Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

47 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

The club has been really unfair with him, he’s in the prime of his career showing soo much promise when he was younger and he is not even getting on the bench. He has moved to a different league and he hasn’t quite adapted up to the standard of the premier league. He needs more time on the pitch! Hope the club turns this around else that’s 16million down the drain.

He cannot control a football. I don't think I've ever seen a player with that price tag unable to do the basic stuff in football.

Edited by Fox92

44 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

The club has been really unfair with him, he’s in the prime of his career showing soo much promise when he was younger and he is not even getting on the bench. He has moved to a different league and he hasn’t quite adapted up to the standard of the premier league. He needs more time on the pitch! Hope the club turns this around else that’s 16million down the drain.

How is the club unfair? Managers pick players on what they see and I suspect the three managers he's played under have a similar opinion of him to myself.

A terrible footballer who has an awful touch and terrible passing skills. I think he'll see his contract out here like Winston Bogarde did at Chelsea, he'll never do anything of note in football again. I can't criticise him enough he's a truly awful footballer and we'll be stuck with him. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

He couldn't even outshine Portsmouth's Under 23s last night. That's why he's not getting any time in the first team. 

2 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

Are you on crack? Why does he deserve pitch time when he isn't good enough? By your logic we should be chucking our youth players in at will.

Clearly overpriced, but I think he would have been better with a Championship club. First touch is not quite so important and his pace would trouble defences. Furthermore, he would be more likely to get game time which would build confidence.  I can't see a future at Leicester,but I could see him resurrecting his career if he's prepared to work hard at a Championship club. 

(if we had signed Vardy as a PL club, it's unlikely he would be the player he is now. There were many on this forum who wanted to him sold after the first season or so. He always had the pace but - yes - his first touch often let him down. Ok, I'm not saying a direct comparison but the point is signing with a PL club the player has to be the 'finished article', unless aplayer is signed for development squad.)

40 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

lol Was going to post something similar. Clearly we've been conned here somehow. There is no way a single person at LCFC scouted him.

We were linked with him for a few transfer windows before he actually signed, surely he must have been properly looked into at point. :dry:

22 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Clearly overpriced, but I think he would have been better with a Championship club. First touch is not quite so important and his pace would trouble defences. Furthermore, he would be more likely to get game time which would build confidence.  I can't see a future at Leicester,but I could see him resurrecting his career if he's prepared to work hard at a Championship club. 

(if we had signed Vardy as a PL club, it's unlikely he would be the player he is now. There were many on this forum who wanted to him sold after the first season or so. He always had the pace but - yes - his first touch often let him down. Ok, I'm not saying a direct comparison but the point is signing with a PL club the player has to be the 'finished article', unless aplayer is signed for development squad.)

Fair but spending 16 million you expect the finished product, not a shit version of Elvis Hammond

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pompey under 23s are a top team.

huh? It was Sunderland. Bottom of the standings...Musa was actually by far the top player on the field the first half, but completely disappeared the second.

And Pompey don't really have an under-23, they just play their b-team cup squad, which includes younger players, which is why they are so good. They are all technically playing senior footballers.

• Like 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

huh? It was Sunderland. Bottom of the standings...Musa was actually by far the top player on the field the first half, but completely disappeared the second.

And Pompey don't really have an under-23, they just play their b-team cup squad, which includes younger players, which is why they are so good. They are all technically playing senior footballers.

I literally have no idea about any of it, was taking the piss.

FoxesTalk seems to be full of members who will go to great lengths to give many players the benefit of the doubt. Even when it is pretty clear that said players aren't performing.

Musa is a good example. I must confess, I thought he looked to have the attributes to become a good signing for City.

But there must come a point where people have to face reality. Musa now looks to be a complete waste of money and, unless some miracle happens, will fade out of the memories of City fans pretty much as soon as he moves on.

He looks to have been a not inexpensive flop.

Edited by Col city fan

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

He will be forever remembered for the brace against Barcelona 

LCFC Legend

He made that trip very enjoyable. Looked like he was the business; obviously apart from Everton away all basically turned to sh/t, but he burned very briefly brightly then died. 

Shame really, he does have some talent, but too lightweight for the prem. He needs to move on, but wherever he goes I wish him every success, he always tried his hardest for us, just not quite good enough. 

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

How is the club unfair? Managers pick players on what they see and I suspect the three managers he's played under have a similar opinion of him to myself.

A terrible footballer who has an awful touch and terrible passing skills. I think he'll see his contract out here like Winston Bogarde did at Chelsea, he'll never do anything of note in football again. I can't criticise him enough he's a truly awful footballer and we'll be stuck with him. 

I agree with you about his footballing ability or lack of it.

Can’t blame him for seeing out his contract, he’s not going to be on this type of money anywhere else. 

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

£17m and can't even make the bench. :blush:

Add to that a likely £12m in wages and that's as good as £30m that would be just as well spent if we flushed it down the toilet. 

Buying players is akin to gambling, you win some you lose some. Apparently Ndidi is worth 55m now, and I'm sure having Musa helped lure him here, so swings and roundabouts eh lol