Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

until I see a bit more than a very short clip and its clear when exactly its from, I wont be drawing any conclusions. also, given how we were getting smashed, I suspect some of the players felt it was just a blip in a probable 4-1 defeat! 

does anyone have a clip of the bench at the final whistle ?

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

until I see a bit more than a very short clip and its clear when exactly its from, I wont be drawing any conclusions. also, given how we were getting smashed, I suspect some of the players felt it was just a blip in a probable 4-1 defeat! 

does anyone have a clip of the bench at the final whistle ?

To be fair, the reaction to the goal, compared to the bench at the final whistle, is a little more telling.

The benched players should almost definitely celebrate a goal. 

We were getting smashed yes, but that surely represented chance, hope. Foxes never quit?

Looking back after last nights game we were poor until Gray came on he seemed to turn the game, The Sevilla defence did not like him at all running at them now we need Claudio to see the fact that Gray is needed to start games !

When we play Sevilla back at the KP we need to go at them as we did last season be rough with them get right in their faces to upset them, I'm hoping too that Claudio sees Morgan and Huth as our weakness but he will undoubtably stay with those Donkeys!!

Vardy getting a goal too is superb really hoping this starts a good run for him and the club and start tearing our way up that table to safety.

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I know we were shit for most of the game but that away goal still has me buzzing today. Walking around with a smile on my face, football hasn't made me feel like this much this season.

Just please build on those last 20 minutes in the next game. I'm not even asking for a win against Liverpool, just put in a performance to give us some hope going into the Hull game!

Think you've said what most of us we're thinking,the turning point was bringing Gray into the equation the lad scared the sevilla defence at times and played a few great balls through but he needs to pass Albrighton was tearing down the right if only he looked up who knows could have been 2-2?

Going into Liverpool Monday night I'm hoping Klopp gets his backlash that he's warned his players about,I'm really hoping last night woke those lads up and shows them they can play great football and our season starts again v the Scousers?

Vardy hasn't scored in the Premier for a while and let's hope that goal against Sevilla is the first of many to come !!

15 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

1-2 Sevilla into the final 10 minutes.

They've improved in the second half (clearly), but Betis didn't put in the constructive work they had put into the first half.

The simple reason for that is... Betis tried to play the Sevilla way in the first half and got exhausted by the second... then they got punished.

5 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

The simple reason for that is... Betis tried to play the Sevilla way in the first half and got exhausted by the second... then they got punished.

Don't agree completely. Yes they got tired, but that was because their press became ill disciplined and disjointed.

They also lost some ambition with the ball, resulting in giving the ball away needlessly. I was suprised the changes were made so late (gone 70 minutes) and whilst defending a freekick, which they went and conceded from.

If you consider the two Sevilla goals came from Betis conceding silly free kicks in wide areas and then no one attacking the ball defensively - Betis lost this game more than Sevilla's brilliance won it.

5 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Don't agree completely. Yes they got tired, but that was because their press became ill disciplined and disjointed.

They also lost some ambition with the ball, resulting in giving the ball away needlessly. I was suprised the changes were made so late (gone 70 minutes) and whilst defending a freekick, which they went and conceded from.

If you consider the two Sevilla goals came from Betis conceding silly free kicks in wide areas and then no one attacking the ball defensively - Betis lost this game more than Sevilla's brilliance won it.

True, Betis have beaten themselves more than Sevilla did. Anyway, it feels good to be first (though temporarily), with 24 matches played and 14 more to go. It will be almost impossible to win the league at this point with Barca and RM and the referees backing them up, but it is surely a beautiful thing. You were lucky to be crowned champions and for a fan that is something worth living for.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived