Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Yesterday my dream died

Classy from Claudio and beautiful written. 

Despite all these overdramatic sods saying our fans are this and that, I actually think the fans deserve some credit. I'd say a lot of us have been very disappointed with Ranieri's management this season but it never translated into something venomous. 

Without being too harsh, some of us had a dream of winning the FA Cup and we were in the last 16 last week. We put out a physically and mentally weak minded team and lost to a third tier club. 

Really emotional statement. I hope he knows what he means to us! I just really hope he doesn't cut all ties with the club as he will always be welcome here.

I feel really guilty for wanting him out but I still think its the right choice. I've questioned that a number of times today but I think that's the emotion of it

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Classy from Claudio and beautiful written. 

Despite all these overdramatic sods saying our fans are this and that, I actually think the fans deserve some credit. I'd say a lot of us have been very disappointed with Ranieri's management this season but it never translated into something venomous. 

Without being too harsh, some of us had a dream of winning the FA Cup and we were in the last 16 last week. We put out a physically and mentally weak minded team and lost to a third tier club. 

He was damned either way though, play the first eleven against Millwall and possibly watch them get ripped apart by Sevilla four days later. 

After Porto he would have been crucified.

29 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

There have been posters on here that have ridiculed this man, i`ve seen him called a clown, a twat and a moron in recent times, well those posters should read that statement and learn what true class is, and hopefully learn from it.

This man is forever, truly a Leicester City legend, a man that made a dream come true, that brought not just the football club, but the City of Leicester to the attention of the world.

The man has so much class, in a world that has so little.

Thank you Claudio, from the bottom of my heart, for dreaming, and making my dream a reality.

I will carry those memories with me forever.

This.

And those calling him the nastiest things on here were undoubtedly in the streets of Leicester or in Vicky Park cheering and singing his name as the bus went by, relishing in the unmitigated joy of being Champions of England.

That's what he achieved for this club, the city and the fans

I kept the faith, with him until Febuary, I never threw abuse, or questioned his integrity.

like many on here, I questioned first the players, because even if you disagree with your manager,

you still have to play to your contract and more.Plus your duty to the club, you have to give out

performances, to a man you either got pay rise or bonuses, you failed to a man to give your club,

the fans any consistent, proffesional high paid performance.Crossing the whitewash was not

considered enough for you..shame.!!

But he had good reason to show the team, he cant accept c such performances, but his lack of

new wave investment, and keeping stubborn in his player loyalty. The CB issue for me, more than anything

made and left me very disappointed, dumbfounded, and confused.

Heartbroken, that he in the end couldnt grab hold of the situation.This man this Legend deserved to try and

continue with us the fans, to develope that dream, we all  wanted that miracle to have another chapter, but in the end

it was his lack of awareness, that caused us the most pain.We were so near it hurts..!!

Many a dream bubble burst today, In his parting My footballing heart had a big piece ripped out of it, never to be healed.:(

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Still not a single player whos come out on social media to voice their gratitude to Ranieri yet. 

I hope these selfish ****ers are boo'd on Monday night, whilst Ranieris name is sung to the rafters.

Get a fvcking grip lad

43 minutes ago, Shelf Side Spurs said:

Leicester are not my club obviously, but I'm with Lineker and all the fans that think he has been poorly treated and shown a huge lack of respect by the players and those behind this sacking. He strikes me as a very decent man and I wish him every success in the future.

If you had watched every performance this season you may have a differing view.

He is and always will be a legend but this season was only finishing one way.

Most love stories have a tragic ending, and this is exactly what has happened.

What a man!

This time yesterday I was undecided as to if he should be sacked or not. The way I have felt since the news broke tells me I didn't want him to go. 

Looking forward to singing his name with all the heart I can give on Monday. 

God bless Claudio!

Anyone that puts him down after last season is a w4nker.

Who knows what's gone on and yes we need a change.

But CR will only ever be my HERO.

Yes its not gone right but he's only ever a legend. Unlike some sh1t players some call a legend.

I'm honestly gutted, I'm at the stage of hurt and will be for a long time I think, it's something that I feel is going to take a long time to get over this. I'm actually ready to jack it all in and not bother anymore! 

Who ever we get won't last more that 18 months so what's the point of supporting a modern football club ? 

This forum is top notch sometimes but other times it's vile, what happens if we get someone in and we lose to hull, get knocked out to Sevilla and are bottom in 4 games? The 80% of you who wanted him gone, would you demand change again? Will the players? We are already a laughing stock and o really think it's going to continue for a while. Modern football is a joke, it really is! 

Deep down I still feel that we've made the right call, reading that though saddens me.

Looking back on everything I feel more and more angry at the players more than anything, only if we could sack Drinkwater, Mahrez & Vardy.

Thanks again, Claudio :claudio:

I think as time moves on and there's distance, may be it will be seen that this was exactly the right time for Claudio to leave us - we are still in the CL, we are still clear of the bottom 3, and the outpouring of emotion will ensure that the man, quite rightly, will be celebrated for generations to come. Had he led us to relegation maybe this wouldn't have been the case, which would have been a travesty. We'll go down at some point, maybe come back up thereafter. But what should endure is the achievement of 2015/16 and the respect for the man who led us there. 

Archived