Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

The goal changed us, suddenly aggression and decisiveness came back into our game with a little belief, and what's all this talk of luck? Your keeper is there to save the ball, it's his job, and Kasper done a great job of making a bunch of routine saves.

And if the local police are guilty of unprovoked aggression then eufa need to punish the host club as if their own fans had gone on the rampage if not more so, they are there to protect and police, too often police aggression is deemed acceptable in Europe and it needs dealing with.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sevilla dominated possession to such an extent that Samir Nasri and Steven N’Zonzi completed more passes than the entire Leicester team.

Astonishing stat!

Sevilla paid an 8 million transfer fee for him. The sort of shrewd acquisition that LC needed.

39 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Apparently only Musa and Claudio from the bench celebrated Leicester goal.

Ruud Gullit, Stuart Pearce and John Colins read something into it.

Incredible. The players wanted us to lose to remove Ranieri. It may also explain why Musa is getting so much playing time.

well heres may take on the game.

musa should never play 1st team again, he gets pushed of the ball all the time, never uses his pace, and his ball control is terrible.

how a side can be in such a good league yet we have no one u can hold the ball, sevilla held the ball like they where playing against kids.

we barley completed more than 1-2 passes, yet the only time we played the ball more than 3-4 times , we scored.

again huth and wes were terrible.

marhez just does not want to be there, he just gets push of the ball all the time. last year he would have rode those tackles, but now he just goes to ground.

one bright spot was gray who added drive and purpose.     

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Sevilla dominated possession to such an extent that Samir Nasri and Steven N’Zonzi completed more passes than the entire Leicester team.

Astonishing stat!

Sure is and they only beat us 2-1. Tottenham stats get you nowhere quick. Id take 1% possession if it meant we beat Sevilla 1 nil next match :)

Having said all that it would  be nice to have 50+% posession and score 5 goals every game

19 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

What pleased me the most was that the team showed courage and bravery to play football despite going 2-0 down.

We might have our team back.

you're having a laugh.....Kasper yes.. this team is far from back

There is absolutely no way that  Andy King is not going to have been celebrating that goal when it went in, so that replay isn't from the moment the goal went in, as has been mentioned several times on this thread.

My mate has it recorded if folks really want me to check, but I'm so confident on this I don't think I'll bother, unless I'm subject to scorn and derision by a huge number of posters! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, biggs said:

you're having a laugh.....Kasper yes.. this team is far from back

Totally agree.. The car crash aka Huth, Morgan and Fuchs should never play together again. Simpson actually had a reasonable game. We got lucky, but it is about time we had some luck.. Good goal and hopefully we can start to turn this around if CR starts to select the correct players and correct formation. I am not holding my breath though.

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

I want to be as positive as possible, I'm delighted I get to go and watch a game that still has all to play for. I'm pleased we had fight and let's leave it at that... but one thing has to be said....

Danny Simpson is a body, a dead body and he may as well be in a black bag laying dead on the right wing because he'd make just as much of an impact.

I thought Danny Simpson was our best defender again last night. The other three need th step it up. I think people scapegoat Simpson because of his past - but he's actually alright and has plenty of passion for the club too. 

20 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I thought Danny Simpson was our best defender again last night. The other three need th step it up. I think people scapegoat Simpson because of his past - but he's actually alright and has plenty of passion for the club too. 

Out of the 4 he is the most solid, very rarely Makes a mistake but also offers little offensively. Always a solid 7 in my eyes.

I did mention it soon after we scored. It was straight after our goal and Musa started clapping and then looked over to the rest of the bench and then stopped. Zieler just stared at Ranieri and King looked as if he didn't know what was going on. Very strange indeed.

Great result - but let's not get carried away it was awful. Yeh we had a go but I expect the players to put a bit of effort in for such a big game - it could have been 4 or 5 on another day. Still in it which I'm chuffed with but the problems are still there big time. 

27 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Wow, I just watched that video showing how the bench didn't react to the goal. WTF is going on?

I don't care how badly Musa plays, he can keep playing if he is one of the few who give a F.

So I didn't imagine it then. Andy King seems to look at a Ranieri with a look of complete disdain.

Credit where credit is due, we managed to stay in the tie and we were the better team in the second half. It's a very difficult place to go, think only Juventus and Barca have won there, which shows how difficult it is to play there. Sevilla have also not lost a European knockout tie since 2011, which shows how hard a team they are to face. 

Archived