Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Yesterday my dream died

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I hope he gets a proper send off, I know sacked managers normally don't but this is different. An official goodbye before kick off at one of our matches where they give him flowers and whatever. Maybe last game of the season against Bournemouth. He deserves to get a goodbye from the fans in a packed KP

Would you come back for that?

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Should have offered Claudio Rudkins job. If he took it everyone's happy, if he turned it down the headlines would have read Ranieri walks from leicester.

I agree, they should of offered him a director's post of some kind, keeping him at the club would have been a positive thing to do

We sang his name at the end of the game Wednesday and he waved back

His statement makes me really sad 

but we have been shagged by managers walking out on us in the past and no one cared about our well being then so it's just the way it is im afraid. No room for sentiment.

a real shame they couldn't find a way of him leaving by mutual consent. Now I fear the weirder stuff about his behaviour will inevitably come out to defend the clubs action and detract from his achievements. 

I called for him to go.  I was sure (and still am) that if he'd have stayed we would most certainly have gone down.

Now its happened and the dust has settled, I cant help but feel a complete selfish, fickle cvnt.

I feel like i've fallen for Sky's plan.  The plan that convinces us all that Premier League football is the be all and end all and the money they can generate for you trumps everything else.

Thinking about it all day and now reading that statement, I now know that I would much prefer to have stood by Claudio, gone down and kept him with us in the Championship.

Fvck the Prem.  Fvck the money.  We've let ourselves down with this and I'm genuinely sad that Claudio Ranieri is no longer our manager.

I was wrong to want him gone and i'll forever regret that this ever happened at Leicester City Football Club.

Feel for him, those ****ing players have nothing to hide behind now though and his removal in my opinion will keep us up, should top get it right with their new selection. It isn't easy, right or fair, but the players have won. All the best Claudio, you truly are lovely.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh bore off. Look at the results this season and look back at yourself instead.

Claudio Ranieri is to Leicester what Shankley is to Liverpool, what Clough is to forest, fergie to Man united his legend will rightly grow and grow.

In years to come when your grandchildren ask you about the great man hopfully you will remember that you spent the last few months of his reign moaning and crying like a little girl and demanding he was sacked because he lost a few games.

Modern football fans are a hypocritical bunch they demand unwavering loyalty yet offer none themselves.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Claudio Ranieri is to Leicester what Shankley is to Liverpool, what Clough is to forest, fergie to Man united his legend will rightly grow and grow.

In years to come when your grandchildren ask you about the great man hopfully you will remember that you spent the last few months of his reign moaning and crying like a little girl and demanding he was sacked because he lost a few games.

Modern football fans are a hypocritical bunch they demand unwavering loyalty yet offer none themselves.

Lost a few games? Are you mad? We have done nothing but. We haven't scored in the prem in 2017, we couldn't score against a 10 man millwall, we are leaking goals like a broken toilet and Claudio did NOTHING to change that. Get over it and stop living in the past. 

He should publicly come out name and shame those spoiled brats who went behind his back and caused a mini revolution,because those spoiled brats if it can be proven talked their co players to actually throw games by underachieving to get Claudio sacked!

I feel so sorry for Claudio for the way this gentleman has been treated by a small amount of spoiled over paid under achieving brats,if proven then the Premier League must step in and fine these individuals !

This is the first time I have really thought our owners of letting both Claudio and the supporters down and I know the Claudio out brigade will disagree but this gentleman of football was poorly treated by players he kept faith with and made them Premier League Champions and they stabbed him in the back  like spineless little Bitches !!

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Lost a few games? Are you mad? We have done nothing but. We haven't scored in the prem in 2017, we couldn't score against a 10 man millwall, we are leaking goals like a broken toilet and Claudio did NOTHING to change that. Get over it and stop living in the past. 

Your right mate Pardew has a much better chance of keeping us up than the single greatest manager in our history.

Enjoy the rest of the season pal, you deserve it.

... the players may have won the battle to be rid of one of the most popular figures to ever grace our not-so beautiful at this moment in time club .... but as it has already been said in this thread, they now have nowhere to hide ... then again, being paid what they are will they really care let alone put the effort in to prevent the greatest of embarrassing ends to a season?

Truly heros to zeros if they continue the pathetic excuse of playing standards we've witnessed in 2017 ... Claudio deserved better, the fans demand better but the media are licking their lips at the prospect of a total meltdown ... whilst I'm disappointed and saddened by the whole situation at present my overall feeling is one of anger ... the sooner we are rid of these players the better, premier league or not then so be it!

40 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I called for him to go.  I was sure (and still am) that if he'd have stayed we would most certainly have gone down.

Now its happened and the dust has settled, I cant help but feel a complete selfish, fickle cvnt.

I feel like i've fallen for Sky's plan.  The plan that convinces us all that Premier League football is the be all and end all and the money they can generate for you trumps everything else.

Thinking about it all day and now reading that statement, I now know that I would much prefer to have stood by Claudio, gone down and kept him with us in the Championship.

Fvck the Prem.  Fvck the money.  We've let ourselves down with this and I'm genuinely sad that Claudio Ranieri is no longer our manager.

I was wrong to want him gone and i'll forever regret that this ever happened at Leicester City Football Club.

Fair play to you for posting that mate. Big respect :thumbup:

Okay, now I know, what  "unwavering support" means in Thailand.

When the owners wrote that, they were obviously lying through their

teeth. But, hey, that's modern day  football. It's all about money.

Nothing else.   

Who decided not to trigger Silva's release clause, who decided

not to pay the 25m Burnley wanted for Keane, the 35m Watford

wanted for Deeney? Who decided not to make an improved offer

for Ramirez or Acerbi? I mean, how much did we actually spend in

the last transfer window?

Player motivation: who decided to give them those big, new contracts?

Who decided to give them those silly new cars?

And not to forget: who decided to turn our team into the Leicester

Globetrotters, instead of having a proper pre-season?

Ranieri?

He had, like all managers, no influence at all on financial matters.

He was not a member of the Board, where all these decisions were

made.

Did he make mistakes? Of course!!!

Like all managers.

His farewell note shows again, what is so special about this man.

The owners aquired LCFC because they needed a marketing

tool (that's what our club is right now) for their King Power

business empire in Britain and, if possible, in Europe.

Therefore winning games was essential, but winning the press

and the wider public was also very important.

A positive image of the club was  worth a lot of money.

With NP that was impossible. Insulting journalists and fans on a 

regular basis didn't really do the trick.

Ranieri, however, was a PR dream come true. He was, more than

anybody else, responsible for the fact, that our club was loved by

almost every football-fan in the world. He was the public face of LCFC.

The people out there cheered us on, because he was the best

ambassador LCFC ever had.

Sacking him just 16 days after promising him "unwavering support"

has changed everything. From being the most loved club in the

world, we have turned into the most despised one.

Well done Mr Srivaddhanaprabha.

Archived