Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester Post Match

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nasri and Nzonzi never that good? Really?

Yeah really. Not as good as they both looked last night. Nzonzi has improved dramatically. 

My point is Sevilla developing these players. Nasri looked like his career was over at Man City. 

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

Hands up the poster who wanted this Bell End to manage us......fcuk off N eville

Just like the poster talking about his time in Spain I think you're getting the brothers confused. Don't know anyone who wants Phil Neville as our manager

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I didn't notice the lack of reaction from the bench at the time. Weird. 

You'd think even though we were losing that a bit of support/celebration from the bench would help. 

Maybe they were just so surprised and forgotten what to do when we score.....I was too busy punching the air and shouting to notice the reaction of the bench and Ranieri.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah really. Not as good as they both looked last night. Nzonzi has improved dramatically. 

My point is Sevilla developing these players. Nasri looked like his career was over at Man City. 

Could that have had something to do with them both playing against relegation fodder?

Honestly Nasri has been brilliant for most of his career and is probably playing below the levels he did in his last season at a Arsenal/ first at Man City.

Nzonzi has obviously improved there but he was always going to a decent European club after leaving Stoke.

Your post makes it sound like they had both dropped down a few levels before Sevilla signed them.

Pretty tame game. Only looked dangerous when Gray came on which wasn't a surprise. Sevilla weren't too concered about going for the jugular which I found weird, so they made us look better than we were. All in all there's not too many positives to take again.

Wasn't incredibly impressed by Sevilla either to be fair, it just seemed like everyone was going through the motions knowing Sevilla should win. Complete contrast to the City v Monaco game last night (or two nights ago should I say haha).

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Could that have had something to do with them both playing against relegation fodder?

Honestly Nasri has been brilliant for most of his career and is probably playing below the levels he did in his last season at a Arsenal/ first at Man City.

Nzonzi has obviously improved there but he was always going to a decent European club after leaving Stoke.

Your post makes it sound like they had both dropped down a few levels before Sevilla signed them.

Yeah this is right both good players, I mean Nasri has always been top level, never quite lived up to the next Zidane tag but very good footballer.....I'd agree he's not quite at the level he was in his early twenties. Nzonzi was a bit below the radar when he was over here but always very astute footballer.

Anyway, last night, utter rubbish for the most part, defended well at times but I cannot praise our defense on the whole at the goals were extremely avoidable and the penalty and the calamitous build up were laugh out loud funny. Clueless going forward and created next to nothing, but we scored with the one bit of football we played in 90 minutes so who gives a fck lol 

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nah. If anyone would have said that the Steven Nzonzi at Stoke would develop into the player he is now, I'd have called them a liar.

And Nasri was nowhere near the first team at Man City anymore. His footballing career at the top level looked over.

Both players have gone to Sevilla and basically moved up a notch (in the case of Nzonzi) or resurrected a top level career (Nasri). 

Which is what Sevilla do.

Role model club.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah this is right both good players, I mean Nasri has always been top level, never quite lived up to the next Zidane tag but very good footballer.....I'd agree he's not quite at the level he was in his early twenties. Nzonzi was a bit below the radar when he was over here but always very astute footballer.

Anyway, last night, utter rubbish for the most part, defended well at times but I cannot praise our defense on the whole at the goals were extremely avoidable and the penalty and the calamitous build up were laugh out loud funny. Clueless going forward and created next to nothing, but we scored with the one bit of football we played in 90 minutes so who gives a fck lol 

We were pretty shit really weren't we, how we came away 2-1 is criminal on their part but oh well.

Sprained my ankle when Vardy scored went ape shit and the guy next to me barely even clapped lol Why do people go all the way over there, sit smack bang next to the away supporters and then not even cheer when we finally scored a goal?

My youngest asked me how it went after the match and I told him that we were slaughtered 2-1 - and that's how it felt.  Outplayed by a team that displayed some wonderful ball control and one-touch football, I can't believe they only scored two.  We didn't look great defensively and I can't see that changing for the second leg.  Yes we have a chance but Sevilla would have to play worse than they have done in the qualifying stage of this tournament which looks unlikely, so I still believe that we're odds-on to go out.

The weaknesses were there for all to see, defensively frail, giving the ball away too easily, a lack of cohesion for most of the match and some players weren't up to the standard required for this or PL level.  Still against all the odds we're in with a shout, I hope the squad unites and gives it their all for the shirt from here on in as that's what we must have to progress.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

We were pretty shit really weren't we, how we came away 2-1 is criminal on their part but oh well.

Sprained my ankle when Vardy scored went ape shit and the guy next to me barely even clapped lol Why do people go all the way over there, sit smack bang next to the away supporters and then not even cheer when we finally scored a goal?

Yes I'd go as far as dreadful, but amazing result really, as I say we did defend well and did restrict them they didn't miss many clear chances.....it's just when we did concead oh my....the horror, and if the penalty had gone in we'd of been put to the sword I reckon, Kasper earned his money last night saving that and pop shots they kept taking. Main concern for me, again, we lack any kind of creativity for most the part. 

Excellent lol how do you not celebrate that goal, absloutley huge goal. 

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yes, let's not on any forum talk about this, cus forums are not the place to do so.  Can we all go back, bury our heads in the sand and be positive :P

It's not the did it happen, it's the ascertation that it did happen and slating people because of it! 

There is is no evidence for either version of events!

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

ITVs "highlights" for the first half only showed Sevilla players touching the ball and passing to feet - the only City touches were to pass to the opposition and pick the ball out of the net

Accurate description of the first 45 to be fair.

I wonder what the other 2 games are? Porto away?

Leicester posted their third lowest possession figure in a game under manager Claudio Ranieri - 27.5%. Their heat map is on the right, with Sevilla's on the left showing significantly more possession

44 minutes ago, Ricey said:

One of the most disconcerting things about last night was how much sense Robbie Savage was talking about us.

If Robbie Savage can see these things, why can't our coaching staff?

Savage will rip into us (and rightly so) but then call you an idiot for questioning the manager'sposition at the club? Someone should ask Robbie, whos fault is it we look so disjointed and tactically clueless?

The guy is a moron.

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

I wonder what the other 2 games are? Porto away?

Leicester posted their third lowest possession figure in a game under manager Claudio Ranieri - 27.5%. Their heat map is on the right, with Sevilla's on the left showing significantly more possession

Nah comfortably in the 30's with that one lol 

It'd honestly not surprise me if they were actually games we got a result out of....

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Whatever way we cut & dice this we have a chance now to redefine our whole season.  It's a BIG ask and it can all still go tits up.  So Ranieri really now has to get the best out of his selection & formation.

He's talked about changes, and many of us have asked for changes, but he has been making formation and personnel changes throughout the season. Perhaps he needs to settle on the team and style of play and enforce it. The second half team, attitude, performance and style of play every game for a full 90 mins please.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Savage will rip into us (and rightly so) but then call you an idiot for questioning the manager'sposition at the club? Someone should ask Robbie, whos fault is it we look so disjointed and tactically clueless?

The guy is a moron.

I agree, but he was highlighting a lot of the issues from last night such as the half hearted pressing from the front, our midfield going walkabouts and Huth charging out of position. A lot of pundits wouldn't come down so hard on things like that, so it was refreshing to hear it.

He is a hypocritical moron most of the time though.

Archived