa despite his pace is a different player. He's not a long ball player, his pace depends on through balls (keeping the ball on the ground.) His ball control may not be great but when he gets at the end of a through ball he will make it count. I also think him playing on the wing so many times for Nigeria has really messed him up too as he is best centrally or further forward than off of the wing. 

I think he should be sold as both club and player don't work. 

Edited by TheHitman™
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

LLoyd Dyer has scored past Real Madrid and Man City

• Like 1