Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Who in their right state of mind names their daughter Titania?

I can't believe that person is real. Some of her tweets make me wonder whether she's being serious or if it's just one big satirical prank.

Pretty sure it's the latter - Poe's Law in action.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I can't believe that person is real. Some of her tweets make me wonder whether she's being serious or if it's just one big satirical prank.

You're correct it's a pretty obvious satirical Twitter account.

Fantastic however how many people who take it as real and get riled up at what gets posted. Absolute gold.

Even Private Eye fell into the trap a couple of weeks ago!

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It is a satirical account, a pretty funny one too.  Think you'd enjoy it

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Pretty sure it's the latter - Poe's Law in action.

17 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

You're correct it's a pretty obvious satirical Twitter account.

Fantastic however how many people who take it as real and get riled up at what gets posted. Absolute gold.

Even Private Eye fell into the trap a couple of weeks ago!

15 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It is a satirical account, a pretty funny one too.  Think you'd enjoy it

Haha, got it right then. It's the culmination of poignant man-hate that makes it pretty clear it's a parody.

The "There are only two kinds of men" tweet got reported to Twitter. lol

The Twitter account user must be from the UK, no other English-speaking nation can be so sharp and dark with regards to satire.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's hilarious - but also a sign of the times people think it could be serious.

Polarisation at work.

Just for the record though, this morning we had an Alabama news writer wanting the Klan to "go to Washington to lynch some Democrats" (paraphrased) and he was 100% serious.

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Polarisation at work.

Just for the record though, this morning we had an Alabama news writer wanting the Klan to "go to Washington to lynch some Democrats" (paraphrased) and he was 100% serious.

Link to that?

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yup, posted it last page but seemingly got lost in the discussion this morning:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47295551

Certainly a man who has lost his head.

Just to put this rallying cry into context - the KKK has only few members in the US on the whole. Its danger is vastly exaggerated. Nowhere near its peak in the 1920ies.

The aforementioned Southern Poverty Law Center, with their own leftist bias, estimate the total of Klan members to be between 5'000 to 8'000 people. That's across all States.

In Alabama alone, the estimate is four Klan groups.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2017-08-14/the-kkk-is-still-based-in-22-states-in-the-us-in-2017

That's about ten percent of all Klan groups as of 2017.

So, in Alabama, we're talking a few hundred people here. Nothing that cannot be contained.

On the subject of the KKK, anybody remember these NI numpties?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/kkk-islamic-centre-northern-ireland-ku-klux-klan-newtonards-down-psni-a8606386.html

Edited by MC Prussian

Certainly a man who has lost his head.

Just to put this rallying cry into context - the KKK has only few members in the US on the whole. Its danger is vastly exaggerated. Nowhere near its peak in the 1920ies.

The aforementioned Southern Poverty Law Center, with their own leftist bias, estimate the total of Klan members to be between 5'000 to 8'000 people. That's across all States.

In Alabama alone, the estimate is four Klan groups.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2017-08-14/the-kkk-is-still-based-in-22-states-in-the-us-in-2017

That's about ten percent of all Klan groups as of 2017.

So, in Alabama, we're talking a few hundred people here.

Oh, absolutely - they're totally piecemeal and (probably) not a threat - Spencer and his merry men carry more weight, here's hoping this doesn't act as a dogwhistle for them.

I was just using it as an example of how the needle is getting pushed to 11 polarisation-wise.

Edited by leicsmac

48 minutes ago, MattP said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/20/nicholas-sandmann-washington-post-lawsuit-defamation

Not sure it's 250million worth, but he certainly deserves compensation for what happened to him.

Good, about time somebody called out the Washington Post on their bullshittery since Bezos took over.

The New York Times is not far behind.

On 18/02/2019 at 08:49, The Doctor said:

Except of course Chicago police had already denied that was the case: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jussie-smollett-idUSKCN1Q32IG when it was reported by local TV there. What you've posted is national papers picking up already outdated local news and running with it to get the clicks anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47313172

Charged with filing a false report. 

He was actually prepared to send two innocent people to prison for some anti-Trump virtue signalling (he was prepared to proceed when they arrested two innocent people), what an absolute scumbag.

Edited by MattP

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47313172

Charged with filing a false report. 

He was actually prepared to send two innocent people to prison for some anti-Trump virtue signalling (he was prepared to proceed when they arrested two innocent people), what an absolute scumbag.

Moron.

