Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Best performance

Right we've had the legend thread.

But what is the best single performance you've seen in a Leicester City shirt? Ever.......

Well I knew this girl once who used to like to wear a City Shirt, no perhaps we shouldn't go there :whistle:

So many. Peter Shilton gave an abundance of wonderful individual performances.

They should perhaps play the Steve Walsh video (referred to by DavieG) before every City match but as that one's gone I'd refer to Frank Worthington's wonderful display against England centre-back Charlie Hurley when his piece de resistance was to catch a punt from the goalkeeper, flick in over the tight-marking Hurley and smash in into the net on the volley (before it touched the ground) from about 35 yards.

Steve Claridge's play-off-winning goal was so special it didn't really matter to me what he did before (and I can't really remember anyway) but my overall blue shirt special was a collective one - that 6-0 win over Manchester United.

City conceded the first "goal" but it was disallowed and everyone feared that the team widely regarded as the very best in Europe would cut us to shreds. George Best was at his peak, Bobby Charlton waiting to win the World Cup, Denis Law was a wizard inside forward with his hands forever holding his shirt cuffs, indeed the United side was packed with internationals.

But that disallowed goal was metaphorically the last kick United had. It was Leicester who turned on the magic - Davie Gibson and friends tore them to pieces in the most inspiring 90 minutes of football I'll ever see from a City side.

It was even fun to watch Bestie's wizardry cos no sooner had he conjured an opening than Leicester responded by sweeping up the other end on some deadly assault of their own. Thing was though Leicester's attacks ended in goals and how proud we all were next morning to read the newspapers and realise it wasn't all a dream. Leicester a little club. No always folks, not always.

The Leicester of those days made even the biggest teams nervous.

I forgot that one and it'd rate it alongside anything. What a talent and what a waste to see him disappear into the car parks ...

That was the start of the end of city that was, Thank you PT you will always be remembered

from what i witnessed Collymore amazing hat trick vs Sunderland. looked to set up an amazing combo with Heskey. but it never got off after that. thanks Stan for the 3 goals that game.

In my 20 years as a Leicester fan that was the performance that has stood out for me.

Leicester 4-0 Leeds, just a few years back. Lilian Nalis scored a spectacular volley on his left foot.

or.... Derby a few more years back. I dont know the date or year, as I was much too young, but we took a 4-0 lead inside of 20mins.

Drawing 3-3 with Arsenal, if I remember Walshie scored the equaliser late on.

If we are going individual performance......

.... probably Collymore hat-trick, or Elliott in league cup final vs Tranmere

Leicester 4-0 Leeds, just a few years back. Lilian Nalis scored a spectacular volley on his left foot.

or.... Derby a few more years back. I dont know the date or year, as I was much too young, but we took a 4-0 lead inside of 20mins.

Drawing 3-3 with Arsenal, if I remember Walshie scored the equaliser late on.

If we are going individual performance......

.... probably Collymore hat-trick, or Elliott in league cup final vs Tranmere

Those last two is what I would say. That Derby game finished 4-0 if I remember right. Think that 3-3 with Arsenal was the one where Walshie and Ian Wright squared up at end!

Archived