Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

Aaaaggghhh!!! Can we all stop this bench assassination unt someone has proof the players did or didn't celebrate the goal!

The video/picture is a little after the goal has gone in and Raneri is doing a little post celebration fist pump - look at where he is facing... the goal was scored to his right and he's walking left not looking at the goal! 

Im not saying the bench were all celebrating the goal, maybe they just glared at Claudio all game and had no emotion when we scored an away goal in the last 16 of the CL. 

But until someone has actual evidence of the bench when the goal was scored, can we stop banging on about it?

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So I didn't imagine it then. Andy King seems to look at a Ranieri with a look of complete disdain.

Can't get my head round this. Surely even just instinctively you'd react more than that, especially King given it's his mates who have scored. They might not like ranieri but can't believe its got to the point where they think idea of celebrating a crucial goal is weird. Something doesn't add up here. Maybe they'd already stood up and sat down again, then ranieri has another go?

Might have been the vast amounts of beer but I thought the performance was a lot better than a lot of people have said in this thread. 

They were always going to dominate the ball, they were always going to create chances and Kasper was always going to have to make some saves. From what I remember most of their efforts came from outside of the box. 

Ok we weren't very creative but did anyone expect us to be? 

Also we were incredibly lucky with the weather yesterday. Chucking it down this morning. 

4 minutes ago, Phube said:

Aaaaggghhh!!! Can we all stop this bench assassination unt someone has proof the players did or didn't celebrate the goal!

The video/picture is a little after the goal has gone in and Raneri is doing a little post celebration fist pump - look at where he is facing... the goal was scored to his right and he's walking left not looking at the goal! 

Im not saying the bench were all celebrating the goal, maybe they just glared at Claudio all game and had no emotion when we scored an away goal in the last 16 of the CL. 

But until someone has actual evidence of the bench when the goal was scored, can we stop banging on about it?

You're right, maybe while CR is still celebrating, the others have quickly finished, sat down, wiped the smile off their face and quickly gone back to concentrating. 

I imagine I'd be the same getting an away goal in the CL, after being 2-0 down and not playing very well, I'd be all business and focused.

In general, first half dire, second first time I've seen flashes of last season for months. Problem is going forward we need both mahrez and Gray on the pitch in order to create anything at all and close the gap between midfield and vardy. Unfortunately neither of them are any good defensively, which causes it's own problems. That's why hes reticent to play Gray i think, starting with him and mahrez leaves us even wider open than normal. Having said that Musa's not exactly great defensively either, better off starting wuth shinji imo

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hey this is why I love football, were never all going to agree. But I'm not the only one who has said it and he's been picked apart on BT and ITV's analysis of why the hell he was yet again so far away from the two centre backs for their second goal.... to the point where I said goal as soon as their striker started backing in because you could see where he was going to pass it! Into our big empty right back space.

I could pick on any of the defenders, but stick for Morgan and Huth is predictable and old now, I just accept they're shit every game... in my personal opinion Danny disappointed tonight, as he did against Swansea.

But as I've said we've all watched the game in different places and different atmospheres so it's difficult to agree.

Because the second came on the counter while he was up field, if you want to point fingers for the second, why has Morgan carried on going with the striker once he's ran into huth and Fuchs rather than letting them have him and covering the only option available.

5 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

What pleased me the most was that the team showed courage and bravery to play football despite going 2-0 down.

Good point, I feared that if they scored a second we would sink without trace. Recently we've shown no fight, last night we did, especially after the goal.

We seem to have a habit of sitting so deep (could be instructions from the manager) leaving the two strikers isolated and chasing the ball being passed about by 5 players, once we pushed up and pressed as a team and Drinkwater actually passed and moved then got himself past the half way line we looked dangerous. It's quite obvious to me that our best form of defending is from the lads up top and the midfield pressing, soon as we go deep and every man behind the ball we create absolutely nothing and eventually concede leaving us with a mountain to climb, but 2-1 with an away goal is a huge result but still loads to improve on I hope it's gave the lads some confidence for Monday.

19 minutes ago, Phube said:

Yes, let's not on any forum talk about this, cus forums are not the place to do so.  Can we all go back, bury our heads in the sand and be positive :P

Whatever way we cut & dice this we have a chance now to redefine our whole season.  It's a BIG ask and it can all still go tits up.  So Ranieri really now has to get the best out of his selection & formation.

Our home fans will take care of the atmosphere at the KP (this will rattle the spaniards).  As soon as the whistle blows we go for their jugular!  Press for an early goal or two than defend like we defended last season.  We know Seville will score on us easily if we give them time & space & drop deep.

every leics player will have to bust a gut for 90 min or more.  Give Gray the freedom to terrorize their defenders.  Huth & Morgan & Fuchs just look hopeless.  We have no back bone with these 3 stooges.  If they've got anything left in the tank now is the time to show it or Get Benny, Wague and Chillwell playing together for the remaining games.  Musa goes back on the bench he's so wasteful with the ball.

Mahrez is my boy and I still believe in him but he's got to be brave and bold again and be the provider for vardy.

