Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

33 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So, according to latest reports, the Mueller investigation has uncovered exactly zero new information that would or could incriminate the POTUS, plus it's been alleged that there will be no further investigations.

Top-notch waste of taxpayers' money.

And all the people affiliated with Trump that Mueller took down have been sentenced based on auxiliary crimes.

:appl:

I'm sure the Democrats will now fully focus on the Climate Change debate instead.

Well, some bastard has to. :D

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You're too late, a 29-year old former bartender was there first.

Alexandria.jpg

Rags to riches, the American Dream, ne?

But in all seriousness (and I've said this before) I honestly couldn't care less who addresses the issue so long as it is done successfully. The Earth doesn't care one bit about our politics and isn't going to wait around for us to be ready for what it has for us - it really shouldn't be a political issue at all, the last time I checked everyone wanted civilisation to survive (beyond the truly mad preppers, that is).

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

... of a black teen running away from the police.

I don't condone the shooting of kids, but you can't really say he didn't have it coming.

If you've got nothing to hide, hands behind your back, on the ground.

41 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't condone the shooting of kids, but you can't really say he didn't have it coming.

Wtf

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Which means you do condone the shooting of kids.

Something tells me you especially condone the shooting of black kids.

Might be something that starts with a "b" and ends with an "ias".

1 hour ago, Magictv said:

Wtf

That's very deep.

Have you seen the video? Police on a patrol. Kid runs away, resisting arrest.

People asking "why are they shooting?", I ask "why are they running away?". It's a completely justified question.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

That's very deep.

Have you seen the video? Police on a patrol. Kid runs away, resisting arrest.

People asking "why are they shooting?", I ask "why are they running away?". It's a completely justified question.

It might have something to do with the fact police have a history of shooting unarmed black kids even when not resisting arrest.

Rightly or wrongly there is the perception that the police shoot first ask questions later when it comes to black youths. Whatever you think about the race aspect (although you do rarely hear of this happening to unarmed white kids) running away from a police officer should not carry a death sentence.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Might be something that starts with a "b" and ends with an "ias".

Nah. 

What you are is apparent in every post you make in every thread. 

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I fully expected Mueller to find some collusion with the Russians.  

However I do think there's more to this story. But I guess I don't know anymore. I wanted this to be the downfall of Trump and I'm disappointed after all the hype that he lives too fight another day.

Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence. 

He’s still cvnt, regardless. 

"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying

I think trump will run with this and maga #2  will happen. He is going to play the angry dems card make whiney faces about sulky dems at his rallys and his folks will suck it in and love it. Might be a longgggg 6 years of trump

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Couple of things:

The last time I checked, resisting arrest (in the form of running away, as opposed to fighting and/or presenting a capital threat) wasn't a crime worthy of death in any state of the USA, let alone instant, arbitrary no-trial death - hence the paltry defence that was used that the kid was pulling a gun which folks knew was BS and which he changed halfway through the trial and yet the jury somehow acquitted him anyway. So yes, I really can and I do say that that he didn't have it coming, by rule of law. Is there a justification, in your view, for a cop shooting anyone who doesn't present a capital and imminent threat to them?

And speaking personally, I strongly dislike the idea that "if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear" from law enforcement. That's not the way it's worked for black guys, white guys, any guys or girls throughout history because those arbiters of law enforcement are human and therefore subject to the same kind of corruption as the rest of humanity is - and again history proves that the checks and balances against such corruption don't sometimes work. With that in mind, I can certainly see why folks who have done nothing bad in their lives would still choose to not get involved with the fuzz if they can possibly avoid it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Couple of things:

The last time I checked, resisting arrest (in the form of running away, as opposed to fighting and/or presenting a capital threat) wasn't a crime worthy of death in any state of the USA, let alone instant, arbitrary no-trial death - hence the paltry defence that was used that the kid was pulling a gun which folks knew was BS and which he changed halfway through the trial and yet the jury somehow acquitted him anyway. So yes, I really can and I do say that that he didn't have it coming, by rule of law. Is there a justification, in your view, for a cop shooting anyone who doesn't present a capital and imminent threat to them?

And speaking personally, I strongly dislike the idea that "if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear" from law enforcement. That's not the way it's worked for black guys, white guys, any guys or girls throughout history because those arbiters of law enforcement are human and therefore subject to the same kind of corruption as the rest of humanity is - and again history proves that the checks and balances against such corruption don't sometimes work. With that in mind, I can certainly see why folks who have done nothing bad in their lives would still choose to not get involved with the fuzz if they can possibly avoid it.

There's an interesting statistic that African Americans are not more likely to be shot by white cops than they are by their black counterparts:

https://www.theroot.com/you-don-t-say-study-shows-black-cops-just-as-likely-to-1828436093

In some instances, black cops are even more likely to shoot African American criminals and crime suspects - and there are other interesting findings in here:

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2018/08/27/police-shootings-n2513363

In any case, the idea of "institutionalized racism" in the US is a myth, perpetrated by a particular party (for political purposes).

In fact, minorities in the US are safer than they've ever been before. A lot has changed since the 50ies or 60ies.

There may be bad apples within any police force, but they are few and far between. Let's also not forget the tough tasks policemen have to endure day in, day out.

A little bit more respect for the people trying to uphold the law would be in order.

I'd rather we looked at the bigger picture than picking on tragic, yet individual cases that don't represent the force as a whole.

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

No collusion.  Trump vindicated. Dems gunna cry now. This will empower trump in time for maga #2

Happy for Trump. Not because I like the guy, but because what a waste of time and money the whole investigation was and how low the Dems have sunk.

This was unworthy.

Now, how about spending two and a half years on another investigation, browsing through Hillary's lost E-Mails and her ties to Russia via the Clinton Foundation? :whistle:

57 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There's an interesting statistic that African Americans are not more likely to be shot by white cops than they are by their black counterparts:

https://www.theroot.com/you-don-t-say-study-shows-black-cops-just-as-likely-to-1828436093

In some instances, black cops are even more likely to shoot African American criminals and crime suspects - and there are other interesting findings in here:

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2018/08/27/police-shootings-n2513363

In any case, the idea of "institutionalized racism" in the US is a myth, perpetrated by a particular party (for political purposes).

In fact, minorities in the US are safer than they've ever been before. A lot has changed since the 50ies or 60ies.

There may be bad apples within any police force, but they are few and far between. Let's also not forget the tough tasks policemen have to endure day in, day out.

A little bit more respect for the people trying to uphold the law would be in order.

I'd rather we looked at the bigger picture than picking on tragic, yet individual cases that don't represent the force as a whole.

Citations, copious citations from a range of sources, really really needed for an extraordinary claim of that type.

I think we've talked about this before wrt to black cops being as trigger-happy as their white counterparts and, as has been said before, that suggests to me a problem within the institution itself (rather than individuals in it) in many different places.

I'd have more respect for the people trying to uphold the law if they were held accountable when they make dreadful mistakes like this one - but this is one of a great many situations where it clearly isn't so. Writing off multiple incidents like this as non-indicative of a greater problem ("tragic, individual cases") when there are so many just like it is a serious case of carpet and sweeping IMO.

And with respect, Prussian, this isn't the only topic in which you refuse to draw correlation and possible causation between circumstances and insist that there is no pattern to supposedly "isolated incidents" when the correlation is extremely likely.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I fully expected Mueller to find some collusion with the Russians.  

However I do think there's more to this story. But I guess I don't know anymore. I wanted this to be the downfall of Trump and I'm disappointed after all the hype that he lives too fight another day.

Your own fault for believing the hype although I don't blame you as it's easy to fall for the Trump hating press.

So much confirmation bias from his opponents, more looking at it neutrally saw that evidence of collusion with Russia was unlikely. 

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I know I'm sure he'll go down for something big. Mueller is a smart guy and is probably biding his time...

I hate to disappoint you but Muellers job was to independently investigate the allegations, not "bide his time" and attempt to bring him down.

The idea anyone could think this shows just how warped and out of control thoughts are over President Trump.

Maybe it's time now for Democrats to recognise people voted for him because they wanted too - because they need to realise that before the next election next year.