Provided it turns out it was indeed faked, he does a legitimate cause a stupid amount of damage through a stupid act that was bound to get found out.

Various corners of the web will be crowing at the "get out of racism free" cards that will be available due to this one.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Moron.

Provided it turns out it was indeed faked, he does a legitimate cause a stupid amount of damage through a stupid act that was bound to get found out.

Various corners of the web will be crowing at the "get out of racism free" cards that will be available due to this one.

He is a moron, but I can see his logic.

Young gay black guy beat up by Trump supporters in not only racist but also homophobic attack. He would have had new roles thrown at him, Hollywood fawning, speeches at the Oscars calling him stunning and brave, he could have been the 2019 Caitlyn Jenner.

Victimhood is a huge market now and there isn't enough supply to meet demand.

Edited by MattP

10 hours ago, MattP said:

He is a moron, but I can see his logic.

Young gay black guy beat up by Trump supporters in not only racist but also homophobic attack. He would have had new roles thrown at him, Hollywood fawning, speeches at the Oscars calling him stunning and brave, he could have been the 2019 Caitlyn Jenner.

Victimhood is a huge market now and there isn't enough supply to meet demand.

...if it worked, which he really should have known it wouldn't, not right now. A while back, perhaps, but not now.

Stupid thing to do and it's just food for the alt-right types to paint a legitimate movement as all liars.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...if it worked, which he really should have known it wouldn't, not right now. A while back, perhaps, but not now.

Stupid thing to do and it's just food for the alt-right types to paint a legitimate movement as all liars.

Why should he think it wouldn't work though? The media swallowed it whole - had the two people he paid not been stupid enough to buy the stuff themselves he may not have been caught, I mean even elected representatives (the people we expect to uphold due process) had no interest in objectively looking at it - exhibit A here which she still hasn't deleted.

IMG_20190222_064839.jpg

Well, I'm usually quite the fan of a reasonable argument proposed by Tucker Carlson, and I think he does make some valid points here. However, it all turns sour very quickly, and I don't think Rutger Bregman is completely innocent, he comes across as rather smug. Carlson should've handled it better towards the end, surely.

He doesn't go into much detail why he wants higher taxes (he's a random Dutch historian, after all - what does he know about taxes, really?), and then proceeds to personally attack Carlson based on assumptions. And even if Carlson was a millionaire, what does it have to do with the main topic of the discussion?

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Why should he think it wouldn't work though? The media swallowed it whole - had the two people he paid not been stupid enough to buy the stuff themselves he may not have been caught, I mean even elected representatives (the people we expect to uphold due process) had no interest in objectively looking at it - exhibit A here which she still hasn't deleted.

IMG_20190222_064839.jpg

Absolutely, the media and many luminaries bought it, and tbf I did too - it fits the existing trend of greater division and greater numbers of racist attacks.

However, my thought is that once it got to court (and they're the ones who uphold due process, not politicians who merely set it) what exactly was his plan then? I mean, if the Chicago PD has enough on him to prosecute now you could bet any and all defence attorneys for whoever was the fall guy would be able to bring similar information to any court case and it would all fall through then too, so what was the idea? Out of court settlement in private and hush things up, perhaps?

All of that considered, it still seems stupid that he did this thinking that it wasn't going to come out in the wash eventually if either the PD or the courts did enough digging; at the very least, he's vastly underestimated that process...provided it does get proven conclusively that this was all a setup in court.

Well, I'm usually quite the fan of a reasonable argument proposed by Tucker Carlson, and I think he does make some valid points here. However, it all turns sour very quickly, and I don't think Rutger Bregman is completely innocent, he comes across as rather smug. Carlson should've handled it better towards the end, surely.

He doesn't go into much detail why he wants higher taxes (he's a random Dutch historian, after all - what does he know about taxes, really?), and then proceeds to personally attack Carlson based on assumptions. And even if Carlson was a millionaire, what does it have to do with the main topic of the discussion?

This is like watching Derby v Forest and wanting a tactical nuclear detonation in the middle of the pitch tbh.

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

To be fair Tucker Carlson usually resorts to petty insults when he's losing an argument, the fact Fox didn't air the interview speaks volumes about who won that exchange lol

I wouldn't say Rutger Bregman is just a random Dutch historian anymore, his book Utopia for Realists has made him pretty big (it's a great read imo) 

The book even drew some unlikely readers :ph34r:

49501702_387380568489501_713180453373727

• Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 13:19, MC Prussian said:

Sounded a total bellend when he started bragging about speaking truth to power