Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Yesterday my dream died

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I called for him to go.  I was sure (and still am) that if he'd have stayed we would most certainly have gone down.

Now its happened and the dust has settled, I cant help but feel a complete selfish, fickle cvnt.

I feel like i've fallen for Sky's plan.  The plan that convinces us all that Premier League football is the be all and end all and the money they can generate for you trumps everything else.

Thinking about it all day and now reading that statement, I now know that I would much prefer to have stood by Claudio, gone down and kept him with us in the Championship.

Fvck the Prem.  Fvck the money.  We've let ourselves down with this and I'm genuinely sad that Claudio Ranieri is no longer our manager.

I was wrong to want him gone and i'll forever regret that this ever happened at Leicester City Football Club.

He's left his job with a bundle of notes in his back bin to tide  him over. 

He isn't dead FFS!!

Man up or put the Gin away!

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

The owners aquired LCFC because they needed a marketing

tool (that's what our club is right now) for their King Power

business....

Well done Mr Srivaddhanaprabha.

They just trashed their brand..... what brand values does king power represent now?

Claudio rises above it..... he has enhanced his standing

Players come and go, owners come and and, sadly, some  supporters come and go.

The dignity, decency and utter warmth exuberated by Claudio will well and truly remain forever in the history of LCFC. Good work, Claudio. Consider yourself a genuine legend and a thoroughly decent chap.  

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I feel terrible. I felt that changing manager would be for the best, but now he's gone, I would rather he still be here. Sorry Claudio.

Feel the same.. 

Feel the heart has been ripped out of the club.. 

Right now I despise the players and truly hope those involved in getting Claudio sacked rot in Hell. 

6 minutes ago, crsleicester said:

Fook Me , it's like Princess Diana all over again. ?

It is amazing how much this has been blown up. It is a guy that lost his job got a great pay off, and he is now more sort after than he was when he first arrived. People acting like the world has just bloody ended 

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is amazing how much this has been blown up. It is a guy that lost his job got a great pay off, and he is now more sort after than he was when he first arrived. People acting like the world has just bloody ended 

I get your point.

Nobody has died and, ultimately, if most people don't pull results in at work, they get binned.

Personally however, I think there's a wider issue here,  and that's one of morality;

The club, in my opinion, had a chance to stand by the fella' that achieved the near impossible, they failed.

Yes, that's a sentimental theory, and yes, there is no place for such offerings in the modern world, let alone football.  But, for me at least, it was a refreshing  opportunity chance to buck the trend of a 'must have it all age' . A real shame.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

You are reminding me of the Queen 20 years ago. She also didn't get it in the first days.

Ranieri was much more than just a manager. Marketing-wise he was the jack-pot.

The people out there loved us, because of him.

Dilly-ding, dilly-dong.

4 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

I get you're point, nobody has died and, ultimately, if most people don't pull results in at work, they get binned.

Personally however, I think there's a wider issue here,  and that's one of morality;

The club, in my opinion, had a chance to stand by the fella' that achieved the near impossible, they failed.

Yes, that's a sentimental theory, and yes, there is no place for such offerings in the modern world, let alone football.  But, for me at least, it was a refreshing  opportunity chance to buck the trend of a 'must have it all age' . A real shame.

What annoys me is we gave the guy the chance to rebuild his reputation when no one would touch him. He has done that successfully and will find himself in work again if he wants it. Plus he got a handsome pay off, people need to calm down a bit. 

24 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Remember the Swansea game.Second half. Slimani and Vardy "missing"  a sitter.

Could it really be, that they didn't want to score?

Vardy scored in the Sevilla game a few days later. I actually think you are giving them slightly more credit with your accusation. They missed, because they were not good enough to score at the time. The story of our season.

6 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

You are not alone with that sentiment.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

What annoys me is we gave the guy the chance to rebuild his reputation when no one would touch him. He has done that successfully and will find himself in work again if he wants it. Plus he got a handsome pay off, people need to calm down a bit. 

very good point. we're effectively the pinnacle of his managerial career.

forever been second best, he was finally a champion. and leaves us that way with his head held high.

Leicester City done just as much for him as he has for Leicester City

Guest LCFC_World

You do get that feeling that "you don't know what you have until it's gone" but I still think it was for the best. Let's remain positive.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Vardy scored in the Sevilla game a few days later. I actually think you are giving them slightly more credit with your accusation. They missed, because they were not good enough to score at the time. The story of our season.

Knowing, that Ranieri would be sacked?

Just a question.

10 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

I get you're point, nobody has died and, ultimately, if most people don't pull results in at work, they get binned.

Football is a business, the business manager failed at his job this season which will/could put their business in a dire situation. HE left them no choice. Get over it. 

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Knowing, that Ranieri would be sacked?

Just a question.

you can't choose when to score.

there are 22 players on the pitch, it's in complete open play.

I agree some players might not have been putting in the effort but to say they deliberately spurn chances is ludicrous!

3 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

And there proves my point. 

You're making out the owners have failed because they should've stuck with him for sentimental reasons and to buck the trend, well they obviously decided as it wasn't worth the risk.

Archived