I so want Kante & cambiasso to magically make a fantasy cameo but it ain't gonna happen so we gotta work with the tools we got.  Cmon you fearless foxes give em all hell!

28 minutes ago, catfordfox said:

In general, first half dire, second first time I've seen flashes of last season for months. Problem is going forward we need both mahrez and Gray on the pitch in order to create anything at all and close the gap between midfield and vardy. Unfortunately neither of them are any good defensively, which causes it's own problems. That's why hes reticent to play Gray i think, starting with him and mahrez leaves us even wider open than normal. Having said that Musa's not exactly great defensively either, better off starting wuth shinji imo

Agree re Gray but what does Musa offer defensively? He offers absolutely **** all going forward that's for sure and I wouldn't rate him any higher than Gray going the other way either.

Can't say that's not a ****ing brilliant result against a bang in form side with an abundance of European experience and quality players. The team and management have taken a lot of well justified criticism but deserve credit for a spirited performance last night, and I sincerely hope it serves as the kick up the arse they need to pull themselves to safety.

43 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Probably not the place to put this but here goes. If we win 2-1 and it goes to extra time and then in extra time both teams score another goal, do Sevilla go through with two away goals? Or does it go to penalties?

If 2-1. Effectively starts as a 0-0 half hour game. 

44 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Probably not the place to put this but here goes. If we win 2-1 and it goes to extra time and then in extra time both teams score another goal, do Sevilla go through with two away goals? Or does it go to penalties?

Yeah they will go through on away goals.

5 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

If 2-1. Effectively starts as a 0-0 half hour game. 

Makes sense, thanks! 

Edit: Actually, I decided to get off my arse and look it up, according to Wikipedia - "The away goals rule is again applied after extra time, i.e. if there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored. If no goals are scored during extra time, the tie is decided by penalty shoot-out."

41 minutes ago, catfordfox said:

Can't get my head round this. Surely even just instinctively you'd react more than that, especially King given it's his mates who have scored. They might not like ranieri but can't believe its got to the point where they think idea of celebrating a crucial goal is weird. Something doesn't add up here. Maybe they'd already stood up and sat down again, then ranieri has another go?

And that could have been the case, of course. I'm just writing what I saw on the telebox. It was more Andy King's 'look' than the apparent lack of joy, jumping about etc. It was honestly the look that you'd give Uncle Knobhead dancing at a family disco. See Peter Kay for further details.

lol

You really do have to hand it to Sevilla. What a great club. They take good young players, make them better, then sell them for big money AND buy older journeymen, who aren't brilliant at their current clubs, and make them look great again. Nzonzi and Nasri last night looked completely different players to those we saw in the Prem. Neither bad players, but never THAT good. They've even got the old Man City striker playing out of his skin.

A real, role-model club.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You really do have to hand it to Sevilla. What a great club. They take good young players, make them better, then sell them for big money AND buy older journeymen, who aren't brilliant at their current clubs, and make them look great again. Nzonzi and Nasri last night looked completely different players to those we saw in the Prem. Neither bad players, but never THAT good. They've even got the old Man City striker playing out of his skin.

A real, role-model club.

Nasri and Nzonzi never that good? Really?

8 hours ago, vanity said:

IDK if that is fair. Easy to scapegoat Musa, but isn't the real issue playing complimentary talent? Musa is duplicated by Vardy to a large extent, whereas Gray is a very different player, attacking up the sides, trying to take his man, moving around the left side looking for a shot or a cross or the back corner, whatever. With the attention teams have been paying Mahrez (who looked lazy as F to me today defensively when giving chase, I know we don't ask that of him much, but this is the CL, make the effort man), the left has a bit more room, when Gray is in and Slim can play we have a much, much more balanced attack than Vardy/Musa, two speedsters with nobody to get them the ball.

I agree with Mahrez comment, but re: Musa this post is typical of people defending the indefensible. 

Musa is terrible on the ball and continually makes poor decisions.

Conclusion: These are not issues related to a new signing needing to 'bed in' - he's been signed seven months anyway - but it's evidence of a player not up to this level of football.

Weve been duped and made a bad signing, who needs flogging in the summer.

10 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

'Result makes it even harder for Leicester'

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

25cc6ffe-c147-480f-88b3-a4f758332099.jpg

Phil Neville

Former Manchester United defender on Radio 5live

Posted at21:55

You saw the difference in class and ability between the two sides. Leicester have made it even harder for themselves with this result. Fans were expecting to lose 4-0 and now they're almost dreaming of getting to the quarter-finals and that's how much this result means to them. Sevilla played the second half in second gear and Leicester still have to face one of the best teams in La Liga.

Hands up the poster who wanted this Bell End to manage us......fcuk off N eville

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Wow, I just watched that video showing how the bench didn't react to the goal. WTF is going on?

I don't care how badly Musa plays, he can keep playing if he is one of the few who give a F.

I may be wrong, but I think the players still felt a defeat was a bad result. It would be pretty small time of the players to celebrate a goal to make it 2-1 too much.

Archived