Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

Got away with that in my opinion. First half was the usually lacklustre shambles. Defence was a doddering disaster, midfield mediocre, attack atrocious. 

Second half we improved and actually showed glimpses of character. 2-1 flattered us, but the away goal could be pivotal. 

Gray obviously should be streets ahead of Musa. 

We we have a chance to progress but think we will need two decent halves next time against these. 

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Savage will rip into us (and rightly so) but then call you an idiot for questioning the manager'sposition at the club? Someone should ask Robbie, whos fault is it we look so disjointed and tactically clueless?

The guy is a moron.

Agree he's a moron. 

However, I think after seeing how lacklustre and poor we were in the first half last night , Savage will now go quiet in his defence of Ranieri. I really do. 

Thing is , most of the pundits who say we are fickle for calling for his head don't see how bad we are in terms of guts, spirit, confidence etc. They don't watch us closely enough. 

Full credit to the lads for their second half performance. It takes guts to go somewhere like that against such a good side and play the way we did in the second half. You only have to look at Arsenal to see how hard away legs are in the champions league and they do it every year. This is our first ever (and probably last) stint and I think they did us proud . 

I don't think this is a turning point and we were absolutely horrendous for the first 70 minutes. 

However, the last 20 minutes were much more like it and the goal was fantastic. 20 whole minutes of not treating the ball like bomb!

The defending really was sunday league at times. The second goal you could see coming and the penalty was just laughable. Despite all that, we're still in the tie! 

Come on Leicester.

the first half we were really poor and Morgan gave away the penalty and was at fault for a goal and Fuchs was at fault for the other one but second half absolutely amazing and a great cross by Drinkwater for vardy to score. the first half Sevilla could easily had three or four but somehow we weathered the storm. just want to say what a prat Robbie Savage is slating Leicester last night yes the first half defending was poor but we are playing a top European side who have won the Europa league for the last three years it was never going to be anything but difficult so the over the top having a go at Leicester was just stupid! we are still in tie and it will be extremely difficult we need the Kingpower crowd to get behind the team in the second leg and believe anything can happen.

Guest bennytwohats

I know we were shit for most of the game but that away goal still has me buzzing today. Walking around with a smile on my face, football hasn't made me feel like this much this season.

Just please build on those last 20 minutes in the next game. I'm not even asking for a win against Liverpool, just put in a performance to give us some hope going into the Hull game!

I think that away goal has turned the tie on its head.Their players didn't look happy at the end and they have to get a result as much as we do now. I think they were expecting to trounce us and the 2nd leg would be a damp squid. If only we could make the home tie hostile by booing and whistling everytime their players have the ball.

We were poor for the majority of the game but there are certainly some positives to take

The away goal!

Kasper outstanding 

Vardy scoring

Musa surely behind Gray in the pecking order 

And some things suggest that maybe the dressing room isn't completely lost. From Vardy's pretty game interview to the way we celebrated the goal, we seemed together. 

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

quite interesting that rio ferdinand compared his decline at qpr to wes morgan.

Ferdinand and Vidic lost it over a summer. Although baring last season their whole careers were playing at a higher level than Huth and Morgan. Interesting comparison though.

IMO Huth has actually been worse than Morgan. A lot of the mistakes Morgan has made have been covering Huth including the pen. Both have been poor but I'd say Huth has been a bit worse.

As for Morgan not congratulating Kasper on the save.  His mind was probably on being angry at himself for giving it away. Or maybe there is a bit of Alpha male stuff with Kasper being captain in all but name.

Can someone explain why Claudio started Musa instead of Gray? Is there something to it, has Musa played in the CL before or something?

I can't get my head around it - Gray has been in superb form recently, Musa has been consistently awful. Strange decision and sums Claudio's player selections up this season.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Odd comments from Wes. "We used to be a together team, we're not this season."

i mean yes yes it's plain for all to see but it's a weird thing to publically say! 

I picked up on that too, saying we need to get back to it shows they know there is a problem, hopefully the end of this game showed they have got a fight in them and they will do it for each other. 

45 minutes ago, smr said:

Can someone explain why Claudio started Musa instead of Gray? Is there something to it, has Musa played in the CL before or something?

I can't get my head around it - Gray has been in superb form recently, Musa has been consistently awful. Strange decision and sums Claudio's player selections up this season.

Yeah Musa had a decent CL record with CSKA. Must have 3-4 years of playing in it. I can see the logic behind it tbf but obviously it didn't work.

I feel really pleased about last night now but everyone seems very negative still lol

2 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Yeah Musa had a decent CL record with CSKA. Must have 3-4 years of playing in it. I can see the logic behind it tbf but obviously it didn't work.

I feel really pleased about last night now but everyone seems very negative still lol

Probably because the performance was p*ss poor for 70 minutes. 

We are very fortunate to still be in the tie. 

Like I said earlier....I'm betting that the lads rallied themselves for that second half. Nothing to do with Claudio....as everyone has mentioned the set up was all wrong....again.....he still needs the boot regardless, maybe yesterday might make the players speak up a bit....credit to the lads I say, they dug deep second half despite being battered for most of the game....they're leaderless, there is no one to turn to....Kasper looks like the voice on the field but Ranieri is a weak man in these positions...

Those lads came out with a "**** it" attitude yesterday in the second half in my opinion and took it upon themselves to fashion some form of hope from the game, as many said Drinky pretty much abandoned his role to create that goal. 

17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Has anyone else seen the abuse Leicester fans have been getting for singing "champions of England, you'll never sing that" to Sevilla fans lol 

Some people 

Social media loves to find something to be outraged at.

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is there just a still picture?  

Does a still tell you anything? 

I'm going on what the pundits said, to be honest, plus a few of the posters on here. But it does not look good. They are only a few matches away from ironic cheering.

I'm not Ranieri's biggest fan, but I can't help but support the man who actually celebrated our only goal.

This is our biggest game in our 133 year history, and the benched players are so vindictive that they refuse to celebrate the idea we may be still in the game and tournament?

I can understand why there's discontent, but that seems far, far too much to me.

Archived